shape
carat
color
clarity

Who preordered the iPhone6/6+

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
My DH has had his 6+ since last Friday. It's obnoxiously large and I certainly don't want it as a hand-me-down when he upgrades next time. He seems pleased with it though, so I guess that's all that matters. I saw a a 6 yesterday in person and although it was larger than my current phone (IPhone 5), the size was manageable.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
my new case!
H

imageuploadedbytapatalk1411489839.jpg

imageuploadedbytapatalk1411489876.jpg

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Everyone with a iPhone 6 plus might want to look into bendgate.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I see people online are having problems with the new phones bending.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Longer phone.
Thinner phone.

Whoda thunk the laws of physics would apply to apple. :wall:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
People who carry iPhones (or any non-flip) with no case are likely to eventually have some kind of problem. I can't imagine having a phone that expensive without a good case. I use Otterbox, and I am quite sure my phone can't bend!

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
No kidding. It's aluminum, yes, it will bend! I just don't "get" not using a case. It's a freaking $650+ phone. Why in the hell wouldn't you?

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ame|1411575986|3756358 said:
No kidding. It's aluminum, yes, it will bend! I just don't "get" not using a case. It's a freaking $650+ phone. Why in the hell wouldn't you?

because part of the 650 f'ing dollars your paying for that phone is design that you subsequently cover up with a bulky case. Sorry, but your design is flawed.

And you make it too thin that it "needs" a case?! It being so thin makes it cost more, which in tern requires you to drop 50-90 bucks on a case? thats silly. If aluminum bends, dont make your phone out of aluminum, dont blame the person who buys the phone and asssumes that the phone was built sturdy enough to wear in their pocket.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think the expectations are flawed.
A thinner, longer phone is weaker so don't sit on it.
Duh.

It reminds me of outraged women upset when their ultra-thin rings with melee on 3 sides bend.

People who demand designs that defy the laws of physics aren't too bright. :nono:

Of course apple won't say that.
They'll do and say whatever they have to to keep making money off these folks.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium

+100.

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
ame|1411434561|3755534 said:
luv2sparkle|1411425504|3755461 said:
I am so furious! We went back to sprint for the third time, and tried two other stores and no one will sell us a phone. They have them, but since we dont want to go with their more expensive "apple for life" plan, they magically dont have any to sell us. The last store told us it came down from corporate that any customer with an old plan doesn't get a phone if they wont switch. We have been Sprint customers for over 10 years!!!

I am ready to switch but Verizon wont have any phone for new customers until the first few weeks of october. I also dont really want to pay my 18 year olds ohone bill for another two years. There is no way not to get screwed in this deal.

It is amazing how some companies treat their customers.
Can you buy it from Apple and not change plans? I stopped buying from the carrier because I hated the games.

Or Best Buy. I just got mine at Best Buy, and traded in my 5 for $225. Kept the same plan.

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
IPhone 6+ aren't the only phones that bend. If you have a large phone and you wear tight pants and sit on it for long times, other phones will bend too (and have) . People just like to jump on any flaw the iPhones have and overlook when other phones have the same problems.

HOWEVER, for what iPhone 6+ people paid I can see why people are upset. I mean I would have hoped it wouldn't bend, but it is aluminum, and people do keep phones in their back pockets.

As for getting a case. I am getting a case that is crazy durable because I tend to drop my phones multiple times a day (on concrete and tile floors) SO I will be covering up my sleek thin phone with a heavy bulky case. And when the life proof ones come out, upgrade to one of those so they can be waterproof too (Lord knows how many times I have almost dropped my phone in puddles)

mary poppins

Ideal_Rock
Premium
After using the 6+ for a week, DH decided he was not comfortable with the length of the phone in his pocket. He's exchanging it for the 6.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Maybe phones need to be more of a sausage shape so they could be stored and protected by our body's natural ... ehm ... holders.

Plus we'd never hear anyone's ringtone since they'd all be on vibrate.

All conflicts and wars would end since everyone would be a bit calmer and happier.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Calliecake|1411580419|3756421 said:

+100.

Duh!

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I did finally get a phone. DH called around and found a sprint store who would sell us one. The guy who sold it to us is best friends with my neighbor two houses over. Small world.

I am not at all worried about my phone bending. I have always kept mine in a case and so does DH.

We were in CO for a couple of days and my husbands 4S was getting better reception than my new phone. I would have two bars and he would have 4. Now that, makes me mad. Even at home with our wifi, I still only have two bars. When I was trying to use an app, it wouldn't connect saying it couldn't locate me. What the heck. If this keeps up, I am going to return it and go back to my 4s. Nothing I hate more than paying more and getting less. I will give it a couple days because it's been a rough week and I am just really cranky about everything I think. Maybe if things even out a bit, I will feel differently. So far, not impressed. Seriously considering just going back to a flip phone.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
luv2sparkle|1412006626|3758637 said:
I did finally get a phone. DH called around and found a sprint store who would sell us one. The guy who sold it to us is best friends with my neighbor two houses over. Small world.

I am not at all worried about my phone bending. I have always kept mine in a case and so does DH.

We were in CO for a couple of days and my husbands 4S was getting better reception than my new phone. I would have two bars and he would have 4. Now that, makes me mad. Even at home with our wifi, I still only have two bars. When I was trying to use an app, it wouldn't connect saying it couldn't locate me. What the heck. If this keeps up, I am going to return it and go back to my 4s. Nothing I hate more than paying more and getting less. I will give it a couple days because it's been a rough week and I am just really cranky about everything I think. Maybe if things even out a bit, I will feel differently. So far, not impressed. Seriously considering just going back to a flip phone.

