shape
carat
color
clarity

Planetary Gems - dreadful customer service.

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I asked a simple question of this vendor - showing them 2 of their gems and asking for an opinion on the difference in colour between them and the reply I got was:

"if you want more colour, look on Ebay".

Seriously? What an incredibly offensive reply! All I wanted to know was how two of his stones compared.

I replied telling them exactly what I thought of their customer service. Simply disgraceful!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
LD|1412170973|3759776 said:
I asked a simple question of this vendor - showing them 2 of their gems and asking for an opinion on the difference in colour between them and the reply I got was:

Seriously? What an incredibly offensive reply! All I wanted to know was how two of his stones compared.

I replied telling them exactly what I thought of their customer service. Simply disgraceful!

So sorry to hear about your experience with them LD. Unfortunately, you're not the only one to suffer from their lack of customer service.

[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/experience-with-planetary-gems.147272/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/experience-with-planetary-gems.147272/[/URL]

Just be grateful, you didn't buy anything from them.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You just dodged a potentially worse experience. The experiences posted by others turned me off this vendor long ago, not just in the photography department but moreso their customer service.

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
TL|1412171466|3759787 said:
LD|1412170973|3759776 said:

So sorry to hear about your experience with them LD. Unfortunately, you're not the only one to suffer from their lack of customer service.

[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/experience-with-planetary-gems.147272/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/experience-with-planetary-gems.147272/[/URL]

Just be grateful, you didn't buy anything from them.

I didn't remember that thread TL - thanks for resurrecting it. In the past (as can be seen from that thread), I've had little or no response to my questions so it seems like nothing has changed with them! I would think I will be on their "banned" list after the email I've just sent them! :lol:

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't get why a dealer would be so rude. I guess they don't like to stay in business? Excellent customer service is the best advertisement a company can have, and I've seen some dealers go out of business for lack of or rude customer service. Thanks again for posting your experience. I would never ever consider them for a stone.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Intimidation tactic to make the typical novice stop asking questions, to just buy it and be done with it?

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
No neither would I! Interestingly hardly any of their stones have lab reports and I'm not sure they offer the service anyway. Mind you, that would assume that you would be able to communicate effectively with them! :lol:

iLander

Ideal_Rock
Wow, that was super jerky of them. :cry:

I agree with the others, you dodged a bullet there.

ilovegemstones

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sorry you had to deal with that. I am also glad you didn't spend any money there. It is so easy to be kind, I don't understand it! :confused:

Starzin

Brilliant_Rock
I remember that previous thread now and I think that these people only want Indian clients who are interested in buying the "planetary" gems as recommended by their astrologer etc. Apparently this is big business in India.

It seems any enquiry from an ordinary person is met with this sort of rude rebuff.
In the past (as can be seen from that thread), I've had little or no response to my questions so it seems like nothing has changed with them! I would think I will be on their "banned" list after the email I've just sent them! :lol:
Good!!!! Someone needs to say it. :twisted:

Marlow

Brilliant_Rock
The pics look like Ebay!

A mexican danburite for 90 pct!!! :shock:

10-20 is maximum!!!

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Did you reply "Thank you I will." lol

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
LisaRN|1412226383|3760394 said:
Did you reply "Thank you I will." lol

Not quite! :bigsmile:

Chautea

Rough_Rock
Trade
Generally speaking, pretty much all vendors selling gemstones to gullible people for "astrological good luck" or as a talisman of some kind...

Are vendors in my vast experience to stay away from.

The stones are usually of the lowest quality for the price as well, with no lab reports.

As others have said...

In this trade, customer service can make or break you.

And yes in India it is a huge business to sell gemstones for astrology. You usually have astrologers recommending gemstones to a person and than telling that person to go to a specific vendor for the best quality gemstones for astrological use for the lowest price.

The astrologer receives a commission from the vendors.

Sometimes the astrologers themselves sell the stones. Usually composites, synthetics, laser-drilled, BE, oiled and other worthless heavily treated stones for a high price.

