shape
carat
color
clarity

so close to the end! come advise!

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
and this - I have a green/blue tourmaline size is 10x7.5 in this design as well, love the look and super comfy to wear. Tab prongs I was talking about and a decorative no diamond basket.

hunttabchannel.jpg

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Tab prongs is a great idea!

kimpnoth

Rough_Rock
Rose Gold I believe the Australians and British use 9 ct as the rule, with 18 the exception. In the US, 14 ct is the rule, with 18 an equally available option. The lower the ct the more coppery colored the gold will be.

MrsCornishWed

Shiny_Rock
That's interesting to know kimpnoth. so I'm looking for 18 ct then. .

I like those tab prongs! really interesting! thank you for sharing. . something else to consider!

MrsCornishWed

Shiny_Rock
That's interesting to know kimpnoth. so I'm looking for 18 ct then. .

I like those tab prongs! really interesting! thank you for sharing. . something else to consider!

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
MrsCornishWed|1412176597|3759855 said:
LD, Id love to know more. I wish PS had a PM feature.
The cornish jewellers I bought my tanz eternity ring from, im currently in contact with them on another matter and I have to say so far im pleased with their customer service. Stupid question alert, but even if they get their patent sorted, does that restrict me asking the jeweller i use for most of my bits and bobs to source cornish tin and use in the same way as they are? or does it just restrict said jeweller from advertising it as a service?

It's fine to say because I'm not associated with them in any way. I have simply used them to create a number of very lovely pieces. The name of the jewellers is awful unfortunately but doesn't reflect the gorgeous work they do! You need to speak with Luke at DiamondGeezer. If you do an internet search you'll find them. Unfortunately "LD" won't mean a thing to him but he might work it out if you explain that we "met" on here! lol

MrsCornishWed

Shiny_Rock
diamond geezer. . ha! I just laught out loud! off to Google!

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here's two of the rings they made for me (and one with the CAD which is a chameleon diamond - he probably hasn't set many of them so it's a good identifier!). If you show them these, they'll know who has recommended you and you may get mates rates!

diamond_asscher_9.jpg

chameleon_final_cad1.jpg

diamond_chameleon4.jpg

S

SparkliesLuver

MrsCornishWed, I'm so ecstatic for you that you've found a replacement! :appl: Can't wait to hear how you make it your own. :D

MrsCornishWed

Shiny_Rock
Oh god I hope so too..I am refusing to believe that it won't be the one when it gets here. .If I get one more disappointing parcel I'm going to cry!!

I will spam this thread with a thousand pictures when it gets here I promise.*

*with my crappy samsung phone

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Charge the camera/phone now! :devil:

MrsCornishWed

Shiny_Rock
Lol chrono! I'd love to know how photograph things better.. my s4 probably isn't that great! I'll do my best. mind you from what I read here coloured gems are notoriously hard to capture!

MrsCornishWed

Shiny_Rock
Btw LD ..*dribble* .. beautiful rings.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
DandT|1412189595|3760008 said:
you asked about a semi bezel? I think it would look stunning with this... if set E/W... but not sure how you "untraditional" you'd like a setting to be?
http://www.iorio.com/custom/ring/ring-tanzanite.html

On a 1.33 carat tourmaline, I'm afraid a thick bezel like that would overwhelm the stone with too much metal.

MrsCornishWed

Shiny_Rock
dandt I love that! But I think e-w will not work for my extremely chubby fingers... I can see how lovely a half bezel is though, but it would definitely have to be more dainty I think.

I'd like to have as much of the stone on show as possible, instead of it being hidden by a busy basket. . is that possible? its such a lovely cut and colour (imo!)

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
MrsCornishWed|1412190465|3760024 said:
dandt I love that! But I think e-w will not work for my extremely chubby fingers... I can see how lovely a half bezel is though, but it would definitely have to be more dainty I think.

