shape
carat
color
clarity

George Clooney is married...

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
Yeah, beautiful dress. From the way she dresses, kind of expected it would be really elegant -- but I'm glad it didn't have a high low hemline!

Maria D

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
swoooooonnnn - I have a serious woman crush on Ms Amal Alamuddin! Gorgeous, smart, accomplished and stylish...love her!

I love the white mini dress with flower explosion. If I had legs like hers, I'd never take that dress off. Haven't seen legs like that since my mom gave away my 1963 original Barbie - didn't think they existed in real life on women who weren't paid to saunter down a runway.

And the wedding dress - beautiful! I may actually buy a People magazine for the first time ever. (Usually I just get in the longest line at the supermarket and read it for free, then put it back).

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
She is stunning and so elegant. Love her!

That is a classy wedding. Kim and Kanye, take note.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
lambskin|1412011953|3758695 said:
How we miss Joan Rivers! I think she would say something like" She fasted so long to get into her dress that she ate her bouquet and threw it up all over herself". (Yes, I know I will keep my day job.)

Lambskin, that's a good one! :appl: :appl:

Trekkie

Brilliant_Rock
FrekeChild|1412029421|3758822 said:
tyty333|1412007468|3758647 said:
The news was reporting that one magazine was commenting that she was the better catch. Not that GC is a loser but she appearently is quite accomplished.
I agree with Georgie, he is marrying up, and is quite fortunate she chose him.
http://www.thebusinesswomanmedia.com/amal-alamuddin-marries-actor/

OMG! I was coming here to post this exact link! hahaha!

You ladies (and Kenny) are hilarious with your George comments. I'm laughing at my desk!

George Clooney is all right but tbh, I don't see what the fuss is about. I like his salt and pepper hair and his swarthy complexion but he's not exactly my dream boat.

Amal is way better looking than he is, even though she is a bit skinny for my tastes.

Doesn't matter though - I know what I like isn't exactly mainstream! :lol:

bynpupsieaaoxlu.jpg

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I do think he has good taste to marry her, and what a refreshing change from actresses/models!
But definitely disagree on the dress, and this is coming from a fellow skinny legs person. The sheath and regular dresses look good on her, but the white with red spatter dress with the wide hemline makes her legs look like toothpicks sticking out of a piece of tissue, unattractive.

I wish them many years of happiness.

Off topic, but I wonder if Lebanese people like Indian people give jewelry as wedding gifts? I'm curious what she got from her side of family.

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
part gypsy|1412266670|3760628 said:
I do think he has good taste to marry her, and what a refreshing change from actresses/models!
But definitely disagree on the dress, and this is coming from a fellow skinny legs person. The sheath and regular dresses look good on her, but the white with red spatter dress with the wide hemline makes her legs look like toothpicks sticking out of a piece of tissue, unattractive.

I wish them many years of happiness.

Off topic, but I wonder if Lebanese people like Indian people give jewelry as wedding gifts? I'm curious what she got from her side of family.

Agree -- you said what I couldn't manage to put into words. I don't think that dress did anything good for her.

Lebanese probably do what other Arabs do for wedding presents. She gave George a pair of cufflinks with his name in Arabic. I get the impression that her family isn't wildly wealthy. Looking at a couple of her outfits I kept thinking "more jewelry, more jewelry." George should give her some bling!

--- Laurie

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I also think the dress would have looked much better if the front would have been longer. It was so short.

Had it been a sheath dress in that fabric I think it would have been perfect. It would have made her legs look fantastic.

I thought I read somewhere that her parents paid for the wedding.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results