shape
carat
color
clarity

Should I buy it?

Lila_grace

Rough_Rock
Hi all,

Looking for some sound advice on a diamond I'm nearly ready to purchase. As background it's sort of my "upgrade" since my original set (which I am still very happy with" is 14k and the nickel content has been really botching me post babies. So strange. So the stone in that set is .75 princess cut I color SI2 ....I've always been happy with it. Sparkly enough for my taste and never noticed an inclusion or thought it looked very "yellow".

So this is the stone I'm thinking of getting set in Platinum to prevent the nickel allergy. It's a better color and I'm assuming cut...supposedly lower in inclusions but my previous stone wasn't rated by the GIA so who knows if it's really SI2. From the pictures it appears to be of a similar to what I've been happy with so far. The only concern I have is if the inclusions could cause problems with the stones integrity. I see the crystals which don't bother me.

Also is there something else I'm not consider that u guys see as a red flag?

http://www.jamesallen.com/loose-diamonds/round-cut/2.22-carat-h-color-i1-clarity-excellent-cut-sku-350995

dawnxcui

Shiny_Rock
Lila_grace|1412104229|3759322 said:
Hi all,

Looking for some sound advice on a diamond I'm nearly ready to purchase. As background it's sort of my "upgrade" since my original set (which I am still very happy with" is 14k and the nickel content has been really botching me post babies. So strange. So the stone in that set is .75 princess cut I color SI2 ....I've always been happy with it. Sparkly enough for my taste and never noticed an inclusion or thought it looked very "yellow".

So this is the stone I'm thinking of getting set in Platinum to prevent the nickel allergy. It's a better color and I'm assuming cut...supposedly lower in inclusions but my previous stone wasn't rated by the GIA so who knows if it's really SI2. From the pictures it appears to be of a similar to what I've been happy with so far. The only concern I have is if the inclusions could cause problems with the stones integrity. I see the crystals which don't bother me.

Also is there something else I'm not consider that u guys see as a red flag?

http://www.jamesallen.com/loose-diamonds/round-cut/2.22-carat-h-color-i1-clarity-excellent-cut-sku-350995
any sort of impurity will affect the integrity of the crystals....if you go back to the days when you studied chemistry...diamond is the strongest substance in the world because of that strong bond carbon molecules make...impurities are the "improper" bonds that are being formed.

however since the impurities are inside the diamond, it will cause less of an integrity issue as opposed to if they were on the edges of the diamond where if you accidentally hit/bang the corner of the diamond on something it might crack.

may i ask what your budget for the diamond is since i cant see the price of this diamond on the website.

personally i would never get a diamond that is not eye clean and i think most people would back me on that point. are you just looking to spend the least amount of money to get the whitest looking diamond disregarding the clarity of it?

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am not an expert by any means, but I actually think those crystals are kind of cool. They are light, and look interesting. If they were black specs I'd be more bothered, but I think its neat.

Lila_grace

Rough_Rock
My price range is 9,500 ish....and mostly I was hoping to go bigger and whiter. So this stone seemed to fit that and I also thought since the inclusions weren't dark, while they might not be eye clean, they probably wouldn't be glaringly obvious like a dark speck.

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This stone looks hazy to me.

ariel144

Ideal_Rock
For the price I think it is a nice I1 stone and triple EX graded. Ask the gemologist if it looks hazy in person. But the only way you can tell if you like it is to see it in person. I would ask them to put it on hold while you are deciding though.

I like the smaller table as well. Could be a nice large stone for your budget.

I just read a lengthy article on inclusions affecting the integrity of the stone and basically the expert cutters were saying that if the stone makes it past the mining and cutting with all that pressure, the stone has surpassed most pressure tests and there should be no problem with it holding up under setting and resetting. You can google and search for that thread.

Good luck on your search. Have you checked other vendors?

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
JulieN|1412126591|3759550 said:
This stone looks hazy to me.
Yup.

We aren't who you should be talking to. It's the gemologist at JA. And what you need to ask them is: does the clarity of the stone impact the performance and light return negatively.

They will be honest with you. If the answer is NO. Great. If the answer is Yes, then IMO it's a pass.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results