shape
carat
color
clarity

Vent/Rage of the day thread

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
can I come for dinner?!

i hate smirking on an adult much less on a kid........

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
movie zombie|1411666218|3756932 said:
can I come for dinner?!

i hate smirking on an adult much less on a kid........

Please!

I've got an 18 pound brisket in the oven and it smells delicious with the entire bottle of merlot it is cooking in :lickout:
I'm about to get three heads of garlic ready to slow caramelize in a couple of sticks of butter to go in the mashed Yukon golds. The carrots I'll do again in a lemon/honey glaze.
My challah is rising beautifully -- with saffron, brandy, and golden raisins -- to be filled with apples & cinnamon before twisting and baking.
Green beans in aged balsamic with nutmeg.

Debating on doing an apple crisp for dessert or poached pears or maybe just icecream.

Oh! I got a 40 pound box of honeycrisp apples (local) to slice up and dip in the yummy raw honey i found (also local).

I'm trying desperately to focus on the food and the holiday and just ignore the drama. DH is doing the same. Thankfully, both are still in bed so it is quiet for now. "A" does all of the ritual stuff perfectly when she wants to (in public) so no one else has seen her do this stuff. All of her dinner games and other stuff is something saved just for us. She'll do little things in public but the sort of thing you would not get if you hadn't seen the rest. So most of our friends think she is just super sweet, smart, talented, etc. Just a couple know what things are like at home. I have been going slowly crazy with no where to say "Gahhhhhhh!"

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
wow, that is some menu!
I can smell your kitchen all the way here....and it is driving me crazy!
I vote for simple desert: either just the ice cream [vanilla, of course] and/or sliced apples with that local honey.

ok, the good news: "A" acts out at home but knows better than to do it in public.
the bad news: she's driving you crazy.
can you hand her off to another relative for part of the holidays?

wouldn't it be grand if there was a place to drop kids to celebrate these holidays with older no nonsense yet loving grandparent age care givers? even for just a few hours or for part of the holiday? i'm betting there are many that would pay for this service.......

dang, I can taste that challah!

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I hate ios8. :angryfire:

chemgirl

Ideal_Rock
I had the worst morning on Thursday.

I had a doctor's appointment at 9:00 so I wanted to get into work early. I was leaving the house at 7:30 when the unlock button on my keyfob wouldn't work. The lock button and trunk release work fine. This car is 5 months old. I had to use the manual key which set off the alarm
Neighbors came out in their pj's. Not a good start to the morning.

I finally get the alarm deactivated and head in to work. A male colleague who is very cute has questions for me (i'm happily married so while it doesn't matter I still act like a dork around him, awkward nerd girl here). I make my coffee and he follows me to my office. I bend to sit down and there's a loud ripping noise. My pants split
Its an epic split. A good 6 inches and not on a seam, but mid cheek! My pink underwear with purple stars in plain view.

I left immediately and of course set off the car alarm again.

Great morning.

At least the trip to the doctor went well. That's the important part. Perspective!

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This IOS8 is really ticking me off.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Miserable day. In fact, so awful I ended up using a rude gesture while driving for the first time ever...

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've amassed 105 paper savings bonds from way back when, and today I decided to enter them into the "new" savings bond calculator. I'd entered them all into the old calculator years ago, but hadn't been able to transfer that data onto the new calculator. So today I sat down and did it... entered 105 12-digit serial numbers and the corresponding 6-digit issue dates. It was actually kind of fun, because it gives you a running total of your initial investment and current redemption value :love: as you go. So I finished entering the 105 bonds, thinking how neat this savings bond calculation tool is, and when I finish entering all of the data, I see there's a quick little survey... how would you rate this tool?

THIS TOOL IS GREAT! I GIVE IT AN "EXCELLENT!"

