shape
carat
color
clarity

Oval - ASET and Black background picture

OvalHaloJ

Rough_Rock
Hi all,

I finally found the diamond that I like, it's an oval cut (a bit more rounded than the usual oval - it's how I like it ;-) )

The ASET view looks pretty good to me:

e6cfe584_0.jpg

The diamond's details are:

Carat Weight: 2.01
Cut: Very Good
Color: J
Clarity: VS2
GIA Certified
Depth: 63.40
Table: 61.00
Polish: Excellent
Symmetry: Very Good
Girdle: STK-TK
Culet: None
Fluorescence: None
Ratio: 1.30
Measurements: 9.48x7.3x4.63

I've worked with the jeweller and we managed to design and produce a setting I love!

I chose a warmer color and matched the other setting stones because when I had a look at the stones at the local jewellers I just preferred a J compared to a F. I got the pictures of the final result yesterday and I'm just a bit scared it looks a bit too yellow.
It's the first time I see the stone in a black background, do you think that type of background significantly enhance the yellow faint ???

img_0798.jpg

img_0830_0.jpg

img_0836.jpg

img_0846.jpg

Thoughts on the ASET and possible increase of yellow faint in a black background

Thank you very much!

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think any 2 ct J oval is going to look tinted.

OvalHaloJ

Rough_Rock
JulieN|1411955667|3758381 said:
I think any 2 ct J oval is going to look tinted.

Thanks JulieN,

I guess a slight tint is expected and it's actually what I prefer compared to completely colorless diamond, I was just wondering whether a black background increase the yellow faint because from these last pictures it looks more yellow than expected :twirl:

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
There's no sense in worrying about it now. Get it in person to see what you think of it.

OvalHaloJ

Rough_Rock
Gypsy|1411956746|3758397 said:
There's no sense in worrying about it now. Get it in person to see what you think of it.

Thanks Gypsy !

I'm honestly not that worried, and I'm looking forward to having a look at it in my hands, I was just curious to understand whether a black background can increase the "yellow" factor ?

Thanks again for the very quick answers !

OvalHaloJ

Rough_Rock
What I'm actually trying to understand is the difference between a picture taken with a dark background and a picture taken with a bright background.

In the picture with the black background, even the platinum setting looks a bit yellow :loopy: :loopy: :loopy:
am I just wrong ?

Thanks! :read: :read: :read:

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I was just reading in the colored stones forum that black backgrounds do being out the color in stones.now I don't know how it effects this one because there is that border of white around the actual stone, but- in general yes I believe black brings out the color in stones.

Like gypsy said, no use over analyzing it now. If you liked them in person I'm sure you'll like it :)

lambskin

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Can someone tell me why this asset looks good? I still have a hard time reading assets with fancy shapes. Thank you.

lambskin

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Also it weems I have a hard time spelling ASET too> :doh:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results