• No

Votes: 13 44.8%
  • I don't have an apple device

Votes: 10 34.5%

• Total voters

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Were you upset that the new U2 album was downloaded onto your Apple device?

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't have an Apple device. Well,I mean I do but I don't use them as I don't like them. But I would have been mad that it wasn't removable

amc80

Ideal_Rock
Yes. I don't think they should put anything on my device unless I okay it. DH was mad because it was on his iCloud and he pays a certain amount each month for increased storage space. So he was basically paying for space that Apple decided to use without permission.

It did end up being removable- Apple made a website you could go to to remove it.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
amc80|1411494567|3755808 said:
Yes. I don't think they should put anything on my device unless I okay it. DH was mad because it was on his iCloud and he pays a certain amount each month for increased storage space. So he was basically paying for space that Apple decided to use without permission.

It did end up being removable- Apple made a website you could go to to remove it.

I saw that, but silly that it was only removable after (justifiable) outrage.

maccers

Brilliant_Rock
Apple recently increased (free of charge) my iCloud by 5 GB and they decreased the price. Maybe that's how they justified the storage issue (but not the privacy one).

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wouldn't say I was mad - initially I was just confused, and concerned I had inadvertently ordered it somehow and was charged for it.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
junebug17|1411497900|3755850 said:
I wouldn't say I was mad - initially I was just confused, and concerned I had inadvertently ordered it somehow and was charged for it.

haha! i wonder how many moms thought their toddlers ordered a U2 album!

the privacy thing didnt bother me, as its nothing new for apple or smartphone products in general, it would have annoyed me that it took up limited space on a phone that doesnt allow for mini usb storage. Obviously that was reslved but I mean at first i would have raged.

Plus i know a lot of people dont like U2 either, and were annoyed they couldnt just put their music on shuffle anymore

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
I was a little annoyed, but not livid. However I can see how people could go either way with it though.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I was livid till I found out it only went to people who use apple's icloud.
I don't so I didn't have to bother removing the unwanted content.

Remember, I'm the guy who hates those Costco free samples.

Now, you kids get off my LAWN! :angryfire:

:bigsmile:

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Don't own any apple devices but a good friend is pissed it downloaded using mobile data and he has to be real careful for the rest of his month or he is going to go over and get reamed by at&t.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The only apple 'device' I own is an iMac computer.

apple put it on iTunes accounts ... not on devices.

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
kenny|1411501083|3755885 said:

ok, well since I consider itunes a virus I don't have to worry about that either.
You would not believe how many computers itunes has messed up.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I couldn't care less, but I didn't even notice it was put on there until I read this! I'd have to listen to the songs to know whether I am glad or not!

Rena7

Shiny_Rock
I don't have any apple products so I didn't know anything about this.

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Retired Software Engineer and Project Manager, Hubby retired UNIX Admin (who runs a LINUX Server in the house), no Apple products in this house.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have an iMac but don't use iTunes.
I have never bought anything from apple for my iTunes account.
Never.
Not one thing.

All music I listen to is on CDs.
I have not even bothered to enter the passcode into my car's radio in 3 years, after the battery died.
I don't have any device, iPod, iPad, iPhone or even non-apple mp3 player, anything that plays music.
I won't even put a CD into my iMac because that causes it to be loaded into iTunes.
So, synching my devices is a non issue.
I have no devices.

I love apple for their computers.
I hate apple for everything else.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I only have an ipod. I don't think anything can be downloaded to it without my permission. Thankfully.

April20

Ideal_Rock
Didn't bother me at all. I just don't get worked up over that kind of stuff. I have other things to get all het up about.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
U2 has a handful of songs in the 80s that I like, however, I am not a fan, and I do not have an Apple device.

DK :))

lulu

Ideal_Rock
Absolutely, very upset. I'm saving all that cloud space for my nude photos. Of me. And my dog.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
lulu|1411522899|3756071 said:
Absolutely, very upset. I'm saving all that cloud space for my nude photos. Of me. And my dog.

All my photos of my dog are him in the nude.

If those get hacked I plan to shame him for consenting to those photos. :nono: :roll:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't like the fact they put it on my iPad and iPhone without asking me but mine is just there to download it's not already on my devices.

quietlysw

Rough_Rock
I don't like the idea of anybody being able to remotely put things onto my laptop and phone. The whole thing just seems... sneaky. No confirmation, no click contract, nothing.

