shape
carat
color
clarity

FCD CAD assistance request

EvangelineG

Brilliant_Rock
This is such an exciting project to watch take shape! I can't wait to see the finished ring. :appl:

thecat

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I'm so glad that your project has bear fruit. Can't wait to see the completed piece!

kroshka

Brilliant_Rock
Wow! I too can't wait to see the finished piece. Love your oval FCD - the color is unique :love:

Kroshka

petit_bijou

Shiny_Rock
:appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl:

Oh, Chrono it's going to be such a showstopper!!! It's incredible already - I can't wait to see it on your hand!

LoversKites

Brilliant_Rock
Only saw this now Chrono! Well done :appl:

maccers

Brilliant_Rock
....taps foot....

Time moves so slowly when I'm waiting for Chrono's ring to be finished!

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh wow! That's so cool and special! :clap:

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Starzin,
You know my personality; I'm not the type to settle. ;)) This is why it takes me forever to decide on a setting. I like to feel as though it is money well spent as I dislike spending $$$ only to realize that it's too blingy, too plain, too this or too that for me and then never wear it or have to sell it later. I'm a forever kind of person. It's a modern tiara. :cheeky: Out with the old and in with the new!

Freke,
Yes, I am a stubborn old person so I stuck to my guns with the coloured metal. I've been such a PITA with this project that I wouldn't be surprised that JJ would never want to work with me again. :bigsmile:

Pregcurious,
Glad you approve. :praise:

Evangeline and TheCat,
Thank you for following the trials and tribulations of this project.

Kroshka,
The oval FCD is my most prized FCD. It makes me smile every time I look at it even though I'm not a pink person.

Petit Bijou, LK and AsscherHaloL,
Thank you for the kind words.

Maccers,
Trust me, I'm impatient to get and wear the ring too. Another week or so!

kroshka

Brilliant_Rock
Chrono - the stones, the design process, and all the love and thought that have been put into this from you and the pricescope collective - it's just beautiful. Forgive me if I missed it somewhere in the thread or forgot, but what are the details on your lovely pink? I never used to be a big fan of pink but over the years the color has really grown on me.

Kroshka

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kroshka,
I don't recall whether I've started a thread specifically for it but the oval is a 0.27 ct GIA graded FIPP with SI2 clarity.

mariedtiger

Brilliant_Rock
I'm stunned. Graceful and beautiful. I admire your perseverance and persistence in this project. Great work.

Starzin

Brilliant_Rock
Starzin,
You know my personality; I'm not the type to settle. ;)) This is why it takes me forever to decide on a setting. I like to feel as though it is money well spent as I dislike spending $$$ only to realize that it's too blingy, too plain, too this or too that for me and then never wear it or have to sell it later. I'm a forever kind of person. It's a modern tiara. :cheeky: Out with the old and in with the new!
No, you don't settle and more power to you for your patience because what it means is, in the end you do get what you want and will love and most importantly, will wear.

In this whole exercise I've admired your ability to hold your vision and even though there was a point when it was almost "It's not coming together this time either so I'll just move it to the back-burner", we managed to fire you up again to believe it was possible this time :))

And again when the new CAD designer came on board and there were all those "realities" to face about the Russian styling, you had the ability to digest it and accept and adjust the vision when this design possibility was presented. That, I think is admirable so kudos to you :appl:

I can't wait for the carved version - it's getting to nail-biting time - and yes, you've managed to create a modern tiara ring!!

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Chrono I haven't commented because there are PAGES to wade through but I've just seen the wax you've posted and it's absolutely stunning. It reminds me of a French royal piece. Gorgeous and can't wait to see it.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ring is done and ready to be shipped!

Starzin

Brilliant_Rock
Eeeeek!!! I was thinking a little while ago of posting "chomp, chomp" as in champing at the bit :bigsmile:

Ooooh... pre pics? glamour pics? How long does the post take?

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I haven't seen anything myself and unfortunately, I have no choice but to ask JJ to ship next week since I'm on the road again this week.

Starzin

Brilliant_Rock
Chrono|1411958295|3758418 said:
I haven't seen anything myself and unfortunately, I have no choice but to ask JJ to ship next week since I'm on the road again this week.
;( ;( ;(
So sad for you having to wait.

Good reason to ask for the sneak preview/glamour shots then - they can't make you wait to get it in hand first... they just CAN'T!!

Besides - there's a hundred people on this thread waiting to see it with you :bigsmile:

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Chrono|1411957727|3758409 said:
Ring is done and ready to be shipped!

No pics of the finished ring? ;(

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I pleaded with sad puppy eyes and I think pictures are forthcoming tomorrow. I was advised though that pictures do it no justice. Be still my heart!

Starzin

Brilliant_Rock
:appl: for sad puppy eyes then! :appl:

ANY pictures will be gratefully received by all - we NEED to see this ring finished!

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have a solution .............. ask the bench to send it to me and I'll take pictures! :appl:

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The pictures are here! I suppose I ought to start a proper and separate thread on it since the design phase is well over?

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Whatever! This project already has about 6 threads! Just get the pictures up!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, Ma'am! :lol: I'll see if I can do this via cell phone. IOS8 is driving me crazy and I'm almost ready to swear off Apple products. I haven't even had a proper look at the pictures myself yet!

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That's okay - we can look at them for you. I'm with Freke. Get them posted.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Okay, here goes. I'm doing this on the fly without being able to see my own pictures properly on my iPhone. ;(

_22863.jpg

_22864.jpg

cc3.jpg

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's magnificent Chrono, an absolute masterpiece. I can't wait for hand shots. Congratulations!!!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Chrono|1412186423|3759958 said:
Yes, Ma'am! :lol: I'll see if I can do this via cell phone. IOS8 is driving me crazy and I'm almost ready to swear off Apple products. I haven't even had a proper look at the pictures myself yet!
iOS8 sucks, doesn't it?

It looks lovely! When do you get it? What do you think?

sunnybunny

Rough_Rock
I've been following this thread the whole time and wow :love: your ring is gorgeous!! Congrats!

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Absolutely stunning. It's a work of art. Fantastic design and craftmanship.

Oh and I agree about IOS8 - grrrrrrrrrrr.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results