shape
carat
color
clarity

Calling all the Pregnant PS''ers

SMC

Ideal_Rock
BrightSpot|1411704747|3757185 said:
Hi guys. Thank you for all of your support & encouragemenr. Sorry for the delayed update on Baby Bright.
The delivery went really smoothly...until it didn't. All was well (& actually peaceful post epidural) until I was fully dilated & started pushing. Baby's heart rate dropped during the contractions when I pushed & didn't recover as quickly as my doc would've liked. That, combined with a few relatively minor issues (meconium in my amniotic fluid & that I'd started running a fever) led her to the conclusion that the safest course for baby was a C-section. So, that's what we did. It was pretty unnerving (& the recovery has been difficult thus far) but I trust my OB & wanted to play it safe for baby.

Our daughter, Virginia Catherine, (named after my beloved Gran) arrived at 2:19am on 9/24 weighing 8lbs 6oz & measuring 21" long. It's all been a crazy ride but she is such a sweet little soul & I'm loving getting to know her. I feel a bit badly that my recovery has meant I can't spend as much time with her now as I'd like but her dad has been a champ. I'm a lucky girl.

Hope you're all doing well!
Congratulations!!! She is adorable. I'm sorry that you ended up having a c-section, but the healthy, sweet baby girl must be totally worth it.

pancake

Brilliant_Rock
Oh, congratulations, brightspot! And welcome to little Virginia, you have been so desperately wanted and much anticipated by so many people xxx

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yippee BrightSpot!! You're a MAMA!!! :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: Virginia is simply divine, she's really really beautiful. Hugest congratulations to you and your hubby, and enjoy getting to know her, I bet she's worth the wait. So very, very happy for you!!!

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
BrightSpot|1411704747|3757185 said:
Hi guys. Thank you for all of your support & encouragemenr. Sorry for the delayed update on Baby Bright.
The delivery went really smoothly...until it didn't. All was well (& actually peaceful post epidural) until I was fully dilated & started pushing. Baby's heart rate dropped during the contractions when I pushed & didn't recover as quickly as my doc would've liked. That, combined with a few relatively minor issues (meconium in my amniotic fluid & that I'd started running a fever) led her to the conclusion that the safest course for baby was a C-section. So, that's what we did. It was pretty unnerving (& the recovery has been difficult thus far) but I trust my OB & wanted to play it safe for baby.

Our daughter, Virginia Catherine, (named after my beloved Gran) arrived at 2:19am on 9/24 weighing 8lbs 6oz & measuring 21" long. It's all been a crazy ride but she is such a sweet little soul & I'm loving getting to know her. I feel a bit badly that my recovery has meant I can't spend as much time with her now as I'd like but her dad has been a champ. I'm a lucky girl.

image_2348.jpg

Hope you're all doing well!

Beautiful baby, beautiful name !

I'm sorry your labor didn't turn out the way you wanted. Isn't that always the way?

I bet you handled it masterfully. Good job mom !

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Oh my goodness, Bright, I'm SO HAPPY For you!!!! She is beautiful!!!! Rest up, the first 2 days are the worst, but I promise, it will get better!!! Yay!!!!! :appl: :appl:

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
BRIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Welcome to the world Virginia!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

Bright, I am so happy for you and your DH!

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations to the whole family! You'll be up and about before you know it Bright! Better to take it easier now and make sure you recover and are feeling well. Take care of yourself and enjoy this special and crazy time! :appl:

amc80

Ideal_Rock
Congrats, Bright! She is beautiful!

JGator

Brilliant_Rock
Yay, Bright! I am thrilled beyond words for you. I have been checking this thread religiously for your update. She is beautiful, and she is one lucky girl to have you and your DH as parents. Good luck with your recovery from the c-section. Get as much sleep as you possibly can.

monkeyprincess

Ideal_Rock
Welcome to the world, little Virginia! Your mommy and daddy and have been praying and waiting for you for so long, and we are all so happy you are finally here with them! Words can't express how happy this makes me, Bright. I'm so sorry the delivery didn't go as you planned, but I hope you heal quickly.

tbaus

Shiny_Rock
Oh Bright! Your little "Bright spot" is perfect!!

