Calling all the Pregnant PS''ers

amc80

Ideal_Rock
Niel said:
I'll play! I'm due Jan 29, so what 21w1d? IMAG1204_2.jpg

Adorable!

SMC

Ideal_Rock
Bright, hope everything is well with you and your little girl! Update us when you can.

Mia, thanks for the advice on the postpartum doula. I met with one yesterday and she seems nice and capable, so we might end up hiring her if I don't get more recommendations. You're super close to meeting your DS too, it must be very exciting! Are you going to have a newborn Halloween costume ready for him? :)

AMC & Niel, you two look great!

BrightSpot

Ideal_Rock
Hey guys,

I'll post more tomorrow, but just wanted to let you all know I'm still pregnant. Thanks for checking on me! Catching an impromptu date night with DH while I still can!

And I'm loving all of the cute bumps! I'll play too!

image_2329.jpg

dani13

Ideal_Rock
You look adorbs, Bright!!! Best of luck....can't wait to see your little girl.....I'm so thrilled for you!!! :appl: :appl:

monkeyprincess

Ideal_Rock
Bright, pregnancy looks amazing on you! But I know you are so ready to meet that little girl! Thinking labor thoughts for you!

SMC

Ideal_Rock
Bright, you look like a maternity model with those long slender limbs! Excited for you to meet your little girl!

amc80

Ideal_Rock
I agree, Bright, you look great! Good luck!

Has anyone heard from SplitShank? If my crappy pregnancy brain recalls correctly, she was the one pregnant with triplets, right? I haven't seen her around lately.

split_shank

Shiny_Rock
Oh hi! I am here, lurking more than posting because I don't have much to offer for advice on a "normal" pregnancy (and I can't remember much of my 1st pregnancy 4 years ago, and this one is anything but normal! Still trucking along, or more like waddling along at 26 weeks tomorrow. We found out at 15 weeks that we are having 2 boys and a girl for a grand (and FINAL) total of 3 boys, 1 girl. I guess one perk of having multiples is getting to see them every 2 weeks. So far everything looks good and they are measuring ahead for their GA. My high risk OB asked if I had passed my early GD test, which I did, and I just wanted to say, they're well-fed, let them be! ;))
I started to get more consistent BH contractions this week at work since there is so much up and down and running around and overall just feeling burnt out so my Dr pulled me for the remainder of the pregnancy. Not on strict bed rest, but more like don't do anything strenuous and move at a glacial pace, which is where I'm at anyways! I feel much better at home but having an almost 4 yr old at home with me is harder than I thought at this point so I'm still trying to figure out some time to go to daycare a few hours or day a week so I can get a break and he can have some interaction, but I feel guilty taking him there and then just going home. It's a home daycare literally a block from our house so it's not inconvenient and I think he just needs to be able to do more than I can handle right now, go for walks, ride bikes, chase him around, etc.

Tomorrow marks a mental milestone of 26 weeks, which is when a couple I know from work had their triplets and they are just finally getting out of the hospital around their due date. I feel like things can be ok, with a lot of hard work on babies' ends, to make it home ok. 28 weeks will allow them to be safely delivered at our local hospital, and anything more than that is icing on the cake. They will take them at 36 weeks regardless, Dec 4th, which is really more like 36w/5d on my calendar since I know when we triggered and they have been measuring closer to that than LMP. It's kind of crazy to think timelines of upper 20's/low 30's in terms of ideal GA for them to get to. Having a month+ shaved off the pregnancy along with biweekly appts have made this feel like the worlds fastest pregnancy. I am anxious for the time to go by to get them further along, as if time is going to stand still or something :rolleyes: but yet knowing life as we know it is going to be completely different..... I'm so not ready! I feel a little sad when we are having quiet moments with our son and think it won't be like this soon and how his world is going to get turned upside down... I just feel guilty for doing this to him at times, not that it was exactly my choice, but you know. I'm sure he'll be a great big brother, it will just be an adjustment period for all of us!

Anyhoo, I bet you didn't think you'd get a novel! But thanks for thinking of me! Hope everything is going well for you ladies and I love hearing all the updates and birth stories!

