shape
carat
color
clarity

Steven Kirsch reset: milgrain halo, pink diamond gallery

petrock<3

Brilliant_Rock
Who's ready for some bling ****! :dance:

I reset my 1.5 E Si1 Original Radiant Cut into a milgrain halo with pink diamond gallery. This is the end of a 4 year (on and off) decision making process. I toyed with many different options, most of which included trading in my stone. I wanted a yellow diamond, then changed my mind to an asscher, then cushion, and so on. Then back to yellow, lol. Then I wanted an all pink setting or pink halo. All over the place.

I decided I would do something creative with a RHR and leave my engagement ring rather simple (compered to some designs I was considering) with my original stone.

My wonderful husband and I took a weekend trip to NYC and decided it was time to get this thing going! We met with Steven who was great. I was undecided when I went to the appt. if I would do a delicate micro pave halo, double halo, or what. But when I looked at his samples I knew right away which style I liked. I was a bit surprised. I'm glad I saw them in person because my reaction was different to what I like on a computer screen. If you have a chance to view whatever you are considering in person, it is worth the trip. I would have ordered something different long distance.

He had a completely jaw dropping antique cut pear milgrain halo and I was completely in love with the pave style. I always thought that that style was gorgeous but not delicate enough, a little bulky for what I was going for. Of course magnified 100x's on a computer screen is so different than real life.

Ok on to some pics!

Stone is 6.5 x 7 mm for reference size 6

dsc_0260.jpg

dsc_178.jpg

dsc_0244.jpg

dsc_0247.jpg

petrock<3

Brilliant_Rock
Steven suggested just doing a pink gallery since I wanted pink somewhere. I asked for something flower or petal-like. I had no idea what he was going to do. He showed me the light pink melees they usually use but they were very barely pink. I asked for as intense as he could get since they would be so small and so few.

I have two slight negatives on this design. The first is that it has a donut. Steven suggested I do a pink band with the ring, and the pear ring design I chose had no donut. It was straight across. We discussed that that was good since I may want to pair a band with it on occasion. I know I would need a spacer anyway and I could get one of those notched out ones but I prefer the clean lines you get with no donut.

It may be that that was the only way to do it. I will ask him about it. I think it would have been better if I knew about it during the fabrication process.

The other is very minor but from my perspective when viewing the gallery it looks like the letter W and not petal-like. But, there is not much room to work with under there so not a critisism on Steven but just my initial reaction to the design. It was probably a tough request to execute.

The pave work is perfect. It truly is amazing. This ring blings from every angle it is mesmerizing. It is so hard to capture as most of you know. I love the delicate milgrain, it too is perfect. And the claws. Steven's craftmanship really is extraordinary. I would definitely recommend him.

Overall I love the ring. I just want to include all of my honest reactions in the hope that it may be helpful to someone considering something similar.

dsc_179.jpg

dsc_181.jpg

dsc_0288.jpg

dsc_0296.jpg

yorkgirl

Shiny_Rock
Exquisite, I adore the milgrain and the fineness of it all. I definitely see petals.

bbziggy

Shiny_Rock
So lovely!! Enjoy your beautiful reset! :appl: :love:

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Glad you started a new thread for your exquisite ring. It is so beautiful from every angle. Ah, to have so much eye candy in one ring!
I only see the pink petals by the way :love:

Your ring will look beautiful paired with a band, but it's good to discuss this matter (donut vs no donut) with Steven.

Enjoy wearing your ring after so many years of indecision. And I hope you will post a lot more pics ring sister :wavey:

Candygrl

Brilliant_Rock
O.M.G STUNNING :love: :love: :appl: :appl:

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
SO pretty! Great pictures!

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I really think it is breathtaking--you could wear it as a ER or RHR IMHO! :love: I personally would wear it by itself and let it be the star of the show!

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is breathtaking!! SK does amazing work. The petals are lovely. Would love to see some hand shots. :bigsmile:

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock
It looks amazing! :love:

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations on your gorgeous ring. :love: It is beautiful. Love the pink and the pave and the milgrain. It is perfect. :appl: I see what you are talking about re the W but it also looks like petals so either way it is gorgeous! As for the donut ask Steven because I wonder what happened if you agreed on no donut. Either way though it is :love:
Please post hand shots when you get a chance.

petrock<3

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you everyone for your comments! I want to take some time responding when I get in front of a computer (I'm on my phone). I snapped a few shots with my phone I thought I would share in the mean time.