Welcome to the world little Virginia. We've all waited so long to meet you. You have no idea how lucky you are, to have such a wonderful mummy. But I'm sure you will one day soon.

Congratulations Bright! I am so so so happy for you! I hope you are able to recover quickly.

mia1181

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations Bright!!!!! Baby Virginia is just perfect! I hope your recovery flies by. For me, the first two weeks after my c-section were awful! I was in a lot of pain and I just wondered if it would ever end. But I promise it does! After those two weeks I remember thinking "oh, that actually wasn't THAT bad." Hopefully the same goes for you and it passes quickly. I'm so happy for you mama!

AFM, 38w2d. I went in for my weekly Biophysical Profile (NST and ultrasound) and at first they measured my fluid to be low (5cm) but then baby moved and they measured an 8 (low side of normal). Soooo now I have to go twice a week. Tomorrow is my next one and if the fluid is less than 5, I have to be admitted for an IV. If that doesn't bring it up, I will have to have a repeat c-section.

I'm so conflicted, but I guess I will just see what happens. On one hand, I kind of feel like this whole monitoring thing has been kind of unnecessary. I had only one borderline measurement and then every week since then has been normal. But my doc also explained to me that while baby and I are both completely healthy, it could be a sign of a deteriorating placenta, and there is no way to know for sure until delivery. So I really don't mind being a little extra cautious. Plus, it's not like I'm that attached to VBAC. Having a c-section again has its positives too.

But, my doc also explained that at the end, it can be normal for amniotic fluid decrease. It could just be a sign of impending labor. Wouldn't that suck if I had to have a c-section and it really was just because I was going into labor? But then again, my cervical check wasn't great, 1 cm dilated (nothing for second time moms), long cervix and baby still high. We'll see how it goes!

SMC

Ideal_Rock
mia1181|1411944223|3758301 said:
Congratulations Bright!!!!! Baby Virginia is just perfect! I hope your recovery flies by. For me, the first two weeks after my c-section were awful! I was in a lot of pain and I just wondered if it would ever end. But I promise it does! After those two weeks I remember thinking "oh, that actually wasn't THAT bad." Hopefully the same goes for you and it passes quickly. I'm so happy for you mama!

AFM, 38w2d. I went in for my weekly Biophysical Profile (NST and ultrasound) and at first they measured my fluid to be low (5cm) but then baby moved and they measured an 8 (low side of normal). Soooo now I have to go twice a week. Tomorrow is my next one and if the fluid is less than 5, I have to be admitted for an IV. If that doesn't bring it up, I will have to have a repeat c-section.

I'm so conflicted, but I guess I will just see what happens. On one hand, I kind of feel like this whole monitoring thing has been kind of unnecessary. I had only one borderline measurement and then every week since then has been normal. But my doc also explained to me that while baby and I are both completely healthy, it could be a sign of a deteriorating placenta, and there is no way to know for sure until delivery. So I really don't mind being a little extra cautious. Plus, it's not like I'm that attached to VBAC. Having a c-section again has its positives too.

But, my doc also explained that at the end, it can be normal for amniotic fluid decrease. It could just be a sign of impending labor. Wouldn't that suck if I had to have a c-section and it really was just because I was going into labor? But then again, my cervical check wasn't great, 1 cm dilated (nothing for second time moms), long cervix and baby still high. We'll see how it goes!
Looks like your doctors are taking good care of you! Either way, VBAC or c-section, you'll have your baby in a couple weeks! It must be exciting to be so close to the end!

mia1181

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks SMC! It's getting exciting that my baby will be here in 11 days or less! I feel like I have a win-win situation with the VBAC or RCS.