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
split_shank|1411173451|3754073 said:
Oh hi! I am here, lurking more than posting because I don't have much to offer for advice on a "normal" pregnancy (and I can't remember much of my 1st pregnancy 4 years ago, and this one is anything but normal! Still trucking along, or more like waddling along at 26 weeks tomorrow. We found out at 15 weeks that we are having 2 boys and a girl for a grand (and FINAL) total of 3 boys, 1 girl. I guess one perk of having multiples is getting to see them every 2 weeks. So far everything looks good and they are measuring ahead for their GA. My high risk OB asked if I had passed my early GD test, which I did, and I just wanted to say, they're well-fed, let them be! ;))
I started to get more consistent BH contractions this week at work since there is so much up and down and running around and overall just feeling burnt out so my Dr pulled me for the remainder of the pregnancy. Not on strict bed rest, but more like don't do anything strenuous and move at a glacial pace, which is where I'm at anyways! I feel much better at home but having an almost 4 yr old at home with me is harder than I thought at this point so I'm still trying to figure out some time to go to daycare a few hours or day a week so I can get a break and he can have some interaction, but I feel guilty taking him there and then just going home. It's a home daycare literally a block from our house so it's not inconvenient and I think he just needs to be able to do more than I can handle right now, go for walks, ride bikes, chase him around, etc.

Tomorrow marks a mental milestone of 26 weeks, which is when a couple I know from work had their triplets and they are just finally getting out of the hospital around their due date. I feel like things can be ok, with a lot of hard work on babies' ends, to make it home ok. 28 weeks will allow them to be safely delivered at our local hospital, and anything more than that is icing on the cake. They will take them at 36 weeks regardless, Dec 4th, which is really more like 36w/5d on my calendar since I know when we triggered and they have been measuring closer to that than LMP. It's kind of crazy to think timelines of upper 20's/low 30's in terms of ideal GA for them to get to. Having a month+ shaved off the pregnancy along with biweekly appts have made this feel like the worlds fastest pregnancy. I am anxious for the time to go by to get them further along, as if time is going to stand still or something :rolleyes: but yet knowing life as we know it is going to be completely different..... I'm so not ready! I feel a little sad when we are having quiet moments with our son and think it won't be like this soon and how his world is going to get turned upside down... I just feel guilty for doing this to him at times, not that it was exactly my choice, but you know. I'm sure he'll be a great big brother, it will just be an adjustment period for all of us!

Anyhoo, I bet you didn't think you'd get a novel! But thanks for thinking of me! Hope everything is going well for you ladies and I love hearing all the updates and birth stories!

Thats great S_S! I hope those babies stay in there as long as possible.

AFM, my hair is so wiry! As my hair is so short, is because soooo noticeable. I used to have an undercut but my hair is so thick i had to cut the long part of my hair (on the top a la miley syrus and all the other hipster gals out there) and I have a super short Emma Watson esc pixie. Im not complaining i look rad! But my face is going to get fat soon, and it will not be good. Plus my pregnancy hair is thicker on my neck too.

SMC

Ideal_Rock
split_shank|1411173451|3754073 said:

SS, seems like your triplet experience is going as well as can be expected! I hope those babies stay in there for as long as possible, though it seems like they'd be fine regardless! What's your plan for childcare once the babies get home? Nanny?

AFM, I've had no changes in the past week. I did talk to a couple who had the same OB as me and they said that she failed to diagnose that their baby was breech - so they ended up in labor for 19 hours before they had to get a c-section. I'm thinking of getting an ultrasound around week 38 to make sure my baby has turned.

BrightSpot

Ideal_Rock
Baby Bright is on her way. Wish us luck!

SMC

Ideal_Rock
BrightSpot|1411513869|3755994 said:
Best of luck, Bright! Update us when you can!

Puppmom

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good luck! Squeeeee!!!

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Congrats! Best wishes of safety and health to you and Baby Bright!

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yay!!

