shape
carat
color
clarity

Has anyone been to Intergem in Germany?

lovemesomecolor

Rough_Rock
Hi, everyone. I am currently in Germany . Leave on Saturday. But just realized Intergem starts on Friday and Idar-Oberstein will be so close!
I was just wondering if anyone has been to that show and has any info?

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sorry, but I wish I have the time and funds to attend. I've been to Germany many times, but alas, only on business trips, not gem admiration/vacations. :(sad

lovemesomecolor

Rough_Rock
Chrono|1411955294|3758375 said:
Sorry, but I wish I have the time and funds to attend. I've been to Germany many times, but alas, only on business trips, not gem admiration/vacations. :(sad
Thanks, Chrono. I spend summers here because my fiance is German. And I realized that in the months I am normally here, they have two shows. The Munich Show, and Intergem. I wanted to make arrangements and it was too tempting. But this year I have to go back to the island earlier for one of those boring things in life.. work. :wall: I actually like my job but would be a LOT more fun to go to the show! Oh well. At least I can try and plan ahead for next year! :appl:

Last year I did some research and I went to Idar Oberstein to visit the mines and museum. But I knew so little I had no idea I was at one of the most important places for colored gems in Europe. There are a bunch of really talented fasceters there. I would really love to be able to get some rough and see the cutting process. Then get to keep the gem. A girl can dream! :twirl:

Starzin

Brilliant_Rock
So are you able to squeeze in the Intergem trip this Friday?

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm not sure how Intergem is in Europe, but in the States, it's getting to be less and less about gems, and more about clothes and fake designer purses. :knockout:

lovemesomecolor

Rough_Rock
Starzin|1412130064|3759588 said:

Sad to report that I won't be able to :cry: . I tried making plans too late. At least I know now and I am going to really try to go to both Intergem Germany and The Munich Show. In the meantime, I can start filling up the piggy bank! :Up_to_something: :naughty:

lovemesomecolor

Rough_Rock
TL|1412168668|3759752 said:
I'm not sure how Intergem is in Europe, but in the States, it's getting to be less and less about gems, and more about clothes and fake designer purses. :knockout:
That's a real shame. How on Earth does a Gem show end up being about clothes and designer purse knock offs ? :nono:

TL I am not sure and I might be wrong. But I think although they share the name they are not the same and they don't belong to the same company? When I check on Intergem.com it mentions all the shows but not the one in Germany. When I open Intergem.de it's a different logo and concept too. Apparently the Idar Oberstein is small but they are completely dedicated to colored gems. Also it's Only for members of the trade. This year I was planning to ask for a media pass (line of work) but timing ended up being just too tight. Definitely starting to plan for next year as normally I am here Jun - October.

If only I had known what I know about Idar when I spent time there last summer. Live n learn I guess.

Starzin

Brilliant_Rock
lovemesomecolor|1412206921|3760218 said:
Starzin|1412130064|3759588 said:

Sad to report that I won't be able to :cry: . I tried making plans too late. At least I know now and I am going to really try to go to both Intergem Germany and The Munich Show. In the meantime, I can start filling up the piggy bank! :Up_to_something: :naughty:
A shame you can't visit this trip but YES! more in the piggy-bank next year. Just keep that in mind when you're tempted by other things between now and then :bigsmile:

Marlow

Brilliant_Rock
Intergem in Idar-Oberstein is a smaller show - a platform for vendors and cutting factories from Idar.

I don't know whether public or trade only?

It is not interesting for me course drei weeks later Munichshow. Inhorgenta would be better for PSler but you need a contact to get a ticket if you are not in the trade. And MONEY!!!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sorry about not being able to make it this time but yes, you have one year to save up. :devil:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results