Update: My fluid level was an 8.6! Still borderline low, but not low enough to admit me! I go back Thursday, then Monday, then Thursday again and play the same game. If it's lower than 5 I will have to stay. Hopefully this gives baby a little more time to decide to come on his own! If not, next Friday we are kicking him out! I'm pretty relieved, but since we had everything ready "just in case," now I'm a little bored!

Hope everyone else is having a good day!

amc80

Ideal_Rock
mia1181|1412030260|3758831 said:
Thanks SMC! It's getting exciting that my baby will be here in 11 days or less! I feel like I have a win-win situation with the VBAC or RCS.

Update: My fluid level was an 8.6! Still borderline low, but not low enough to admit me! I go back Thursday, then Monday, then Thursday again and play the same game. If it's lower than 5 I will have to stay. Hopefully this gives baby a little more time to decide to come on his own! If not, next Friday we are kicking him out! I'm pretty relieved, but since we had everything ready "just in case," now I'm a little bored!

Hope everyone else is having a good day!

With B, I had to go in 3x a week for NSTs....from about 36 weeks on. So I feel your pain with the extra monitoring! But 11 days! How exciting!

SMC

Ideal_Rock
Are NSTs part of the routine care for pregnant women? Or does some risk factor have to be involved for them to give you one. I don't think my doctor ever mentioned them (though it might be because it's still early).

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
SMC said:
Are NSTs part of the routine care for pregnant women? Or does some risk factor have to be involved for them to give you one. I don't think my doctor ever mentioned them (though it might be because it's still early).
I've never heard of it before.

AFM: my pica is in full effect. I know, I know, pica is a sign of low iron or whatever but last time they did a test and it was normal, so I think its just a pregnancy quirk. I've been eating ice all day and my doctors just repaved their parking lot the other day and I was obsessed with the smell. Exactly like last time. What can you do..... Its weird.

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Hi all :wavey:

Checking in, it's been a bit..how's everyone doing?

Bright, congrats again! I hope you're recovering well and enjoying your precious girl. Check in when you can.

Mia, I'm so glad you're hanging in there!! You are so close, and thank goodness you made it to full term!!!

Afm, well, I got the call from the perinatologist yesterday.....they want to start oral meds on me for the GD. I'm so disappointed, but what can I do? I have noticed my fasting sugars ( first thing in the am) have been creeping up the past week or so, so when he called I wasn't surprised. I know things could be worse, but it's just disappointing. Guess I have to do what I have to do at this point, but Mia, I get you, because twice weekly nst's and AFI checks start now for me too now. I'm 35 wks today, just praying I can make it to 38 at this point. My repeat c/s is scheduled for 11/4, but we'll see. I'm doubtful I will make it to that date, but I'm praying I do, bc I really want to enjoy Halloween with our little guy this year!!! My maternity leave starts next week (yay!), and we still have SO much to do. Room is not ready, clothes are not washed.....really have to get moving...it's crazy how fast this pregnancy went!! I feel like I'm going to deliver and be like
"wait, I was pregnant?" It's insane! Ironically, this pregnancy has been so much more pleasant than my last one. I actually feel great!

Hope everyone is having a great week, and woo hoo, it's almost the weekend!!! :appl: :appl:

mia1181

Brilliant_Rock
amc80|1412034020|3758865 said:
With B, I had to go in 3x a week for NSTs....from about 36 weeks on. So I feel your pain with the extra monitoring! But 11 days! How exciting!

3x a week? I'm going to try and appreciate that I only have to go a few more times! Thanks though, now only 6 more! It's crazy!

mia1181

Brilliant_Rock
SMC|1412193459|3760067 said:

No, NSTs are not routine here in the US. I had to go because at my "growth scan" ultrasound (also not routine, but my doc likes to check up on baby again at ~32 weeks) they found a borderline low amniotic fluid level. Other women have them if they have high-risk pregnancies or if there is some other concern (gestational diabetes, pre-eclampsia, advanced maternal age, etc.). My doctor also does them routinely after a woman has passed her due date to make sure baby is still doing well in there. They can be kind of controversial because some people believe that it is over-monitoring and only serves to increase worry, inductions and cesareans. Sometimes I feel a little stuck between the two ways of thought.