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
BRIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GO<BABY BRIGHT GO!!!!!!!! We can't wait to "meet" you :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Yay, Bright!!! I'm so thrilled for you and wishing you smooth labor vibes!!! Can't wait to hear all about it!! Xoxo

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Delurking to say SQUEEEEEEE!!!!!!! Good luck Bright! You'll be absolutely amazing, and I cannot wait to 'meet' your beautiful girl! :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl:

JGator

Brilliant_Rock
Good luck Bright Spot! Can't wait to see your beautiful baby girl!

amc80

Ideal_Rock
Good luck, Bright!

amc80

Ideal_Rock
I just had my 20 week appointment. Baby's hb sounded good. It was a 5 minute appointment so not a whole lot to share. My uterus is measuring 2 weeks ahead, so I guess the rest of what makes me look giant is just my muscles stretching? I've gained 8lbs which I'm happy about- I think with B I was already at 20 by this point.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
amc80 said:
I just had my 20 week appointment. Baby's hb sounded good. It was a 5 minute appointment so not a whole lot to share. My uterus is measuring 2 weeks ahead, so I guess the rest of what makes me look giant is just my muscles stretching? I've gained 8lbs which I'm happy about- I think with B I was already at 20 by this point.
Last time at this point I had gained 8. I think I'm at about 13? But last time I started off about 10lbs heavier than I did this time, so I feel OK about it.
I hate going to those 5 minute appointments. Hate hate it. I get there 5 minutes early for an appointment at 1030, I won't be seen until 11, for them to say "OK heartbeat is 159, see you in a month"

amc80

Ideal_Rock
Niel|1411583803|3756451 said:
amc80 said:
Last time at this point I had gained 8. I think I'm at about 13? But last time I started off about 10lbs heavier than I did this time, so I feel OK about it.
I hate going to those 5 minute appointments. Hate hate it. I get there 5 minutes early for an appointment at 1030, I won't be seen until 11, for them to say "OK heartbeat is 159, see you in a month"

My new doctor is awesome- my appt was at 10:20 and she walked in right on time. My old doctor would have 60 minute waits every freaking time.

SMC

Ideal_Rock
Had another checkup today (I'm 21.5w). I had to wait an hour for my doctor! This was a little unusual because I normally don't need to wait more than 30 min (if at all). Oh well - they were apologetic and gave me a Starbucks card to compensate.

Heard the heartbeat, heard movement, doctor says I'm right on track - measuring between 20-21w according to my fundal height but completely normal.

Next time I go will be for my GD test. They gave me some lemon-lime drink to down 1 hr before. I hear it's horrible. I've been told to avoid all carbs the day of the test - should I also avoid them the day before the test too?

amc80

Ideal_Rock
SMC|1411678969|3757026 said:
Had another checkup today (I'm 21.5w). I had to wait an hour for my doctor! This was a little unusual because I normally don't need to wait more than 30 min (if at all). Oh well - they were apologetic and gave me a Starbucks card to compensate.

Heard the heartbeat, heard movement, doctor says I'm right on track - measuring between 20-21w according to my fundal height but completely normal.

Next time I go will be for my GD test. They gave me some lemon-lime drink to down 1 hr before. I hear it's horrible. I've been told to avoid all carbs the day of the test - should I also avoid them the day before the test too?

Yay for a good appointment!

As for the GD test- I wouldn't have anything crazy carb heavy for dinner the night before, but I don't think you need to go to great lengths to avoid it, either. As for the drink, it's not too bad. It tastes like flat 7-Up. It did give me the worst heartburn I've ever had, so maybe have some tums on hand for right after the test is done.

I'm a bit jealous of those of you who get the drink it advance. The labs here make you go in, drink it, and then you have to sit for an hour. Something about excess movement changing the way you metabolize it?

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
amc80|1411685910|3757055 said:
SMC|1411678969|3757026 said:

As for the GD test- I wouldn't have anything crazy carb heavy for dinner the night before, but I don't think you need to go to great lengths to avoid it, either. As for the drink, it's not too bad. It tastes like flat 7-Up. It did give me the worst heartburn I've ever had, so maybe have some tums on hand for right after the test is done.

I'm a bit jealous of those of you who get the drink it advance. The labs here make you go in, drink it, and then you have to sit for an hour. Something about excess movement changing the way you metabolize it?

