shape
carat
color
clarity

setting for my princess studs

q8girl

Rough_Rock
Hi All,
I have finally made up my mind to get a princess stud of 2 ctw. I need some help regarding its setting. There are 2 options available to me - 4 prong martini setting or the 4 prong basket setting? Which do you suggest?
Thanks !!

ArdenJewelers

Rough_Rock
Trade
Those sound like they are going to be stunning studs. :) I would go with the 4 prong martini setting from a style perspective. You should be fine either way though, if your main concern is security. Also, if they offer threaded screw backs, I would recommend you get them for added security.

Good luck.

heididdl

Ideal_Rock
sorry I hated my screw backs mine are martini with friction and i have rubber stopper just my opinion

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your studs will be gorgeous. :appl: I think either setting would look great but I also would vote for friction back studs - I really hate screw backs.

ArdenJewelers

Rough_Rock
Trade
Yeah, screw backs definitely aren't for everyone. With such valuable stones, I always like to recommend the most secure option possible, but you also have to like wearing them. :)

Another good option you might want to consider is La Pousette backs.

q8girl

Rough_Rock
Thank you all for your replies. Sorry for the obscenely late reply from my behalf. The project was shelved till the beginning of this month and this is going to be my gift for 4th marriage anniversary :dance: :love:
Good news is that it has been ordered now and I am dying to lay my hands on it.
Finally ordered a four prong martini setting with screw backs in the setting department. The stones are 90 cents each , I color, SI1 clarity, very good cut (as per blue nile).
I have never ordered anything below H color so I am a little sceptical about how warm the stone is going to be.
So fingers crossed.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results