color
clarity

Where Would You Go if You Could Only Take One Last Trip Ever

kathley

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Re: Where Would You Go if You Could Only Take One Last Trip

monarch64|1411096847|3753526 said:
Does anyone else feel like Kathley is the genie in a bottle and we've been granted one wish? :bigsmile:

:lol:

SB621

Ideal_Rock

Dream trip is safari in Africa but we want to take our children. So a few more years for that.

Probably Greece, it sort of changes everyday.

blackprophet

Brilliant_Rock

Antartica. And to get there I'd have to pass through Argentina. Prob stop in Peru first.

Peru and Antartica 1/2 on my list of places to go. After that only Mongolia would be left on my list of the places I really wanted to see.

lambskin

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I have visited over 100 countries (cheap independent travel) and each place is unique. Some I would go back and others I would never return. It would be tempting to select a place I have not visited (French Polynesia or Micronesia) but for a 'last ever trip" it may not live up to my expectations. I could return to a favorite place (France, India or Isle de Madeline, Canada) where I had a terrific experience but the place may have changed since my last visit so I would be disappointed. It would have to have fabulous food, interesting shopping and great museums. So I guess I would pick a deluxe grand tour of Europe which is so tame compared to my travels so far.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Wow, lambskin, that is impressive! We all need to consult with you before planning future trips!

Sadly, there are places I'd like to go that I no longer feel are safe to visit due to internal or external conflicts or the potential for terrorism or hostility towards Americans. I think my husband and I will likely travel more in the US and Canada in the future because of that.

But if there were no dangers, I'd like to visit Israel, Greece, the UK, Italy, Germany, Australia/New Zealand, and Africa. I have been to France for 8 weeks when I was young, and we have been to China, otherwise those would be very high on my list.

I will agree with Monnie that some of the foreign trips we take might be more in line with going for a purpose to help others. Our daughter went to Africa this summer to help at an orphanage and she loved it and wants to return.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I would visit each and every family member that is important to me.

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock

Jennifer W|1411075366|3753333 said:
Orkney. I would quite like to go there forever, though. If a job in my field ever comes up there, I'll be packing!

I loved Orkney and it just felt like i'd lived there.

me? back to Alaska, me thinks.......or Orkney.....or Sligo.

kathley

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

"Sadly, there are places I'd like to go that I no longer feel are safe to visit due to internal or external conflicts or the potential for terrorism or hostility towards Americans. I think my husband and I will likely travel more in the US and Canada in the future because of that."

We feel the same! But, if there were no dangers, New Zealand would be on the top of my list.

IS_EDS

Rough_Rock

I would visit my grandparents who live abroad.

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Why would New Zealand be dangerous?

kathley

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

luv2sparkle|1411428184|3755479 said:
Why would New Zealand be dangerous?

I don't think New Zealand is dangerous at all. Looking at photos, it is a gorgeous place!

lambskin

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Diamondseeker, I would gladly add any input you may have in vacation destinations...remember I travel on the cheap so I can shop more...
ANY place can be dangerous depending upon what you may do. In New Zealand trekking is huge and there are more difficult treks than others so you have to chose your route wisely. Knowing where to stay in big cities -anywhere in the world-is important as the neighborhood may not be so safe. Certain trains, boats and airlines have reputations concerning poor safety. Some places deemed dangerous can be wonderful. You must do your research before and during a trip.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results