Niel- Wow I've never had PICA. You might want to consider mentioning it to doc and testing again just in case there actually is a reason this time. But I think as long you aren't doing anything risky like eating anything you shouldn't, you're probably right that it's just a pregnancy thing for you. I kind of wish repaved roads smelled good to me! They just redid my whole neighborhood, as in an entire 3 mile radius of my home and I could not escape that smell!

Dani- Sorry you had to go on meds for the GD, and double sorry about the NST and AFI's you'll be starting. Well, they are a pain, but you get to see baby a lot and that's kind of fun! That's awesome that this pregnancy has been better than your last. I feel the same this pregnancy as my last, but I am way more impatient this time around. I'm so excited for it to be over, but I also have a feeling I will be sad when that actually happens.

AFM, 39w1d. Well I can't remember where I left off, but if you haven't figured out yet, I am still pregnant! My last 3 AFIs were: 8 (borderline low), 8.6 (borderline low), and 13 (perfect!). So I have determined that my levels just vary and my baby is fine. But the limbo continues... Each time I bring my hospital bag and prepare that I might not be going home after the test. It's funny because I never know if I should be happy that I get to go home and everything is okay or if I should let myself feel a little disappointed that "today is not the day." Obviously I want the baby to be healthy and I want as much time as possible for him to be ready to come out on his own, but it's just hard to know that each time I have a scan it is possibly "the big day." :boohoo:

Last night DH and I went to the movies and thought it was cool to see that our closest theater now has a little bar and you can bring drinks into the movie. I'm guessing to compete with all the 21+ movie theaters that have been popping up in our area... Anyway, the booze doesn't really do anything for me right now, but I was thinking it was a pretty cool addition. That is, UNTIL... A lady sat next to me who was clearly very buzzed. :twirl: Okay, maybe even drunk! She looked very put together and was well dressed and seemed okay, just had had a few too many cocktails. But OMG! She kept talking on and on to me about pregnancy and her kids, etc. and touching my belly (she asked first, but I think letting her opened a floodgate)! It was so annoying! The movie was great but I couldn't wait to get out of there as soon as it was over! Ugh! A similar thing happened to me last pregnancy when I went to champagne brunch and mistakenly went by myself into a restroom full of buzzed/drunk mid-20s to mid-30s (probably mostly single) women! I was completely manhandled and had to endure all kinds of drunk comments and questions about pregnancy. Hahaha! They all meant well but it's 1000x worse than the comments and conversations you have to endure from the general public. Anyway, I sure am hoping to lay low for the next up to 6 days of my pregnancy! I think I'm done talking about it with strangers. :wall:

Oh, at my 38w6d check up I was still only 1 cm dilated and baby was still at -3 station, so I don't seem to be making any progress despite all of the random mildly painful contractions I have been having! I changed my next appointment to Wednesday so that if she strips my membranes, I might have a little time to go into labor before my c-section on Friday. I also had a water break scare last night after peeing, I wiped and when I bent down to pull my pants up, I had a trickle down my leg! But nothing after. Then this morning a similar thing happened. I though I was done peeing, but then more kept going in the toilet. I thought for sure it had to be my water, but not a drop since. I guess I just have a peeing problem! :errrr:

SMC

Ideal_Rock
Good luck Mia! I hope everything goes well for you!

Niel, are you still on bed rest?