The kind we use up here tastes like orange.

SMC

Ideal_Rock

That's probably a good idea. There's no way you can cheat either (though I have no idea why you would!) if you're drinking it in front of them. I will bring Tums! I've been getting heartburn after big dinners occasionally (I've never had it pre-pregnancy).

Niel|1411687574|3757070 said:
I had a choice of lemon-lime, orange, and fruit punch. I usually like lemon and lime flavored things so I went with that. I was relieved to see that it was also clear (the others were almost neon).

Oh, and my doctor says that I won't have any more ultrasounds unless she can't feel the position of the baby. I'm ok with that, though I'm going to make sure she's REALLY sure that the baby is head down.

Gifts have started coming in off my registry! I got a lot of small things, but I also got the Baby Bjorn bouncer and a Lotus travel crib from two of my good friends. It's a relief because I would never have purchased such expensive items for myself! My shower's not for another 6 weeks, so I'm hoping more gifts will come closer to that date.

Right now, I have a feeling that my husband is way more excited about the baby's arrival than I am. I think I am really dreading all the sacrifices I'll have to make once she's here. I'm conflicted because I HATE HATE HATE being pregnant so I can't wait for it be over and I'm excited to meet her, but at the same time, I don't know if I'm up for the challenge of raising a child. DH doesn't have the same feelings as me - he is just super excited to have a baby.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
SMC|1411688408|3757075 said:

That's probably a good idea. There's no way you can cheat either (though I have no idea why you would!) if you're drinking it in front of them. I will bring Tums! I've been getting heartburn after big dinners occasionally (I've never had it pre-pregnancy).

Niel|1411687574|3757070 said:
I had a choice of lemon-lime, orange, and fruit punch. I usually like lemon and lime flavored things so I went with that. I was relieved to see that it was also clear (the others were almost neon).

Oh, and my doctor says that I won't have any more ultrasounds unless she can't feel the position of the baby. I'm ok with that, though I'm going to make sure she's REALLY sure that the baby is head down.

Gifts have started coming in off my registry! I got a lot of small things, but I also got the Baby Bjorn bouncer and a Lotus travel crib from two of my good friends. It's a relief because I would never have purchased such expensive items for myself! My shower's not for another 6 weeks, so I'm hoping more gifts will come closer to that date.

Right now, I have a feeling that my husband is way more excited about the baby's arrival than I am. I think I am really dreading all the sacrifices I'll have to make once she's here. I'm conflicted because I HATE HATE HATE being pregnant so I can't wait for it be over and I'm excited to meet her, but at the same time, I don't know if I'm up for the challenge of raising a child. DH doesn't have the same feelings as me - he is just super excited to have a baby.

Is your husband able to feel the baby kick yet?

SMC

Ideal_Rock
Niel said:
Is your husband able to feel the baby kick yet?
Nope, not yet. I can feel her kicking but whenever my husband puts a hand on me, she has always stopped. Doctor says my anterior placenta mutes a lot of the movement too. She said he'd be able to feel it soon enough though!

BrightSpot

Ideal_Rock
Hi guys. Thank you for all of your support & encouragemenr. Sorry for the delayed update on Baby Bright.
The delivery went really smoothly...until it didn't. All was well (& actually peaceful post epidural) until I was fully dilated & started pushing. Baby's heart rate dropped during the contractions when I pushed & didn't recover as quickly as my doc would've liked. That, combined with a few relatively minor issues (meconium in my amniotic fluid & that I'd started running a fever) led her to the conclusion that the safest course for baby was a C-section. So, that's what we did. It was pretty unnerving (& the recovery has been difficult thus far) but I trust my OB & wanted to play it safe for baby.

Our daughter, Virginia Catherine, (named after my beloved Gran) arrived at 2:19am on 9/24 weighing 8lbs 6oz & measuring 21" long. It's all been a crazy ride but she is such a sweet little soul & I'm loving getting to know her. I feel a bit badly that my recovery has meant I can't spend as much time with her now as I'd like but her dad has been a champ. I'm a lucky girl.

image_2348.jpg

Hope you're all doing well!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results