shape
carat
color
clarity

GIA 1.04 FDK Brg Y I2 clarity diamond

sirinagu

Rough_Rock
I am very new to this FCD world. planning to buy the 1.04 Cushion Modified Brilliant cut diamond. Fancy Dark Brown-Greenish Yellow color and I2 clarity
Need your expert opinions and pointers on this.
Is it a good FCD to buy and how much this could be worth?

LoversKites

Brilliant_Rock
Well the I2 clarity and brown greenish colour will lessen the value of the stone. It is very unlikely that an i2 will be eye clean. I think however it really depends on the fcd as fcds vary so greatly. The closest comparison I found was a 1.02ct brown yellow diamond, vs1 clarity (so quite a lot higher than yours,) for 2.3k. http://www.leibish.com/yellow-diamond/102ct-fancy-brown-yellow-cushion-vs1-112499-17758

Someone with more knowledge may be able to be more specific.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
sirinagu|1404148896|3703817 said:
I am very new to this FCD world. planning to buy the 1.04 Cushion Modified Brilliant cut diamond. Fancy Dark Brown-Greenish Yellow color and I2 clarity
Need your expert opinions and pointers on this.
Is it a good FCD to buy and how much this could be worth?

You can get that color and clarity, and size, all over ebay for less than $1K. It's a very inexpensive color mix and the poor clarity also reduces the value.

sirinagu

Rough_Rock
Thanks TL. so anything more than 1k is rip off, right?

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
sirinagu|1404187077|3704221 said:
Thanks TL. so anything more than 1k is rip off, right?

You know, I know some very highly regarded FCD sellers charge a lot more money for these stones, and they come with a GIA report and so on, but personally, these FCD colors are just not valuable, even with a GIA report. Places like those are great to buy fancy pinks, blues and other high demand rare colors, but not these. They can be lovely stones, but they're just not in high demand.

$1K is not an outrageous price to pay, but you can find them a lot cheaper on ebay. Ebay isn't for novices though, so use caution and only go with highly rated sellers who have excellent feedback on toolhaus.org. These particular diamonds also tend to be cloudy, which also lends to the I2 clarity, as they contain "clouds."

You can find similar colors on ebay by just searching for diamonds under "green diamond" or "greenish diamond" in the loose diamond and gemstone category. Many olive colored diamonds will pop up including some irradiated ones, which are easy to distinguish, as they are very "artificial" looking in color.

Here's one that just popped up from a top rated seller.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/FIERY-2-20-Ct-UNTREATED-SPARKLING-FANCY-YELLOWISH-GREEN-NATURAL-LOOSE-DIAMONDS-/371093017636?pt=Loose_Diamonds&hash=item5666de1424

Here's a completed listing from the same seller, 1.49 carats, as you can see, the demand is not high for these based on the price, but I think it's a pretty stone regardless.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/FIERY-1-49-Cts-WOW-SPARKLING-FANCY-YELLOWISH-GREEN-COLOR-NATURAL-LOOSE-DIAMONDS-/371088333871?pt=Loose_Diamonds&hash=item5666969c2f

psproot12

Shiny_Rock
100% agree, Ebay; if handled with caution, is the place for this segment of the FCD market.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
psproot12|1404209892|3704329 said:
100% agree, Ebay; if handled with caution, is the place for this segment of the FCD market.

Well, to be honest, I think they're great for browns and off color greys and other low demand colors, but I would still get my pinks, blues and super rare colors from Liebisch. It's just too risky when you're talking about huge amounts of money for those types of gems.

I have several diamonds from ebay myself that I collected for over two decades. It helped me to afford a scatter ring and some lovely pieces that I enjoy without breaking the bank.

sirinagu

Rough_Rock
Uploading the pics...

_19955.jpg

patricias

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Can you get a photo of the stone out of the box, and in focus? An I2 stone will have flaws visible to the unaided eye. This is generally less of an issue with fancy color stones-especially the darker stones, as this one is-but the stone may still have a significant flaw visible without magnification. And if you see the flaw every time you look at the stone, it'll drive you nuts.

sirinagu

Rough_Rock
This one got more clouds. I guess that's why it is i2.
Attaching the plot.

_19956.jpg

sirinagu

Rough_Rock
Finally confirmed the design for my fcd in a pendant.
Diamonds of 2 pointers in a halo surrounded by emeralds in channel surrounded by rubies made in 18k yellow gold.
Uploading pic given by designer.

_21564.jpg

sirinagu

Rough_Rock
Re: GIA 1.04 FDK Brg Y diamond pendant

So excited to share the final real pendant. Its looking so colorful and beautiful.

2014-10-01.jpg

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Post a modeling pic if you can, enjoy!

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Some vendors sell brown diamonds at incredibly high prices - others sell the same thing for much much much less. It pays to shop around and on Ebay you can get these for well below $1k. Definitely shop around.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results