shape
carat
color
clarity

Thoughts?

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Can you refresh my memory as to the specifications you want? As of now, all I know is that you want an untreated stone. Are you open to all shapes? What is the mm size you hope to get? Budget? Time frame?

Starzin

Brilliant_Rock
In the interests of providing you information to go on with Chrono, I think the budget is preferably <$4,000 and cushion if memory serves.

No violet - and as always, as large as possible :bigsmile:

Fancygems

Brilliant_Rock
Starzin|1411955650|3758379 said:
In the interests of providing you information to go on with Chrono, I think the budget is preferably <$4,000 and cushion if memory serves.

No violet - and as always, as large as possible :bigsmile:
Hi again Starzin,
I did see the stone on mastercut gems and others and was going to ask the best price, he also has a round but has a micro window that he thinks may close up once set. I will probably have to wait until Monday to hear about the other cushions and one oval. Thank you the budget is correct!
Chrono,
I would like the stone to be more blue than purple, round or cushion is preference, but as you know I have considered oval as well as I know shape takes a back seat. I have also opened up to heat only so I am doing my best to be flexible:) thanks ladies

Starzin

Brilliant_Rock
Good-oh on following up with Dana then. I didn't look at the rounds because I thought you specifically didn't want round. Good to know it's a possibility then.

Fancygems

Brilliant_Rock
Starzin|1411960662|3758451 said:
Good-oh on following up with Dana then. I didn't look at the rounds because I thought you specifically didn't want round. Good to know it's a possibility then.
Starzin,
I am becoming less picky by the day:)

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Starzin

Brilliant_Rock
Sooo... I've found a couple as well.

The first is similar in colour and size to the first one Chrono posted and though a little more expensive, it doesn't seem to have any cut issues and is also unheated.
http://www.allsapphires.com/page-2/003b-3-475ct/#cc-m-product-9171705171

There is another which is heated but a gorgeous colour and seems to have a ginormous window. It may also have some banding but it's difficult to tell at the angle of the photos and they haven't provided an upside down photo of this one.
http://www.allsapphires.com/peach-page-5/934b/#cc-m-product-9026820771

You could ask for on hand and upside down photos and depth and ask all the questions - window, eye clean, banding etc

The REAL sapphire eye candy is over at All That Glitters - atggems.com but better rob a bank before you go!!! :shock: I had a quick look (2 pages, link at bottom to second page) and there might be a couple for you. In particular if you were looking at a 6mm round, there are two pairs - one on each page. Ring and pendant to match? The price per carat is higher if you only want one of the pair.

Also have a look at Mineral Miners - though my first choice there is already sold.

Fancygems

Brilliant_Rock
Chrono|1412048313|3759006 said:
Chrono,
Than you for your suggestions! The first one would need a recut so does this pose to much risk? Loss of color? Would u purchase a stone for a recut? I won't consider the stone with the bow tie. The gem trader round I know I posted about the zoning concerns. I really like the small cushion from Brad, but hesitated due to size. I saw the etsy but crown looks like it may be flat.

Starzin,
I love the color of the heated stone more than the unheated stones, too bad about the window again a recut. Thanks!
Haven't heard back from vendors yet.

Starzin

Brilliant_Rock
I would ask for further photos/video of the All Sapphires one I posted because typically, most gems are slightly darker IRL and you may be surprised - or not :))

Starzin

Brilliant_Rock
All from Jeff Davies-

Bit of a bowtie but good cut, size, colour and price
http://www.ebay.com/itm/CERTIFIED-2...6231?pt=Loose_Gemstones_1&hash=item4adaf62c77

Less of a bowtie but might be too small
http://www.ebay.com/itm/CERTIFIED-1...9574?pt=Loose_Gemstones_1&hash=item4ad9a1f426

Too violet?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/CERTIFIED-U...5639?pt=Loose_Gemstones_1&hash=item5668acb1d7

It would be worth reaching out to Jeff to see if he can access something for you. This one is on his website but I haven't registered so don't know the price. Be aware that he's in Thailand or Sri Lanka rather than the US
http://jefferydavies.com/inventory/product/141-sapphire-2-69ct

Fancygems

Brilliant_Rock
Hi again Starzin and Chrono :wavey:
I found a stone!!! The size looks very elegant I popped it in my hand forged rose gold setting to demonstrate how the color pops in the warm gold :appl: the color and shape are so lovely and no inclusions :love: I just need to have the jeweler recreate the basket so the stone can be set NS Thank you very much for your help, now i would like to find a rose gold band to sit next to it with alternating diamonds and blue sapphires. Thanks again ladies for being such a fantastic resource to this forum.

_22977.jpg

_22978.jpg

_22979.jpg

_22980.jpg

Starzin

Brilliant_Rock
So pleased you found the one that speaks to you - and a very pretty blue it is! :appl:

Congratulations Fancygems - your stone was out there and you persevered until you found it. The basket shouldn't be too much of a problem... are you going to have side stones or halo?

As for helping... it's what we do here (hopefully) :))

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's beautiful! Congrats on finding the right blue sapphire; you did a great job. :appl:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results