shape
carat
color
clarity

Have you given up stacking with your E-ring?

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love the idea of stacking. I love buying bands that have different shapes, textures, etc. to stack with my E-ring, but for some reason, I can't pull off this look. My finger ends up looking stubby, and me E-ring just looks like it has been pushed too high by the stacking bands. I'm just talking about 2 bands max, and yes, I have tried thin ones (1.8 mm thick) to see if that solves the problem. I know there is a show me your stacking thread, but I am looking to see if any of you have QUIT stacking because of this problem, OR IS THIS ALL IN MY HEAD?

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I never started because my fingers are shorter between the base and the knuckle and there just isn't room for an e-ring and two 2mm bands.

Harpertoo

Brilliant_Rock
My fingers are long enough, and I love wearing/collecting multiple bands, but I prefer my solitaire solo.
I've bought various RG bands thinking I would eventually stop treating my AVC like fragile china, but I just don't like the look of bands with my ring.
Do you like stacking bands w/o your e-ring? Or do you just feel maxed out on finger space generally?

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like the looks of them on some people but I sure don't like more than 2 rings on my finger at the same time.

yorkgirl

Shiny_Rock
I've always stuck to a wedding band (thinner than my e-ring) and an engagement ring as I find adding bands takes away from the size of the diamond on my ering. Also it makes my finger look shorter.

kathley

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
marcy|1401660145|3684559 said:
I like the looks of them on some people but I sure don't like more than 2 rings on my finger at the same time.

This.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
The max I can do is one band in addition to my wedding band and engagement ring.

Which is why I only have one stacking band.

heididdl

Ideal_Rock
My Ering is too thick for more than this one tiny band however I sometimes leave the ering home just so I can wear my stackables.

_18822.jpg

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, I don't have the finger space to do it either. There are some beautiful stacks on PS but my fingers just won't accommodate them. For myself, I prefer the cleaner look of an ering and one band. Adding any more just mucks up the look on me.

getattachment__8_.jpg

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
When I am in the mood to stack, I do. My fingers are pretty short so stacking makes them look kinda stubby too. But I like them to look stubby if it is from wearing too many bands! :lol: I don't mind that kinda stubiness. Weird, I know. :). And I saw this SA at Tiffany and she had bands stAcked almost up to her knuckle. It looked over the top and fabulous to me. I loved it!!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well I guess I am glad to know there are others like me who can only wear one band with their e-ring! If I get any additional bands, I will alternate wearing them since I can only wear one at a time. But knowing myself, I'd wear my favorite all the time, so I'd probably end up selling the others!

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't get the "short fingers" argument. Most of you have tiny skinny erings and bands! I have legit short fingers and still stack a 4mm ering with two 3mm wedding bands.

biminigirl

Rough_Rock
I have tried to stack just one additional thin band too, but I end up thinking its too high up on my finger.

_22788.jpg

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
biminigirl|1411959780|3758440 said:
I have tried to stack just one additional thin band too, but I end up thinking its too high up on my finger.

I like your stack! From the angle, it doesn't seem like they sit up too high, but if you could post more pictures, it might be easier to tell for sure.

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My fingers are just too short. The most I can stack is up to 5mm all together. Not much lol.

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
I stack with no troubles at all. 1 band, two bands, even three. I have a small collection of various colors of metal bands (platinum, yellow god, and rose gold), plus bands (again in different metal colors) with white or colored diamonds (pink and yellow) - I mix and match.

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
distracts said:
I don't get the "short fingers" argument. Most of you have tiny skinny erings and bands! I have legit short fingers and still stack a 4mm ering with two 3mm wedding bands.

Yep, this. I think it depends as much on the shape of the solitaire as the width of the stacking bands ....

secretagentlaura

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Stacking is what my right hand is for :)

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
distracts|1401683606|3684762 said:

I do quite a bit with my hands and find it uncomfortable to have rings close to my knuckle. That's all there is to the argument. If I wore 10mm worth of rings, which is what you say you wear on your "legit" short fingers, it is up to my knuckle.

10mmstack.jpg

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
yorkgirl|1401661927|3684566 said:
I've always stuck to a wedding band (thinner than my e-ring) and an engagement ring as I find adding bands takes away from the size of the diamond on my ering. Also it makes my finger look shorter.

this for me.

maccers

Brilliant_Rock
I don't understand how ppl have room to stack either. I have fairly skinny and small-ish fingers (5.5) but I don't have a lot of stacking room.

The most I can stack is around 7mm, otherwise it's uncomfortable and looks funny.

_22794.jpg

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm not a fan of stacking.

I'd rather put all the money into one ring/stone that is as fine as possible.

maccers

Brilliant_Rock
kenny|1412022474|3758773 said:

Do men stack? I'm asking in seriousness. I'd like to see what it looks like.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
maccers|1412022734|3758782 said:
kenny|1412022474|3758773 said:

Do men stack? I'm asking in seriousness. I'd like to see what it looks like.

Sorry, I have no idea.
What I meant was I'm not a fan of the stacking look on any finger, man or woman.
Even though wearing a wedding ring and an engagement ring together is so common I think one single ring looks much better.
I've never been one to automatically go along with stuff just because everyone does it.

biminigirl

Rough_Rock
I tried it again today..it feels okay at first then gets uncomfortable.

_22800.jpg

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've stacked up to three RHRs, but wear my e-ring with just my w-ring. I guess I'm a traditionalist.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results