shape
carat
color
clarity

3-4.5 carat Cushion Help Please

lebwhite

Rough_Rock
We celebrate our 30th anniversary this year and I get to choose a special diamond. I think I want a cushion or maybe radiant, but have seen a nice oval too. The oval is on Leon Mege's site, it's the Mon Cheri. Victor Canera does a similar called Sophia. I absolutely love either setting. I just don't know what to look for online. Hubby didn't mind the 40-75k prices I showed him so I have some flexibility.

I have seen an OEC online and like it but I think I am hung up on the GIA specifics. Hubby says I over analyze everything and with so many options my head is spinning. I am stuck on cut rating and color. I just don't know where to start.

I want a good bit of finger coverage, size 7.5 ring finger.

Any suggestions?

Gypsy found an awesome round brilliant for my daughter so I am looking for more guidance here and open to any ideas. Thanks

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
You have a fantastic budget.

And I am thrilled to help you again.

So... cushion or radiant oval huh?

What is your priority? Size (spread) or light performance?

And how do you want to set it?

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I really REALLY REALLY adore this beauty:

http://www.brilliantlyengaged.com/3.01-carat-f-vs2-royal-chandelier-cushion-brilliant-cushion-cut-diamond-gid-24785.html

Antique faceted, with ideal light performance, but avoids the strong Maltese cross of most anique faceted stones. And while it is definitely antique faceted it's actually not 'too chunky' doesn't have a big open girdle, but has a tiny table and probably a high crown.

I gotta tell you, this stone makes my fingers itch.

And it's got a nice amount of spread at 8.6 square and a lovely pillowy outline.

It's a truly fantastic stone. And if you wanted to see it in person, Brilliantly Engaged (formerly Engagement Rings Direct) has a nice return policy.

Where are you located again (by the way).

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Since you said you like OECs here is a gorgeous newly cut diamonds with AGS0 lab reports (premiere lab report with light performance evaluation) that get a perfect 0 for ideal in light performance.

http://www.victorcanera.com/diamonds/yfxt04 Just stunning. And 9.4mm in diameter.

So if you want an OEC. This would be my top choice. Again, great return policy and you can get it and see if you like it. And evaluate the I color for yourself.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
If modern cushions are more to your taste (and they might be) there are several lovely options on James Allen. You would put these on hold and ask for a ASET image (colorful image you see in the other diamond listings I posted for you). It will take 3 business days for them to get you one, and when they did you would post them here for us to help you chose.

http://www.jamesallen.com/loose-diamonds/cushion-cut/3.51-carat-e-color-si1-clarity-sku-315049
http://www.jamesallen.com/loose-diamonds/cushion-cut/3.26-carat-h-color-vs1-clarity-sku-165665
http://www.jamesallen.com/loose-diamonds/cushion-cut/3.01-carat-h-color-vs1-clarity-sku-29864

These are really lovely modern cushions, FYI. So if you did like them... they would be great options for your budget.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I hope you don't mind me commenting - you say that you want a good deal of finger coverage, while Gypsy has outstanding taste in stones the first cushion she picked (which is lovely) faces up like a 2.40 to 2.50 round shape diamond the reason for this is that cushions are deeper and therefore lack the spread of other cuts. I have been hoping that someone buys the OEC that Victor has that is a magnificent stone, and at 9.4mms great coverage in a halo, if you want the ultimate finger coverage go for an Oval in one of Victor's halos.

I would go for the OEC in a heartbeat, the yellow oval Victor has on his website or one of Gypsy's ovals if size is your main objective, unless you love cushions and can't live without one in which case I defer to Gypsy's choices.

valmanin

Brilliant_Rock

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Just curious Gypsy ... you state a couple of diamonds in this thread have "ideal light performance". I don't think you'd lead anyone astray purposely and you are a big help but if I may ask, in the interest of giving consumers accurate information, upon what do you make those assumptions?

Kind regards,
Rhino

Victor Canera

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Hi everyone,

I wanted to chime in here regarding our Canera European Rounds to clarify an issue.

AGS Laboratories does not (currently) offer Cut analysis or Light Performance analysis of Old European Cut diamonds or designs based on them such as our Canera European Round. In other words, AGSL Platinum Light Performance Certificates are not available for these design of diamonds. For this reason all of our CERs come with AGSL Gold Lab reports which are the highest level available for these types of diamonds.

Having said that, our CERs are designed for optimal light performance. Based on our analysis of these diamonds including their ASET scope imagery we have a very good foundation to say that they would have achieved an AGS Ideal score for Light Performance and because of this an Ideal Cut grade based on Ideal Polish, Symmetry and an Estimated Ideal Light Performance Score. This is the reason why we note Ideal (Estimated) on the “Performance” tab of these diamonds.

My Best

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Rhino|1411488432|3755744 said:
Just curious Gypsy ... you state a couple of diamonds in this thread have "ideal light performance". I don't think you'd lead anyone astray purposely and you are a big help but if I may ask, in the interest of giving consumers accurate information, upon what do you make those assumptions?

Kind regards,
Rhino

They aren't AGS 0 stones?

If they aren't it was my mistake. I should have said excellent light performance based on ASET posted.

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Gypsy|1411492286|3755784 said:
Rhino|1411488432|3755744 said:

Kind regards,
Rhino

They aren't AGS 0 stones?

If they aren't it was my mistake. I should have said excellent light performance based on ASET posted.

No prob Gypsy. I can understand how it could be confused and just wanted to clarify. Thanks for taking my questions in the right spirit.

Thank you for clarifying Victor. I asked because there are many websites stating their products are in fact "Ideal" when AGS never granted such status. To say something is Ideal without their thumbs up on it is pure speculation which may not in fact be true. I respect the ideal designation and don't think it should be abused especially on a forum that consumers come to for accurate information and advice.

Regards,
Rhino

lebwhite

Rough_Rock
Gypsy, huge thank you. You have given me great options and I plan on deciding soon. I will post pics once we get it. Thanks again

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
:wavey:

yorkgirl

Shiny_Rock
I thought AVRs were ags ideal? Aren't they considered old cuts just like CERs?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results