Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
B/C we let Kenny do all the talking?.. :lol:
A lot of the old regulars are gone?... :((
New members are shy?.. :bigsmile:

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Seems less people are purchasing, lots of regulars missing, topics are not that interesting or are too controversial to get into. We seem to be in a slump.

HopeDream

Ideal_Rock
I've noticed a big slowdown in the past 2-3 years. I think people are buying less often.
LIW is practically in hibernation :snore: When I was a LIW (2009/2010) it was really active.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think they are all on the Bee. My daughter reads that. Now that's entertaining!! So much drama that as we get older seems so dumb.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Could it just be people are enjoying the last weeks of warmer weather and will pick up when it gets colder out. I'm fairly new so have no idea how it was in the past.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
People hate me and have left.
Mara was first.
Go read about it on that private FB group.

I know they are actually jealous of my supreme majesty. :sun:

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
kenny|1411873800|3757999 said:
Mara was first.

Do I have to remind you of the thread not too long ago where everyone said how much they love you!

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
We lost a lot of members when PS became PS 2.0. I don't know if they wound up on Weddingbee and never came back, or just moved on to other interests, but I miss them. Shoutout to Glitterata & LGK, among many others, wherever they are .... ;(

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Calliecake|1411873988|3758002 said:
Mara was first.

Do I have to remind you of the thread not too long ago where everyone said how much they love you!

Not Mara.
I met her in SF and the windows froze, shattered and fell to the street below.
Not sure why she wanted to peel my skin off cover me in salt and leave me in the desert. ;(

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A ton of people went to the private FB group. No one posts here anymore. :(

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sometimes people are ignored, or lit into like they're the antichrist..kinda takes some of the fun out of it. I've gotten some new stuff I've not posted on here, and have sold some things in the meantime that I bought and likewise never posted.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mara was first.

What did you say to her?.. :bigsmile:

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mara was first.

We lied!... :lol:

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
kenny|1411874132|3758004 said:
Mara was first.

Not Mara.
I met her in SF and the windows froze, shattered and fell to the street below.
Not sure why she wanted to peel my skin off cover me in salt and leave me in the desert. ;(
b/c she was the queen bee until you dethroned her to become the king of PS... ;))

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dancing Fire|1411878504|3758035 said:
Mara was first.

What did you say to her?.. :bigsmile:

Nothing.
Just Hi.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dancing Fire|1411880596|3758045 said:
b/c she was the queen bee until you dethroned her to become the king of PS... ;))
Nah. Do you really think so?

I recall there was a lot of hostility towards me near the time of that SF GTG.
About that time that private invitation-only FB/PS group started, which I joined for maybe a week.
I left because I couldn't stand the invasion of the diamond vendors with their unmoderated selling. :knockout:

A lot PSers left PS back then, probably for FB where they could blab unmoderated.
Seemed like when PS/FB took off the flaming of Kenny on PS dropped off significantly.
I'll bet they had a blast over on FB. :lol:

Then again, maybe this is all just my narcissistic imagination. :think:
Yeah, that must be it.

Please don't kill me, Mara. :hand:

01a1a.png

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock
i am fairly new (2yrs) and not noticed the slowness of the traffic...so it is all relative...

i think i am done with diamonds for a while but i do like the PS community.. it is another part of my hobbies.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
kenny|1411881355|3758048 said:

nod.gif

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dancing Fire|1411882523|3758052 said:
kenny|1411881355|3758048 said:

nod.gif

Nah.

Mara and I are totally different kind of posters.
Totally.

Mara is an angel but I'm a pile of yellow/green cat diarrhea so fresh, hot and steamy that it just flattens out only 1/16th of an inch high and 11" in diameter.

Watch your step. :hand:

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
[quote="kenny|

About that time that private invitation-only FB/PS group started, which I joined for maybe a week.

[/quote]

You received an invitation to the PS secret society club and I didn't.

wahh.gif

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dancing Fire|1411883350|3758054 said:
You received an invitation to the PS secret society club and I didn't.
wahh.gif

That's totally understandable.
After all, I'm Kenny so I'm used to this reaction.

You're just DF, so you get this reaction.

screen_shot_2014-09-27_at_10.png

screen_shot_2014-09-27_at_3.png

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've not been posting following the two threads regarding the doctor who posts massive jewels. Those threads were not very nice.