Please let us know what you decide to do. I was going to go trade in my 4S this week and get the 6. Now I'm not so sure.

alexah

Brilliant_Rock
Calliecake|1412009841|3758671 said:
luv2sparkle|1412006626|3758637 said:

Please let us know what you decide to do. I was going to go trade in my 4S this week and get the 6. Now I'm not so sure.

The reception may depend on where you're located. When I turned in my 4 for a 5 (1.5 yrs ago), the reception was not nearly as good as the 4. I even exchanged my first 5 for another, thinking it was defective (but it didn't help much). Then I moved a year ago and the 5 comes in perfectly; it's like talking on a land line now.

Hopefully all the bugs will be worked out (of the OS & the phone) by the time I'm ready for the 6 (in 6 months or so). I'm really happy with my 5 and am in no rush to upgrade it anyway.

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
DH is not worried about his phone bending either - he has a case, although it's leather and probably not all that protective (and he's still not worried about his phone bending). Consumer Reports actually tested a bunch of phones specifically to determine strength (in terms of bending) and although not the strongest on the market, the new IPhones performed just fine.
http://www.tomshardware.com/news/apple-iphone-bending-consumer-reports,27778.html

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I cannot buy an apple phone or any other phone that does not have a removable battery. The government can't track you if you remove the battery. :shhh: :lol:

I just paid $499 for a Samsung S5 on ebay because I have to pay full boat for a phone from Verizon in order to keep my unlimited data plan. It irritates me to no end that I have to do that. We have no internet other than the cell phone at our house so keeping that plan is absolutely necessary.

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I turned off the LTE and it worked better. It is definitely true that the coverage depends on your location, but everywhere we went DH had his 4S and I had the 6, so it was a pretty fair comparison. Even at home, where we have wifi-the 4S had more bars than my 6. I think the LTE corrected the problem. It just seems to work better on the 3G. The LTE is supposed to make everything load faster but I haven't found that to be true. I still haven't been able to get YELP to find my location so I deleted it, and have reloaded it. Haven't checked yet if that fixed the problem.

I think I will probably keep it.

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I didn't pre-order, but I did go to my local t-mobile shop over the weekend: they told me they were back-ordered, but mine would be shipped in a couple of weeks. Well, lo & behold ... it arrived yesterday! I'd been thinking about getting an iPad mini, just because I read & edit phots on the go when I can, and my phone is just a l'il too small for it to be entirely comfortable. Plus I liked the idea of the greater stabilization ... I drink enough coffee to get the jitters sometimes, and I'd love to knock it off with the blurry photos!

First impressions: it's BIG, all right. It verges on being a perpetually two-handed phone: I'm okay using it one-handed about 60% of the time, but somewhat gingerly, because I don't have a case yet, and this sucker is slippery! But I also have fairly big hands/long fingers for a gal. So far, I really like the reading/browsing experience: haven't had to futz with a single website, and wonder of wonders, I can actually SEE the thumbnails on the auction sites without bothering to click through for magnified details!

P.S. - Bonus: since all the cases I've seen thus far are fairly unnattractive, glad my habit of snapping up little leather pouches, envelopes, and eye-glass holders has paid off ... got one that fits it like a glove!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I thought I'd update since having my phone for a week. I love the regular 6 and it is as big as I want for a phone. It is just enough bigger than the 5 to make the upgrade worth it. I'll get an iPad mini if I decide I absolutely must have a reader/webbrowser with me when an iPad is not practical to take somewhere. I just don't want my phone larger than this.

Anyway, the main reason I am writing is to sadly report that there are problems with the Otterbox Defender which did such a fabulous job keeping our iPhone 5s safe. Of the problems reported on Amazon, the main problem we had was that the buttons for volume and sleep are almost impossible to press without great force. That is not acceptable in a case that expensive, and I assume OB will eventually introduce a new version. So in the meantime, we are using the SUPCASE Unicorn Beetle Pro which has a built-in screen protector and has great reviews on Amazon. It'd just not as big and thick as the Defender, so we'll have to be a little more careful. I don't plan to experiment with drop testing!

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
diamondseeker2006|1412907210|3765182 said:
I thought I'd update since having my phone for a week. I love the regular 6 and it is as big as I want for a phone. It is just enough bigger than the 5 to make the upgrade worth it. I'll get an iPad mini if I decide I absolutely must have a reader/webbrowser with me when an iPad is not practical to take somewhere. I just don't want my phone larger than this.

Anyway, the main reason I am writing is to sadly report that there are problems with the Otterbox Defender which did such a fabulous job keeping our iPhone 5s safe. Of the problems reported on Amazon, the main problem we had was that the buttons for volume and sleep are almost impossible to press without great force. That is not acceptable in a case that expensive, and I assume OB will eventually introduce a new version. So in the meantime, we are using the SUPCASE Unicorn Beetle Pro which has a built-in screen protector and has great reviews on Amazon. It'd just not as big and thick as the Defender, so we'll have to be a little more careful. I don't plan to experiment with drop testing!
No I would NOT find that one out!!!

I am not pleased with the screen protectors out there now, none are cut correctly, though I suspect they'll be redone and cut to fit better over the next couple weeks. I know at least two companies just waited to release theirs on purpose. I am anxiously awaiting theirs. I put a cheapy on in the meantime, and am using my Speck Candyshell (got it at Best Buy the morning after i bought my phone!) and my SeasideSew pouches from Etsy (I always buy two of those at a time, I love them so much!) The extra padding helps while it's in my purse, and keeps the screen and camera safe and clean. I leave my phone sitting on top usually at home and work for a soft surface.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results