shape
carat
color
clarity

my first pair of akoya!

kittycat1988

Rough_Rock
so excited to receive my first pair of akoyas from my dear boyfriend!! woohoo :love: pearls are just so elegant and graceful, they often remind me of beautiful ladies in oil paintings.

i am very new to pearls and this forum and now totally addicted to both of them! :love:

2014-09-26-20-38-04_deco_0.jpg

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
WOOT!!! The pearls are beautiful....and the note is pretty swoon-worthy too! Congrats!

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
Awww -- so sweet! Keep the note in a safe place forever.

Please give us details about your earrings, for example what is their mm?

Also, please please post ear shots! We love to see people's pearls in action!

Welcome to the Pearl Forum!!!

kittycat1988

Rough_Rock
hi cmd! thank you for your sweet words! i almost cried when i saw his heart warming note :rodent:

do you wear your pearls on a daily basis? i am always afraid i might scratch it if i am not extra careful :wall:

hi bsomlo! thank you for your welcoming message! these are 8-8.5mm classic akoyas on 18k push backs. i will try to get an ear shot once i find a steady way to take a photo of myself haha i am keeping the note in my favorite book :angel: whenever i have a rough day at work i just read it and remember the important things in life

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wear my earrings often. They don't get much wear and tear on your ears. Don't put them on until after you have done your hair and makeup, as hairspray and other hair care products, perfumes, etc., will damage them. Also don't wear them while working out at the gym or in the tub/shower. Take them off at night and wipe them off with a soft cloth. Store them so that nothing hard or sharp will scratch them. That's about it.

krissy7

Shiny_Rock
Congratulations! Your earrings look beautiful, and note is so sweet and make the gift that much more special, and I am sure something you will treasure for years to come. Thank you for sharing this gift here.

Gemzy

Rough_Rock
kittycat1988 - they are beautiful studs. Boyfriends that give pearls, a good combo!

kittycat1988

Rough_Rock
thank you cmd for your tips, i guess pearls are fragile but not as fragile as i imagined them to be. just need to be mindful when i wear them :)

and thank you everyone for your sweet messages! i can wait to read more posts on this pearl forum!

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
They are absolutely beautiful! Enjoy them!

pkinnew

Brilliant_Rock
kittycat1988 - Congratulations on your beautiful earrings! They are a classic size & I know you'll wear them often. Oh and nice job finding such a kind and romantic boyfriend. Hang on!

kittycat1988

Rough_Rock
oh thank you ladies for your compliments! :angel:

just a thought, maybe i will turn this thread into a walk down memory lane! i would love to hear your story behind your first pair/strand of pearls! a piece of beautiful jewelry always comes with a beautiful memorable story, even if you bought it for yourself! recently my old college mentor bought a Tiffany diamond ring for herself, it was such a proud moment of accomplishment in celebrating her new job as a nurse practitioner.

what's your story? :D

4Ranch Girl

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations on your beautiful earrings and a very nice thoughtful boyfriend. Enjoy both :naughty:

kittycat1988

Rough_Rock
4ranch girl, i absolutely adore your pearl collection! it is just truly stunning!

Kay

Ideal_Rock
Kittycat, welcome to the forum. :wavey: Your earrings are beautiful and a great size - I bet you will wear them often. What a lovely note from your thoughtful boyfriend -- that makes the gift extra special.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results