If you are seeking gemstones for good luck of some kind, let me be your witness... It has no special magical powers. I've handled, carried and traded with some of the most top quality diamonds, rubies, sapphires, emeralds and many other gemstones...

It has never given me any sort of "good luck"...

Hard work is what you need, dedication and goal setting.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you Chautea!
Wonderful post!
I couldn't agree more.

Then again maybe you didn't have those gems properly centered on your chakras. :lol:

A sucker is born every minute.
We live in a world where people turn off their brains and fall for this or that belief for which there is no evidence or proof. :roll:
Reality and truth is just too hard for them.

Clearly this vendor makes plenty of money from those folks and don't need business from people with functioning brains.

Their nasty customer service saved everyone time.

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'll have you know that all of my chakras are aligned and functioning!

I don't do "astrological" things - especially with gemstones! Having said that, my birthstone is diamond so if anybody feels the need to give me a birthstone to try to convert me, I won't argue! :lol:

Marlow

Brilliant_Rock
Chautea and Kenny!!!

THHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNNNKKKKKKKKKKKK YYYYYYOOOOOOOUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!!K :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl:

This is ONE reason why I am not in trade!!!!

Our smaller gemshows are visited from "Ladies" waisting your time to show you Be treated sapphire rings and Rings with inclusions surrounded by diamond ( 0,005 - 0,01 ct I1-I2) or these "special" people!!! We took 5 EUR for showing us TV shopping jewelery.

They sell treated stones, radiated stones, dyed stones as healing stones!! And the people believe in it!

OreoRosies86

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am a fan of energy healing. Chakras are a great way to pinpoint and use energy, and the people who make fun of it just don't get it or understand it. So I have no problem with healers who use earth elements in their process.

Good (untreated, ethically sourced) stones can absolutely be used in healing. This seller apparently (and unfortunately) sees $$$$$$$ and nothing more. A true healer will want to lead people down the most honest path they can. Telling interested customers "Go to ebay" is negligent, rude, and dismissive.

Marlow

Brilliant_Rock
Elliot86|1412511578|3762400 said:
I am a fan of energy healing. Chakras are a great way to pinpoint and use energy, and the people who make fun of it just don't get it or understand it. So I have no problem with healers who use earth elements in their process.

Good (untreated, ethically sourced) stones can absolutely be used in healing. This seller apparently (and unfortunately) sees $$$$$$$ and nothing more. A true healer will want to lead people down the most honest path they can. Telling interested customers "Go to ebay" is negligent, rude, and dismissive.

I make "fun" of it and I don't accept that you think that these people ( ME )don't "understand" it.

To understand something means that I use MY brain.

OreoRosies86

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Marlow|1412517673|3762434 said:

I make "fun" of it and I don't accept that you think that these people ( ME )don't "understand" it.

So in your world, people that view the world differently than you don't use their brains. Not really sure to go with that. :snore:

I don't see the issue as being stones for energy healing, but rather the unscrupulous sellers behind them. Anyone who identifies as a healer or a member of the healing community would abhor such practices. Telling someone "go to Ebay" who is seeking out services is not taking the path of a healer. I'm an atheist, btw, raised very Christian. Reason and logic are not lost on me. But then neither is kindness, especially in business.

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have a really skeptical personality yet I am one of those weirdos that can feel different energy in different stones and I can successfully locate water by water divining. I make no money doing either - unfortunately there are a lot of people out there with no skills/gifts or whatever you want to call it making money from people who wish to believe anything.

Marlow

Brilliant_Rock
Elliot86 - in "my world" I want a scientific evidence.

There is no evidence that you can heal with stones so what should I understand??

In my opinion these vendors who offer "healing stones" do it course they make good money with it - in smaller gemshows the organisator need them to have enough visitors. Some of these vendor started to sell to collectors (minerals or gems) and noticed that there was a bigger demand for this stuff - they bought barrels full of cheap gravel. None of them I talked to believes in "healing with stones".

