shape
carat
color
clarity

George Clooney is married...

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Alas, it's true - George Clooney and Amal Alamuddin have tied the knot.

I know I was never really in the running, but a girl can dream, right? :wink2:

Anyhow, I love that they chose to take a water taxi tour that allowed the Venetians to "participate" in the event, however vicariously. And I love that she chose to wear a simple eternity ring for the occasion. And I love that the press is commenting on his ring as well as hers!

Photos are all over the web by now, but here's one source:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbi...n-wedding-bands-make-appearance-man-wife.html

article-2772608-21be582a00000578-249_964x1185.jpg

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I told George he could marry her, but only if he promised to spend every weekend with me.

Of course he had to agree since I hold all the power and money in the relationship.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
So long as it's not Johnny Depp, I'm ok.

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love her classic eternity band! Wish we could see more pics of her stunning EC solitaire (which she has since moved to her right hand)! :lickout:

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I thought her eternity would be larger. She has very nice taste.

lioness

Brilliant_Rock
If I had only known that all it took to bag George Clooney was to be an attorney with long dark hair and thick eyebrows, my life would be very different now.... :wall:

Lovely eternity ring. The dress, however, looks like a half-finished crafts project, I don't care who designed it.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
lioness|1411961843|3758455 said:
If I had only known that all it took to bag George Clooney was to be an attorney with long dark hair and thick eyebrows, my life would be very different now.... :wall:

Lovely eternity ring. The dress, however, looks like a half-finished crafts project, I don't care who designed it.

Your post is hysterical Lioness. The dress in the above photo just looks strange to me because of the length. Have you seen the full length picture of the dress. It's really does look half finished. She looks beautiful but then again who wouldn't with George Clooney on their arm.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
He finally found someone with hair as awesome as his! Yay!

Kidding. Well, mostly. Her hair is pretty effing amazing, though. Can't wait to see her ring--read that it's an eternity band. Need macro pics and stats! :appl:

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
I love her dress! With legs like that, who cares about the ring?

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Calliecake|1411964182|3758462 said:
lioness|1411961843|3758455 said:

Your post is hysterical Lioness. The dress in the above photo just looks strange to me because of the length. Have you seen the full length picture of the dress. It's really does look half finished. She looks beautiful but then again who wouldn't with George Clooney on their arm.

I wonder what Joan Rivers would have said about this dress...

halffinished.jpg

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joan would have said it looks like a lampshade!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
MissGotRocks|1411986425|3758542 said:
Joan would have said it looks like a lampshade!

Haha, I agree with you and Joan in that case!
Of course she is still beautiful wearing that lampshade. :lol:

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, they are a stunning couple and I wish them much happiness! The cutting edge of fashion is not for all of us. While I can appreciate some facets of the dress, the short flared front doesn't do justice to her long, thin legs. She is a beautiful woman with a beautiful physique but I would have selected something different for her. It does look 'post bridal' though; maybe that was the look she was going for.

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
I couldn't care less about G. Clooney, but I do hand it to them for having a wedding with a lot of class & elegance. Guests actually wore tuxes, as well as suits & ties. Women wore non-transparent dresses without cutouts where it counts. As far as I read, nobody trashed any hotels or jumped nude & high into canals. High five!

lioness said:
The dress, however, looks like a half-finished crafts project, I don't care who designed it.
Perfect! :lol: :lol: My first thought was "I wonder how much she spent on that silly thing?" She is 36 yrs old -- a tad past the time when mini-mini-mini looks cool anyway, pretty as she is.

Vogue paid them a million bucks plus for photo rights, which they say will go to charity. Good gawd! Guess that underwrites the whole shindig, huh?

--- Laurie

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
JewelFreak|1411996286|3758583 said:
I couldn't care less about G. Clooney, but I do hand it to them for having a wedding with a lot of class & elegance. Guests actually wore tuxes, as well as suits & ties. Women wore non-transparent dresses without cutouts where it counts. As far as I read, nobody trashed any hotels or jumped nude & high into canals. High five!

lioness said:
The dress, however, looks like a half-finished crafts project, I don't care who designed it.
Perfect! :lol: :lol: My first thought was "I wonder how much she spent on that silly thing?" She is 36 yrs old -- a tad past the time when mini-mini-mini looks cool anyway, pretty as she is.

Vogue paid them a million bucks plus for photo rights, which they say will go to charity. Good gawd! Guess that underwrites the whole shindig, huh?

--- Laurie

Ditto JF and lioness...I was never a big GC fan but good for them to find someone who made them happy. But that dress :snooty: .

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
Not a huge GC fan - I mean, he's fine (as an actor, person, whatever), but I don't care much about him one way or the other. As for the wedding, I'm into fashion, so the dress was my only interest. It was, um, interesting and not at all what I expected. If DH and I had dark hair, it would make a fun, couples Halloween costume :lol:

iLander

Ideal_Rock
Personally, I like the flowery white dress, not the red short-in-front number. I think the white dress is different and novel, and it looked good on her.

Of course, George had to settle for second best when he realized I wouldn't leave my DH. Took years to convince him. Here's the pic where he realizes that he's settling.

Poor guy.

:bigsmile:

clooney.jpg

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Has anyone seen the actual dress she wore to the ceremony? I was under the impression she wore the above dress the following day.

Missy, I would have loved to hear Joan's commentary on the dress. I was so focused on the hemline of the dress I didn't really notice her beautiful legs.

ILander, You are two funny. You have to give the guy some credit. He did wait along time for you and you know all those other girls were just to pass the time.

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think the flower applique dress would have been prettier without the extreme hi-low hem. One small just of wind and the hoo-ha is there for all to see. She is a beautiful woman.

I would love to know what made this woman 'the one' over all the other beauties that George has dated.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Has anyone noticed that they resemble each other? In one picture I saw it looks like they both have cleft chins and the same nose.

The news was reporting that one magazine was commenting that she was the better catch. Not that GC is a loser but she appearently
is quite accomplished.

lambskin

Ideal_Rock
Premium
How we miss Joan Rivers! I think she would say something like" She fasted so long to get into her dress that she ate her bouquet and threw it up all over herself". (Yes, I know I will keep my day job.)

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
iLander - too funny! He does indeed look dismayed at something - I'm sure it was the thought of the dream he was giving up! :wink2:

I agree that the dress was not flattering to her legs. Not that her legs need flattering!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm glad he found a woman with brains instead of a cookie-cutter Hollywood starlet. All those girls look the same to me.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

George who? :bigsmile: :saint:

The lady is a stunner (but, perhaps, all about that treble :tongue: and no bass? :rodent: )

cheers--Sharon

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Actual wedding dress pictures were released today. She looked beautiful. I believe they said People magazine had the pictures.

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
iLander|1412003184|3758623 said:
Of course, George had to settle for second best when he realized I wouldn't leave my DH. Took years to convince him. Here's the pic where he realizes that he's settling.

Poor guy.

:bigsmile:

I hope you let him down easy, iLander... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Calliecake said:
Actual wedding dress pictures were released today. She looked beautiful. I believe they said People magazine had the pictures.

Beautiful wedding dress. Beautiful couple.

aq_resizer.jpg

clooney1n-1-web.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results