Then I realized that the survey opens on the same page. And that because the instructions *looked* slightly complex, and I hadn't yet figured out the *perfect* place to save the file, I was waiting until I had finished all my entries to figure that out and save the file. :whistle: And that my completed savings bond calculator, with its 105 entries, was no more. :wall: :evil:

So I'm now about 1/5 of the way through re-entering my 105 paper savings bonds into the savings bond calculator. Auto entry is helping to speed the process, though just a bit. That time savings is almost offset by my frequent file saves. :rolleyes:

And the next time I take that little survey, I'll be rating this tool SOMETHING LESS THAN EXCELLENT! :mrgreen:

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
How frustrating VRBeauty! I hate it when I go out of my way to be nice and end up getting screwed in the in.
(It's happened more than once!)

Amber St. Clare

Brilliant_Rock
My vent: I ordered Game of Thrones dvds from Amazon -- the first three seasons. So the last two discs on the last season are defective and I am having a bitch of a time getting a replacement. Last time I checked I am SUPPOSED to get replacements on Friday, but I'll believe it when I see it.

also--Mr. St. Clare has been out of work for several months and has been hanging around the house and HAS BEEN DRIVING ME CRAZY {interfering with my old film noir viewing}.

yeah, I know--first world problems.

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wasn't going to vent, which is why I didn't respond to a certain reply to my post in another thread, but this vent/rage of the day thread just happen to catch my eye on hangout. :Up_to_something:

I'm shy about posting - I'm not the savviest wrt diamonds. But seriously, when I posted something as a jewelry suggestion, did the OP really have to go "ewww..."? Sorry it's "eww..." but I suggested it because I like it, AND I own it to boot!

And if liaerfbv sees this, thank you for checking the OP :)

JaneSmith

Brilliant_Rock
red carapaced bugs
ate all the gorgeous lillies
the hate is flowing

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
JaneSmith|1412823019|3764649 said:
red carapaced bugs
ate all the gorgeous lillies
the hate is flowing

I see what you did there. :bigsmile:

Hope your day/week gets better.

Kelinas

Shiny_Rock
Rant of my year? Of my life?
The last 30 days have been hell - dog almost died.
Dhs grandfather passed
My dear grandmother passed.
My Korean family is torn to a million pieces because of greed, deception and hate.
Then to add the icing on the cake-
DH came home last night and just straight asked me for a divorce.

Yea, f*ck 2014

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kelinas|1412832865|3764708 said:
Dhs grandfather passed
My Korean family is torn to a million pieces because of greed, deception and hate.

Yea, f*ck 2014

Kelinas - I'm so sorry. :blackeye:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
VRBeauty|1412838093|3764731 said:
Kelinas|1412832865|3764708 said:
Dhs grandfather passed

Yea, f*ck 2014

Kelinas - I'm so sorry. :blackeye:

Oh Kelinas, I am so sorry. I wish there was more we could do than just add words of support. Sincere offer, if you are ever in my area please do not hesitate to contact me. And if there is anything at all I can do please let me know. Sending you (((hugs))) and good vibes.

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
kelinas, i'm so very sorry all this has happened......vent as often and as much as you are comfortable. this is the place for it.

Kelinas

Shiny_Rock
He just straight asked
And I'm just too tired to fight
So I agreed
And suddenly, he doesn't want one anymore.
He's asking why I'm emotionless.
I'm over it all.

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
you've got a lot of stress and emotionally you can't handle more.
that is why you seem "emotionless"....you've got so much going on re feelings that your body/mind is dealing with it by just surrendering.
nothing wrong with that.
it is all part of the flight or fight syndrome.
any chance you can find someone to talk with that is not a relative, not involved in any of this, and a trained professional as well?
sometimes it is just good to get it all out on the table and you've taken a first step here in this thread.
time to put you first.

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh man, {{{hugs}}} Kelinas

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I second talking to a professional kelinas. I don't know the
Back story but sounds like you are overwhelmed. Do you think he could have brought up divorce to see what your reaction would be?

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Why can't people be responsible? If they volunteered to do something then do it. Don't put it off till the last
Minute then put everyone else in a bind by saying you can't do it.

Oh yeh, I hate drama...in case I havent mentioned it.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kelinas, I am so sorry you are having to deal with all of this.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kelinas, Big hugs!

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks, Mom.