AFM, 23w2d and nothing new to report. 17 weeks seems like there's a long way to go! I'm strongly considering the unmedicated natural childbirth route. I'm part of this neighborhood moms' group and this woman wrote about how her epidural caused a pinched nerve in her foot(because she couldn't move after getting one and ended up on her right side for too long), and now she can't feel her feet (and walks funny). She'll eventually get back to normal, and I'm sure she's some minority edge case, but stuff like that scares me. But we'll see - I'm not tied to any specific plan right now, but will know more after my hypnobirthing classes.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
SMC|1412626632|3763134 said:

AFM, 23w2d and nothing new to report. 17 weeks seems like there's a long way to go! I'm strongly considering the unmedicated natural childbirth route. I'm part of this neighborhood moms' group and this woman wrote about how her epidural caused a pinched nerve in her foot(because she couldn't move after getting one and ended up on her right side for too long), and now she can't feel her feet (and walks funny). She'll eventually get back to normal, and I'm sure she's some minority edge case, but stuff like that scares me. But we'll see - I'm not tied to any specific plan right now, but will know more after my hypnobirthing classes.

Sort of! Im still on restricted activity, and I'm still considered a high risk pregnancy, but sense i work a desk job they let me go back to work!

SMC

Ideal_Rock
Niel|1412636474|3763296 said:
SMC|1412626632|3763134 said:

Sort of! Im still on restricted activity, and I'm still considered a high risk pregnancy, but sense i work a desk job they let me go back to work!
That's good news! Hopefully, you'll have no other major complications until your little one comes.

amc80

Ideal_Rock
How's everyone doing? I'm truckin' right along...22w5d. DH finally felt the baby move the other night, so that was cool. It seems all I have to do to get him moving is drink something either hot or cold. I think he's going the a growth spurt or something because I have been starving lately- I'll eat a full meal and be hungry an hour later. Not much else to report- hope everyone is doing well!

SMC

Ideal_Rock
Mia, how are you doing? Has your DS arrived yet? Update us when you can.

AFM, 24w3d here and just plugging along. I'm definitely getting bigger quickly, and I've heard that this happens in the 2nd half of pregnancy. I feel stretched and/or bloated pretty much all the time, and it gets worse if I even overeat by a little bit. Have been trying to exercise at least 3x a week too. Other than that, not much new to report. Going in for my GD screening on Monday!

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi gals!

For those who knew I was having twins, I wanted to post that they're here!!!!!! They came a little early at 36w5d, but they are healthy and home. They were born on 10/10/14 at 10:33 AM and 10:34 AM.

Please meet Olivia Anne and Patrick Thomas...
Olivia is so much smaller than her brother. She was 5lbs 5 ounces, and Patrick was 6lbs 12 ounces! :love:

Good luck to everyone else expecting little ones in the next couple of months!!! Such a fun and wild ride, enjoy every moment. I have two toddlers as well so it's been a challenge so far but so worth it!

_23239.jpg

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Laila619|1413321849|3767069 said:
Hi gals!

For those who knew I was having twins, I wanted to post that they're here!!!!!! They came a little early at 36w5d, but they are healthy and home. They were born on 10/10/14 at 10:33 AM and 10:34 AM.

Olivia is so much smaller than her brother. She was 5lbs 5 ounces, and Patrick was 6lbs 12 ounces! :love:

Good luck to everyone else expecting little ones in the next couple of months!!! Such a fun and wild ride, enjoy every moment. I have two toddlers as well so it's been a challenge so far but so worth it!
Such lovely babes with lovely names!
Congrats and I hope you're recovering well

SMC

Ideal_Rock
Laila619|1413321849|3767069 said:
Hi gals!

Congrats Laila! Your twins are adorable and 36w+ is pretty impressive for twins. I've read that the work for twins is front-loaded in the first few years, but it pays off later because they can teach and learn from and entertain each other. My husband is a twin too!

Enjoy your new babies!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Laila, I've been thinking about you and I'm thrilled to see that everything went well and you and your babies are home and doing fine!!! Olivia and Patrick are SO adorable! :love: Congrats to you, your husband, and big brother and sister! I'm really happy for you all!

monkeyprincess

Ideal_Rock
Ahh, congratulations Laila. So happy they are here, healthy and home. Gorgeous babies!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results