I was also previously on the private FB page but after seeing some very negative "bullying" posts I took myself off the membership.

I don't think I'm well liked because I like a vendor who is a lightening rod for many members. But I also love and have used many of the PS vendors and I've always been treated well by them. ERD, Victor, WF, Jewels by Grace.

I too have a recent purchase that I used funds from a sale to acquire. A beautiful bracelet from Grace. I haven posted because I wasn't logging in. Just cruising the site when I was bored which hasn't been often lately.

This is not always a warm fuzzy place and life has enough drama I just decided to limit my sources I like seeing people on RT and SMTB find wonderful new or pre loved items and I've been keeping up with Missy on HO and how she's progressing. But decided to sit on the sidelines and just watch. I think my last post was on Gypsy's thread where she lost her sweet kitty.

smitcompton

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi,

I have been reading here since 2005. Since Maras name has been brought up, I'd like to comment that she was the only one that I remember having authority. By that I mean, that she could stop a thread from going down the nasty, bullying path very quickly. All she had to do was comment on how bad something sounded, and it stopped. I think she was very respected. I found that to be very extraordinary.

Yes, PS is very slow now. The women leave the men to do the topics, mainly, and cats and nail-polish don't evoke widespread interest.

I have noticed a change in the diamond board over the years. Standards for recommendation of stones has clearly changed. Now people say J< K< L< (not old cuts) are fine for e-rings. I would only want maybe 5, or 6 people to do any recommending to me. It has become further complicated by now saying GIA stones are not equal, even if the lab report indicates sameness. AGL. the same.
Diamond information has become more available on other venues and probably less complicated.

I still marvel at how people do help others. I think it is the best part of PS. I'd opt to pick up the standards a bit more. Si2s aren't for me.

Annette

Andelain

Ideal_Rock
How does one find the FB group?

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dancing Fire|1411868649|3757958 said:

Because dear hubby Websailor is posting on the Lexus boards instead :lol:
He didn't have much to contribute here about diamonds anyway.

starryeyed

Ideal_Rock
Hi DF. :wavey:

When I looked at this post, I thought "slower" meant - why is it taking longer to upload pictures, for pages to load, and for pages to refresh! :lol:

I just posted some neck shots in SMTB and it took forever!!

vintagelover229

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Andelain|1411915323|3758139 said:
How does one find the FB group?

I think it's secret so it can't be searched-if you've bought from fire kitty-athenasworth-or other frequent sellers use that email (or email them with your FB email address) and they'll add you as a friend and add you to the group.

The FB group I actually stopped posting in for similar reasons for over a year-I recently started back up though. It's slow over there too and there is probably a break off group with the posters who really enjoy the drama-of which of course since I'm not well liked by them I wasn't invited into (I have no way of confirming if there is another group but I would assume since this is actually group #2 since #1 died for similar bulling reasons which is when italianhaircolor left).

Quite frankly my love of jewelry hadn't changed but I'm set with my pieces and am focusing on other parenting related hobbies. I will always love bling (I love the whole process from mining to cutting to the design and final product) but my new love for the fiber arts has taken a more active role. It's not cheap either but when you can see how many areas and different things can be done from felting clothing or needle felting paintings to the dying and creation of-well-the limits are endless.

I can only wear so many diamonds and now that my AVR is in my setting the only thing left is a mothers ring someday. I'm happy :)

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium
starryeyed|1411916669|3758151 said:
Hi DF. :wavey:

When I looked at this post, I thought "slower" meant - why is it taking longer to upload pictures, for pages to load, and for pages to refresh! :lol:

I just posted some neck shots in SMTB and it took forever!!

Yeah, but those pictures are to die for and well worth the wait.

starryeyed

Ideal_Rock
Dancing Fire|1411868649|3757958 said:
Thanks cflutist! I'm thrilled!

BTW, DF, what do YOU think?

I think you and Kenny add so much dimension. It's interesting reading both of your posts!

I returned to PS recently. I didn't post for while because I found myself with just too much to do! Something had to give. It's so nice to return, see old and new names, and still get helpful advice/support for a new project.

I have noticed that styles and tastes have changed and moderating standards seem different, but everything changes in this world.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
AprilBaby|1411870758|3757983 said:
I think they are all on the Bee.

What is "the Bee"?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results