I'm surprised U2 would want to go along with it, because my anger towards Apple's actions also reflects negatively on them as a band. The fact that they assumed that everyone would get their album and be over the moon - just no. Not all free things are accepted gratefully by everyone - much like Kenny's reaction to the Costco taste testers. It would have been great if they gave people a choice to download for free. People seem to react positively to being able to make their own decisions. When you take that ability away, there is a great possibility that you will piss off a fair percentage of your audience. And for Apple, that is a lot of people.

A bad idea all around, IMO.

VapidLapid

Ideal_Rock
In 1980, at the age of 19 I was MAD about U2!!! I had the distinctive pleasure to see them at Irving Plaza club 47 a week before Boy was released in the US. I already knew it having bought the UK import weeks before. One of the greatest shows I have ever seen. Others I have seen were Gang of Four at the Ritz, Nina Hagen also at the ritz, Sector 27, and Lloyd Cole and the Commotions, both at IRving Plaza, Elvis Costello and the Attractions at what was the the Palladium, The English Beat at the Ritz two nights in a row!!, The Specials and Elvis Costello at the pier at 42nd st, Pretenders in Central Park, The B52s opening for the Talking Heads in Central Park, ... so many great performances... still mad about U2 even though I dont care for their recent work (last 20 years), they just dont seem to have grown as artists but only churn out the same record in a hardly different package every time. And still it is mostly better than others. Oh, aam I mad about the way they released their "giveaway"? Ive only read about the controversy, havent experienced it. I have iTunes but it did not load itself to my devices. I might have had issues with it had it installed itself as I am very ocd about managing my memory and storage space, but it didnt happen. Man that show in '80 was m i n d b l o w i n g !

eta, I saw Patti Smith last night. Wow she is as amazing now as she was 35 years ago, maybe even more. She was GLOWING

[attachment=0]_22653.jpg

psps.jpg

_22653.jpg

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
VapidLapid|1411525864|3756100 said:
In 1980, at the age of 19 I was MAD about U2!!! I had the distinctive pleasure to see them at Irving Plaza club 47 a week before Boy was released in the US. I already knew it having bought the UK import weeks before. One of the greatest shows I have ever seen. Others I have seen were Gang of Four at the Ritz, Nina Hagen also at the ritz, Sector 27, and Lloyd Cole and the Commotions, both at IRving Plaza, Elvis Costello and the Attractions at what was the the Palladium, The English Beat at the Ritz two nights in a row!!, The Specials and Elvis Costello at the pier at 42nd st, Pretenders in Central Park, The B52s opening for the Talking Heads in Central Park, ... so many great performances... still mad about U2 even though I dont care for their recent work (last 20 years), they just dont seem to have grown as artists but only churn out the same record in a hardly different package every time. And still it is mostly better than others. Oh, aam I mad about the way they released their "giveaway"? Ive only read about the controversy, havent experienced it. I have iTunes but it did not load itself to my devices. I might have had issues with it had it installed itself as I am very ocd about managing my memory and storage space, but it didnt happen. Man that show in '80 was m i n d b l o w i n g !

eta, I saw Patti Smith last night. Wow she is as amazing now as she was 35 years ago, maybe even more. She was GLOWING

[attachment=0]_22653.jpg

B52s opening for the talking heads? Ugh. Sounds amazing

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Me too! I sure hoped they don't get posted online!

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
I wouldn't say mad, but I felt I should've had a choice in whether or not it was on my account/device/space. Let me decide! I did remove it, because I am not a U2 fan. DH liked it though so it's on his stuff. But I removed it.

katharath

Ideal_Rock
Lol - yes, I actually was mad! I had to complain about it to my DH :)

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Karl_K|1411501207|3755887 said:
kenny|1411501083|3755885 said:

ok, well since I consider itunes a virus I don't have to worry about that either.
You would not believe how many computers itunes has messed up.

I believe that iTunes killed 2 PCs I had. I stopped downloading iTunes and voila, no problems and no trashed PC's. I thought it was just me who thinks iTunes is a virus!!! I download music on my Kindle fire now.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results