Can't take the time to let me know about Grandma's biopsy (or the results) or even to let me know that Grandma is going in for surgery in just over a week. No phone call when a family member dies. No "happy anniversary" (our 1st anniversary is a week away). Heck, not even a "congratulations" when we got married. (fwiw, my family likes my DH as much or more than they do me so it isn't that I picked someone they disapproved of)

But get a single phone call about a past due loan payment and THAT is worthy of immediate contact. Yeah. Fine. DH is out of work and we are re-shuffling and trying to get by until he either has a product selling or is hired. Whichever comes first. He has been working 12-16 hour days since July. Every day of the week. Trying to get this thing ready to sell. I've been updating his resume, sending it all over the place, e-mailing various places, and setting up job interviews for him (as him since it is e-mail! -- so that he can focus on getting the other thing done that I don't know how to do). He had TWO interviews yesterday with another today. Setting up a second interview for one of the positions for next week.

Oh.... and while we're at it -- I'm fine! Thanks for asking, Mom!
We are trying to pay a mortgage and everything else..... You know that little thing you decided to just quit paying and walk away from? Yeah. That.

And while you are living in a TRUCK in your parents' driveway while they pay for groceries and everything else, we have RESPONSIBILITIES that we aren't ignoring. So the next time you're eating dinner out on the way to (yet another) expensive evening out with your EX-husband just remember that I'm sitting at home trying to figure out where to cut another $5 here and $10 there from our monthly budget and taking little odd jobs for a few $$ to help fill the gap.

But that's okay.
Just because you were FORCLOSED on and filed BANKRUPTCY doesn't mean that your credit (that had been over 710 until you and your EX-husband decided to buy motorcycles and RVs and weekends away... all on high interest credit cards.... that you're NOT PAYING!) should have the awful smudge of a late payment :rolleyes:

And, so long as we're at it, thanks a lot for not helping with my college. Forcing me into moving out where I got to work full time to scrape by until I could finally get some grant money to help with school (and an amazing, supportive DH who has been helping with the expense and making my schooling a priority) by which time I had forgotten most of the pathetic excuse they called "math" I had learned and had to take an entire YEAR of stuff that should have been done in high school. Yeah.. thanks for making sure I didn't take that foreign language I wanted and got pulled out of the honors program. Sure kept me from getting overwhelmed :angryfire:

You've made a great example for me. Have a big decision to make or not sure what to do in a situation? "What would Mom do?" Then DON'T do that.

And with that, I am going to take my cup of tea and a good book (yeah, Mom, I still read books despite your attempts to break me of that dirty habit) and try to get some sleep.

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
More hugs Kelinas, perhaps you and your husband need to talk go and to someone. If this is not possible then we are all here for you.

ksinger

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OK...I have NEVER done this before because I'm a pretty private person, but I'm feeling quite rant-y for some reason, so here goes.

A month ago I had (in the middle of the freaking night naturally) what appeared on the surface to be a stroke - right arm/right leg all uncoordinated, balance shot to hell, speech OK, but I was FREAKED. Go to the ER where the first doc looks at me like I'm cleary a middle-aged, overweight GOMER (*get out of my ER) which irritated my mightily. They ran a CT that came back clear for TIA or stroke AND I did get some better while I was there. They sent me home with the "likely TIA-take an aspirin, see a stroke doc Monday" litany. Next day I was about 80%, then I got worse again, and went up and down for a week. Long story short, it has taken a full MONTH for me to get full function back (coordination/balance/blinding fatigue, my GP and neuro say no to the stroke idea, neuro is lovely but over her head I fear at this point - she thought it was untreated migraines (yeah, who knew? I didn't even know I had 'em) - is currently stumped, I've lost a week of work WITHOUT PAY, my GP called late last Friday and barked that the radiologist had found a "spot" (2 lesions actually) in my brain, and so we're going to have to re-do the MRI with contrast (yay.) and my neuro will soon be AWOL (long vacay home to India) and I can't get in with anyone with any serious expertise in reading brain-al stuff on old ladies until a year from next week(exaggeration, but not by much).