The books I read are full of mistakes ( citrine is goldtopaz so it is a topaz!! :wall: ).

No evidence, books full of mistakes and vendors laughing about their naive customers....but if they discover a new gem one of the Gurus knows the next day what it is good for....Oooooommmmmmm....

OreoRosies86

Ideal_Rock
Premium
arkieb1|1412520385|3762455 said:
I have a really skeptical personality yet I am one of those weirdos that can feel different energy in different stones and I can successfully locate water by water divining. I make no money doing either - unfortunately there are a lot of people out there with no skills/gifts or whatever you want to call it making money from people who wish to believe anything.

I totally agree. I have been able to see (very unrefind) auras around people and get intuitive "hits" on people since I was young. I give our cats Reiki. I detect energy in all kinds of things. You either get it or you don't. Not getting it or the simple fact that we are still learning about it (don't we discover new scientific phenomenons daily?) doesn't write it off as bullsh!t just because someone says so. Agree to disagree and such :lol:

The most unfortunate reality of the healing community are the frauds who do things like sell aquarium gravel for their "health benefits." :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

In reading further it seems that the owner of Planetary Gems has written off PSers altogether for asking too many questions. If he doesn't want to deal with people asking legitimate questions before they part with their money, or isn't interested in selling stones outside the Jyotish market, perhaps the internet isn't the best platform for him to utilize. If you are literally in the market of good energy, being that ego driven really isn't convincing anyone lurking threads like this to buy from him.

OreoRosies86

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, well, there you have it. Per his "Policies page":

Vade Retro CS Pricescopers

Vade retro satana ("Go back, Satan" or "Step back, Satan") is a Medieval Catholic formula for exorcism, recorded in a 1415 manuscript found in the Benedictine Metten Abbey in Bavaria and its origin is traditionally associated with the Benedictines.

Marlow

Brilliant_Rock
Elliot86|1412534969|3762545 said:

Vade retro satana ("Go back, Satan" or "Step back, Satan") is a Medieval Catholic formula for exorcism, recorded in a 1415 manuscript found in the Benedictine Metten Abbey in Bavaria and its origin is traditionally associated with the Benedictines.

You used Wikipedia - maybe interesting too

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crystal_healing

I think it is consequent that this vendor selling healing stones wants naive customers and not well informed and educated PSler.

OreoRosies86

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Marlow|1412539688|3762584 said:
Elliot86|1412534969|3762545 said:

You used Wikipedia - maybe interesting too

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crystal_healing

I think it is consequent that this vendor selling healing stones wants naive customers and not well informed and educated PSler.

EDIT: Enjoy! [URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/new-age-natural-holistic-healing-discuss.206731/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/new-age-natural-holistic-healing-discuss.206731/[/URL]

puppyguts

Shiny_Rock
yep, they suck

didn't respond to my emails for product enquiries

the only response I got was when I sent an email to see if I was maybe emailing the wrong email/person(??) and I asked if there was someone in customer service I could email, to which I got a reply : "i am customer service"

who's a girl gotta kill to buy a sapphire, face palm.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh geez, wanna buy a sapphire but they don't seem all that enthused to sell one. :(sad

kama_s

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Marlow|1412517673|3762434 said:

Given that English is clearly not your first language, perhaps you ought to re-consider your posts before hitting submit. You come across as being quite rude and obnoxious.

kama_s

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am South Asian (Indian), so very familiar with gemstone astrology. I am of the scientific mind, so I obviously do not follow any of these but it is disconcerting after everyone freaks out when I buy blue sapphire rings (apparently considered very powerful, death-inducing in those that it contradicts).

Anyways, these stones are barely cut, forget precision cut! Very raw and natural and there are a million vendors who sell at exorbitant prices. I am thankful for their poor customer service, so that at the very minimum that would discourage us from purchasing. What worries me are those that have the typical Indian charm, better watch your bank balance with them!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results