shape
carat
color
clarity

about to purchase a BG signature hearts and arrows- question

16ocean

Brilliant_Rock
Hi!
Like so many others have read so much on this forum, done a lot of looking around the internet and B&M stores and think I have found the diamond I am looking for to set in a fixed bezel pendent.
The folks at Brian Gain have been great to work with and stated the stone is eye clean from 8 inches and all angles.

However when I look at the close up picture and the aset image I can see a black inclusion at the top and some darker parts to the aset. Should I be concerned?

Sorry if this is a newbie question but I want to check in with the experts before such a large purchase.

Attached photos:
http://www.briangavindiamonds.com/files/html5-rotator/AGS-104072940004/First_frame.jpg

http://www.briangavindiamonds.com/files/diamond_images/aset/thumb/large/AGS_104072940004_ASET-2.jpg

Thanks

alpackie

Shiny_Rock
Re: about to purchase a BG signature hearts and arrows- ques

I'm no expert, just wanted to chime in that your first link is to a tiny image, and the experts will want to see the full specs. Please link the URL to the actual diamond.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock

Eyeclean at 8 inches. Hmmm. How good is your lady's eyesight?

Can you get it sent to you unset and see what you think of it yourself.

alpackie

Shiny_Rock

I think as a general rule, a lot of people like to err on the side of caution and stick with VS2 and above when purchasing stones online.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock

Nit with vendors who have pics and honest gemologists. SI1 is perfectly fine on a case basis... not all VS2s are Herculean either so you still needless and gemogists review there any way.

alpackie

Shiny_Rock

Gypsy|1412143792|3759664 said:
Nit with vendors who have pics and honest gemologists. SI1 is perfectly fine on a case basis... not all VS2s are Herculean either so you still needless and gemogists review there any way.
Must've been DF or some other regular who always espouses VS2+ ...hammering that idea into my head :lol:

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

alpackie|1412146450|3759675 said:
Gypsy|1412143792|3759664 said:
Must've been DF or some other regular who always espouses VS2+ ...hammering that idea into my head :lol:
Not me. I'm ok with any eye clean SI1 stone. They are a great value, however if you wanna play safe then by all means go with a VS stone... ;))

16ocean

Brilliant_Rock

Thanks all for your responses.
The stone will be for me (it's a big birthday coming up). I am planning to set it in a fixed bezel pendent.

I think the recommendation is to send the stone unset to me and then I can see if it is eye clean enough?
I did see the black marks and then are there dark spots on the aset and was unsure.
But because of all the positive posts I have read on this forum abt other customers who have worked with the vendor I thought asking about "eye clean" would be sufficient.

Sigh. Kind of feeling overwhelmed.
My budget is $10,500 give or take a touch for the stone. Great cut, nice white color I am a bit color sensitive (but as from what I have read on this form you can go down for earrings and necklaces), eye clean and size: 1.1 ish

Is there a stone that looks like it could be a better performer?

HappyNewLife

Ideal_Rock
Premium

call me crazy (a lot of people do), but no one will be staring that intently at your neck/chest to look for an inclusion. And when it's normal size (6-something mm), that inclusion will be tiny. I'd go for it personally ;-)

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock

Oh. I just noticed this is a pendant stone.

8 inches is fine for a pendant stone. Absolutely.

I'd buy it for a pendant stone.

I thought it was for an engagement ring

Also, Diamondseeker has a personal preference for VS2 or better. We all have personal preferences. It's natural.

16ocean

Brilliant_Rock

Thanks for the responses and the help.
Happy New Life- t-rue!
and
Gypsy- the first stone or the second I linked?

Is the second one a better performer or will they most likely be similar?

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock

Re-post them?

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock

For a pendant? The BGD stone is 7mm versus 6.7mm, which is a visual difference. But it is also $500 cheaper. Both vendors are great. There's no bad choice at all. I don't have a recommendation.

Do you really need colorless for a pendant though?

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Yes, I do have a personal preference for VS. But for others who want SI, I am fine with recommending eyeclean SI1. There are eyeclean SI1's, so I probably wouldn't buy one that is only eyeclean at 8 inches especially if it has black inclusions. But by all means look at it before having it set if you do choose it. It does have the appeal of the shallow depth which makes it face up large for its weight. Have you looked at WhiteFlash and Good Old Gold? They also have superideal cut diamonds if that is what you are searching for. Unless all your diamonds are D-E color, I would also consider G color for the pendant. It is going to face up white in an ideal cut diamond.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock

Yeah, see I keep coming back to the fact that you are looking at super ideal colorless diamonds. It doesn't make sense to me to get one with clarity that is only clean from 8 inches. It's a band balance. I would absolutely go to G color and get a completely eyeclean SI1 (from the top).

16ocean

Brilliant_Rock

Awesome!
Thank you all for your advice and recommendations.

Yes, I would totally consider a G w/ ideal cut since the diamond will face up white. This is my first diamond purchase so nope, no other stones hanging about that are D or E in color.

I found- http://www.goodoldgold.com/diamond/12583/
The ASET & DiamXray look very good to my newbie eyes, I like the size, the vendor has a great up grade and return policy and it is in my price range.

Would this be a better balance?
I am going to call tomorrow morning and ask if it is completely eye clean.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock

Absolutely. That stone is gorgeous, and a great balance. BUY IT NOW.

16ocean

Brilliant_Rock

:appl:

Thanks for helping guide me towards finding the right stone for my pendent.

Did do. I have an order number and everything.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

This is a WF ACA ? nice stone.

16ocean

Brilliant_Rock

Nope, I ended up going with a GoodOldGold superior hearts and arrows cut.
Looking forward to seeing it IRL soon!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock

Good job.
:wavey:

16ocean

Brilliant_Rock

Thanks Gypsy and to all who gave feedback on this stone. Hopefully I will have in my neck of the woods Wednesday/Thursday-ish . . . .

16ocean

Brilliant_Rock

So the stone from good old gold http://www.goodoldgold.com/diamond/12583/ arrived Thursday and I like it.

Can't see any inclusions, it's white and sparkles indoors and out and the size is not too tiny. I'm almost 5'10 so jewelry that might look dainty and nice on others kind of gets lost on me.

Before I post pictures of the stone and complete the project I want to get it appraised. I live in the SoCal/ Orange County area. Does the forum have any recommendations of appraisers?
Thanks!

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

16ocean|1412398758|3761856 said:
Nope, I ended up going with a GoodOldGold superior hearts and arrows cut.
Looking forward to seeing it IRL soon!
This is a ACA stone... ;)) not that it matters, b/c it is a beautiful stone :!: ... :love: :appl:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results