I'd like to have as much of the stone on show as possible, instead of it being hidden by a busy basket. . is that possible? its such a lovely cut and colour (imo!)

Since it is a light toned stone, I don't think a busy or heavy basket will take away from your gem, but deepen the color a bit and enhance the facet pattern. For example, I was looking into this setting for a light toned emerald cut greenish blue cuprian tourmaline of mine. It's not a light and airy ring, but I think if I prong set it in here, in rose gold, it will pop. I would not bezel it in here however.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1920s-DIAMOND-MOUNTING-VINTAGE-ENGAGEMENT-RING-7X5-EMERALD-CUT-RADIANT-SETTING-/171475781852?pt=Diamond_Solitaire_Rings&hash=item27ecc0c8dc

MrsCornishWed

Shiny_Rock
ohh no, not for me sorry! I like sleek and smooth. I adore vintage/ antique rings but they don't suit me at all.. so many options though. Thank you so much for all the suggestions so far guys. I'm buzzing!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
MrsCornishWed|1412192572|3760052 said:
ohh no, not for me sorry! I like sleek and smooth. I adore vintage/ antique rings but they don't suit me at all.. so many options though. Thank you so much for all the suggestions so far guys. I'm buzzing!

That's fine, but I don't think you should shy away from a heavy gallery, even if it's smooth and sleek. That was just the point I was trying to make. For dark toned stones, many of us often say, "get a light airy basket," but you have a stone that would actually benefit from a heavy basket, even if its more modern and simple.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
TL, correct me if I'm wrong, but you are saying a filligree type basket is better for this stone?
Mrs., you can go with a plain shank but have the basket have some sort of metal decoration that will help bring out the colour of the gem better.

MrsCornishWed

Shiny_Rock
Yes sorry, I can understand what you are saying, and I think you are right.. I can see that too much light coming through might wash the colour out even with the right colour gold.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Chrono|1412193061|3760059 said:
TL, correct me if I'm wrong, but you are saying a filligree type basket is better for this stone?
Mrs., you can go with a plain shank but have the basket have some sort of metal decoration that will help bring out the colour of the gem better.

Not necessarily a filligree basket, but any kind of heavy gallery or basket. A modern looking basket would work too, if it was heavier. So for example, even something like this would work, but just imagine prongs instead of a bezel, and the side stones don't have to be there, although I would love some baguettes set in a vertical telescoping manner, like Camilla Parker Bowles e-ring.

tst-6011-em-bw_1_.jpg

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here's another sleek and clean heavier gallery example.

file.jpg

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That looks like the standard basket to me.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Chrono|1412194723|3760085 said:
That looks like the standard basket to me.

Yes, but some are really thin and delicate though like this. I would advise against this. I know it's a pendant, but some rings are like this, or some emerald cuts sit in light airy four prong settings.

36-301white_1_.jpg

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
How does the stone look in person?

MrsCornishWed

Shiny_Rock
I'm expecting it later next week I think. keep you posted!

nice tax refund from HMRC this morning will help with ushering this project along!

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
LD, that chameleon diamond is lovely.

TL. is that a green tsav? Is that your ring? I like the proportions of the steps in the gallery.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
pregcurious|1412340561|3761289 said:
LD, that chameleon diamond is lovely.

TL. is that a green tsav? Is that your ring? I like the proportions of the steps in the gallery.

Yes, that is a tsavorite, and no, not my ring, but Tsavvy's ring made by Leon, and I think the stone is from Swala.

[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/leon-mege-art-deco-esque-ring-with-ec-tsavorite-trapezoids.131062/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/leon-mege-art-deco-esque-ring-with-ec-tsavorite-trapezoids.131062/[/URL]

MrsCornishWed

Shiny_Rock
Ok excuse the crappy biro drawing.. and the fact it's on a leaflet. ..was doodling at lunch today and this is kind of what I was thinking..

does it make any sense? thoughts?

20141003_183448.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results