20140922_131110.jpg

20140921_1.jpg

20140921_154417.jpg

20140919_192328.jpg

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's beautiful and I love the pink diamond gallery!!

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
its just beautiful! I love the three sided pave shank.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh my gosh, I think its beautiful! Love the gallery!

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous! Congrats :appl:

thecat

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
It's gorgeous! I love colored melees. Exquisite :appl:

woofmama

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous ring! The halo is perfect, love the gallery, really beautiful from every angle :love:

lorrissey

Brilliant_Rock
wow, that is fabulous!!!

makeable

Shiny_Rock
Wow!!!

cjchumphries

Shiny_Rock
I absolutely LOVE it!! The gallery and milgrain ARE beautiful!! Im sure it is difficult, when inspecting every detail, not to find slight issues. But know this, IT. IS. STUNNING! It looks amazing on your hand and I hope you thoroughly enjoy every second wearing it!

TruLuv858

Brilliant_Rock
It's beautiful!!! Steven was so on point! Congratulations!! :love:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So beautiful! :love: I absolutely love the pink gallery!

drk14

Brilliant_Rock
Petrock<3,
Congratulations on finally getting your ring! The workmanship looks exquisite. Did you get any clarifications from Steven about his design choices?

apacherose

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, that is so fantastic! I love the pink gallery and milgrain. Your latest handshots are great, how delicate and beautiful it is. Wear it in good health!

petrock<3

Brilliant_Rock
Yorkgirl bbziggy Candygrl motownmama mom2boys KristyDarling lknvrb4 Tekate missy Catmom Neil Magpie4426 tyty333 babymonster thecat woofmama lorrissey makeable

Acinom- thank you ring sister! ;-) Staring at your gorgeous ring photos got me through my loooong wait! I was hoping it would look half as good as yours!

cjchumphries- Thank you! Yes you are right. I think when I first looked at it I was noticing all of the things that differed from the image in my head of the ring. It is tough with no cads or sketch or anything, you have your own imagination. But I chose Steven to do it and that is the way he works. On top of that is a build up of 4 years thinking about this project! So that was just my initial reaction. I don't even really notice any of that now that I've been wearing it for almost a week. I have to say his work is flawless and I have no regrets.

petrock<3

Brilliant_Rock
Sorry for posting twice I had that Draft saved and couldn't figure out how to add to it :oops:
TruLuv858- thank you! Can't wait to see your ring!

Thank you diamondseeker2006 and apacherose!

Drk14- I didn't contact Steven I'm not sure if I will. I don't want to send it back to be changed. I wanted to wear it a bit first to see if it was worth mentioning.

I have to say it has been a joy to wear the past week. It is amazing to have something you have been waiting for for so long! A dream come true.
Right now it feels like I have a giant ice cube on my finger and it is fabulous! :appl: :appl: :appl:

I feel a bit like Kimora Lee Simmons at the moment :dance:
now my ring is pretty modest by price scope standards and dss is bound to set in at some point but I hope that is a long time from now! I can't imagine wearing anything bigger than this on a daily basis.

In the sun and in low light the thing is like a firecracker from all angles. It is so fun to look at. I feel like when I was first engaged and I just stared at my hand all the time. My husband loves it too. He just stares at it with his eyes bugged out lol!

I have to say a huge THANK YOU XOXO to the price scope community. This is such a wonderful place. There is literally no one I can talk to about these things!

I would have had no idea who Steven Kirsch was or different kinds of pave. My ring would not have been this amazing and it would have been more expensive ironically. The non custom ring I had had my eye on was $1000 more!

So huge thank you to all of you! :bigsmile:

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am so glad you truly love your ring, ringsister!
No wonder, since it's fabulous and beyond :love:

Steven truly nailed this one. It's so special that you have a ring that is so beautiful from literally every angle. I can imagine that it looks different than you imagined it in your head. I actually love all design choices. Enjoy wearing this beauty!! You will never ever get bored looking at this one :love:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results