So, the way the medical profession is dismissive of women, particularly us middle-aged ones: rant. There are the stellar exceptions, but the more general not-so-stellar state of OKlahoma medicine: rant. The fact that I have to have another stinking MRI: rant. The fact that I still am not "right" and I know it: rant. And finally, the fact that I still have ZERO idea (well, I have my suspicions, but as I'm fond of reminding myself, my spidey-sense don't make me no doc) what happened to me, or if it will happen again: RANT.

OreoRosies86

Ideal_Rock
Premium
ksinger|1412947051|3765358 said:
OK...I have NEVER done this before because I'm a pretty private person, but I'm feeling quite rant-y for some reason, so here goes.

A month ago I had (in the middle of the freaking night naturally) what appeared on the surface to be a stroke - right arm/right leg all uncoordinated, balance shot to hell, speech OK, but I was FREAKED. Go to the ER where the first doc looks at me like I'm cleary a middle-aged, overweight GOMER (*get out of my ER) which irritated my mightily. They ran a CT that came back clear for TIA or stroke AND I did get some better while I was there. They sent me home with the "likely TIA-take an aspirin, see a stroke doc Monday" litany. Next day I was about 80%, then I got worse again, and went up and down for a week. Long story short, it has taken a full MONTH for me to get full function back (coordination/balance/blinding fatigue, my GP and neuro say no to the stroke idea, neuro is lovely but over her head I fear at this point - she thought it was untreated migraines (yeah, who knew? I didn't even know I had 'em) - is currently stumped, I've lost a week of work WITHOUT PAY, my GP called late last Friday and barked that the radiologist had found a "spot" (2 lesions actually) in my brain, and so we're going to have to re-do the MRI with contrast (yay.) and my neuro will soon be AWOL (long vacay home to India) and I can't get in with anyone with any serious expertise in reading brain-al stuff on old ladies until a year from next week(exaggeration, but not by much).

So, the way the medical profession is dismissive of women, particularly us middle-aged ones: rant. There are the stellar exceptions, but the more general not-so-stellar state of OKlahoma medicine: rant. The fact that I have to have another stinking MRI: rant. The fact that I still am not "right" and I know it: rant. And finally, the fact that I still have ZERO idea (well, I have my suspicions, but as I'm fond of reminding myself, my spidey-sense don't make me no doc) what happened to me, or if it will happen again: RANT.

Ksinger, call it a hunch, but have you been checked for blood clots in the brain? Clots often go undetected after stroke symptoms because there are so many other things that can cause temporary loss of balance and feeling. I would raise hell about being checked for clots if you haven't already.

ksinger

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Elliot86|1412948540|3765367 said:
ksinger|1412947051|3765358 said:

Ksinger, call it a hunch, but have you been checked for blood clots in the brain? Clots often go undetected after stroke symptoms because there are so many other things that can cause temporary loss of balance and feeling. I would raise hell about being checked for clots if you haven't already.

No, but I had the CT head/neck with contrast at the time, and it was clean as a whisle. I also have no real stroke risk factors, nor clotting problems in the past, plus every neuro exam from cursory to extensive has been pretty normal, even when I was in the ER (of course no one had me actually WALK while I was there either - the ataxia was pretty darn pronounced from MY perspective). Besides, I'm not entirely sure how well a clot would hold up now that a month has passed. And that has been another thing, getting the MRI(s) has been a somewhat leisurely process, and I'm not convinced now that we will see what there may have been to be seen back when it all happened. It took a good while to get feeling remotely normal - this whole thing kind of comes and goes now, better in the AM, worse in the PM. And the exhaustion just comes down like a load of concrete.

smitcompton

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi,

I hesitate to offer a suggestion because what we personally have experienced may have no bearing on what you have. My first symptom
was loss of balance. Then my legs felt numb and then my arms. However, it was both sides of my body. I was exhausted all the time, but felt better in the morning. I had a vitamin B12 deficiency that is called pernicious anemia. It is a special blood test that you need, not costly, but not part of the reg. blood test. Throw it out to the Dr.s.

I have never been treated well by emergency rooms. The staff are quite detached. It seems preposterous to have to wait so long to get medical appointments. I don't know what those Dr.s are thinking. Neurologists are the worst.

I hope you get a diagnosis soon and it is a minor thing.

Annette

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results