shape
carat
color
clarity

How one poll and an ultrasonic lead to a new setting!

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So I posted a thread in rt about an asscher cut band. Many thanks to those of you who chimed in. Over the weekend, I went to see it again and realized that the band was not the issue. I didn't want to invest more money in A band for a band aid cure. One of my issues was that my ring would get dirty often. My husband gave me an ultrasonic cleaner a few months ago but with this setting, every time I used it, the sides stones fell out!!! My jeweler recommended that I switch the setting if I wanted my stone to be spanking clean. So here is what I did. I have to admit that I have to get used to all the bling. But it sure is shiny and sparkling! And I got an eternity band I can clean in the ultra sonic too!

image_2344.jpg

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
image_2345.jpg

LuckyKelleyK

Shiny_Rock
Wow! That is gorgeous and I definitely think that you made the right choice. That being said, I am still curious about the Asscher band. How many stones? What's the ctw? Thanks! I'm so jealous of your set!

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks. The asscher cut is a 7-stone and I want to say that it is .50 carats. My jeweler has only one which I think he acquired through an upgrade, so it is not new.

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have to be honest - I DO love this more on you!!!!!!!!!!!

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think that change makes the world of difference! And I promise you'll get used to the bling!

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh this is gorgeous! :love: it really does seem to suit you nala, and I love the extra bling! :appl:

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks ladies! I'm not going to lie. I'm actually surprised that I chose this setting. I never figured myself for a trillion fan, and ESP massive ones at .50 carats each! I was concerned that they would take away from my center stone and that pears would make a better choice. But, I have to say that Iove looking down at blingliness. It looks like a continuous flow of diamond and I love that!

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks ladies! I'm not going to lie. I'm actually surprised that I chose this setting. I never figured myself for a trillion fan, and ESP massive ones at .50 carats each! I was concerned that they would take away from my center stone and that pears would make a better choice. But, I have to say that Iove looking down at blingliness. It looks like a continuous flow of diamond and I love that!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful! :love: I have also learned that it is important to be able to clean a diamond well to keep it looking its best! An ultrasound combined with brushing the pavilion of the diamond is a great combination!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous nala! It looks beautiful on you. Congrats. Seems you made the right choice.

sarahb

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Oooo--thats REALLY nice!! beautiful :love: :love: :love: Congrats on your upgrade! :appl:

SandyCheeks

Brilliant_Rock
Just beautiful!! I love it stacked with the diamond band!

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks again! And esp. for being so forgiving of my bad grammar! I didn't realize I wrote lead instead of led!!! :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: Ugh! But it's so nice of all of you to not point it out!

Rena7

Shiny_Rock
It's so beautiful Nala. :love: :appl:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your rings are beautiful, Nala.

BTW, I just soak my rings in dishwashing soap or jewelry cleaner. It works great.

Travelgal

Shiny_Rock
I love it with your eternity bad. Going to admit I have ring envy. Stunning!

petrock<3

Brilliant_Rock
Girl you are blingin'! :appl:

I love your setting. It is not something I would think of doing either but it just looks so right! The whole set looks great together. Wow! :love:

AVCadmirer

Shiny_Rock
I love the new setting and I absolutely love, love that eternity band. Gorgeous!! :lickout:

apacherose

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful, I bet it sparkles like mad- great set!!!

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Many thanks to the new comments. I'm finding that this setting is do versatile. I wear it alone or with the eternity and I love it both ways. Right now I'm contemplating a plain rose gold band. Here is a picture. image_2350.jpg
With a 2 mm or
image_2349.jpg
Or with a 3 mm.
What to do?

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Without any doubt the 2 mm:
- it looks great paired with your diamond ring and puts it center stage
- it does not overwhelm your diamond ring but complements it
- it will also look nice paired with an eternity or as a standalone band on casual days

Which one do you prefer?

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm leaning towards the 2 mm but hubby says it gets lost and I don't know if I agree.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nala, I think I prefer the 2 mm - it seems to make your ering "pop" and emphasizes those beautiful diamonds a bit more.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I prefer the 2mm as well. Looks beautiful!

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
image_2351.jpg
So I also fell in love with this! The options seem endless now!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Is this a 2 mm WG or platinum band in your last pic? This looks great too. This one blends more. I also love the contrast of the RG. Perhaps in this case I lice the RG just a tiny bit more. Normally I am not zo in favor of mixing metals, but I love the look on you with you gorgeous e-ring.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like the last one you posted nala, it looks great! So hard to choose lol

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
junebug17|1411960593|3758449 said:
I like the last one you posted nala, it looks great! So hard to choose lol

I actually opted for this last one, but plain bands aren't so expensive, so I will work my way to the rose gold sooner than later! :naughty: :naughty: :naughty: :naughty:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results