shape
carat
color
clarity

Need some car input--do you drive any of these vehicles?

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ame, I'm sorry to hear about your accident. Hugs girl, the aftermath can suck.

My DH just went through the car buying process and we test drove, like, everything. He wanted a smaller SUV, reliability, good gas mileage (he was coming off of a Camry Hybrid), a tank with good capacity, and a smooth, quiet ride. He ended up with an Acura RDX - it's the smaller version of the MDX, and it cost around 35k. I wasn't in love with the console layout and the nav isn't the best one (read: intuitive) out there, but holy mackerel. When I get to drive it, it is heavenly. The ride is just so smooth and luxurious in a solid way. And lately I have been finding vehicles rather uncomfortable in terms of my back and how my legs sit, but this thing hugs and supports. DH is not a car guy ("whatever, it just has to get me from point A to point B"), but even he is smitten with this car. I can't give you an idea of how your DH would feel in it as DH and I are both on the shorter side. I did try out the backseat during test drives, but I don't recall how I felt about this one.

So, may I recommend you check out the Acura RDX? :)

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Also, the new Jeep Cherokee left quite the impression on me. That surprised me. However, it felt incredible to drive, had great visibility, was super comfy, and had all the right features. Loved the console layout and design. The nav has won awards and with good reason, it was so intuitive and easy to use. Aaaaaannnnddd if I remember correctly, you are a fellow purse lover, no? I am, and the Jeep had this great feature where the passenger seat lifted up for storage. Perfect for DH's laptop, perfect for my purse! :D

We didn't get it because it was brand new to the market (they discontinued the Cherokee years ago, and have now relaunched it). Research indicated there was some mechanical concern. If it's been addressed, great. If not, no go. I think they were offering some great warranty with it, but it wasn't worth the risk to us. However, I mention it because if the transmission thing has been successfully addressed it would be worth a look.

ETA: Sorry, I know you were asking about specific models and I went off the grid. I hope you don't mind my thoughts on these two, as it seems like you are in the market for something similar to what we were looking at.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks everyone for the input.

We test drove a few vehicles today:
--Ford Escape Titanium 4WD
--Ford Edge 4WD Limited
--Honda CRV EX-L
--Mazda CX5 Grand Touring AWD

So far the two winners of that bunch are the Escape and the Mazda CX5. DH found the Escape the roomiest of the two, but the price for all the features has the Mazda winning. We felt the CRV was really kind of barebones for the price, in terms of bells and whistles, and felt kind of "squeaky" and "not zippy" by comparison. While we know Honda is my original old-reliable, neither of us was blown away, and he did not care for the passenger area seating, the console and dash comes in and takes up way too much legroom for him. So that was kind of a fail.

Visibility was the best in the Escape and the Edge, as far as seeing in the windows in back. The CRV was meh, and the Mazda was OK, but could've been better. The Escape and Edge blew both away.

I still want to drive:
--Subaru Forester
--Toyota Rav4
--Buick Encore
--GMC Terrain

I have ruled out Kia and Hyundai because from research there are "rules" on their warranty requiring specific maintenance and I don't appreciate that. I still DO that stuff on my own, but requiring me to do it a specific way or you won't cover something is not acceptable. We are not really looking at Jeeps because my brother has a Grand Cherokee and it's been an absolute NIGHTMARE.

I drove the Escape first, and I was still grandma moses and terrified, but as the day went on I loosened up. My parents were with me for the two Fords, but DH was with me for the latter two. We did go back before end of business for the Fords so he could get in them. He does not like the fuel efficiency of the Edge and agrees with my dad that it is "too much car" for our needs. The Escape and the CX5 and the CRV all had fantastic cargo areas.

The person we dealt with the Ford dealership (the only place we brought it up) didn't know the specifics about the Costco stuff but did say that they met the deal, so she knew we would probably work with that. We didn't get into pricepoints, just sticker costs. We were clear with EVERYONE that I was still in the very preliminary stages of figuring out what I wanted.

pandabee

Ideal_Rock
Oh Ame so sorry about your accident. My car was totaled earlier this year too and it wasn't fun trying to decide on a new vehicle especially when it wasn't remotely on my radar at the time. I ended up getting a highlander which surprised me a bit as I have always driven smaller sedans but was really wanting suv with 4wd. The only other car I test drove was the Kia Sorento and I was not a fan. The Toyota handled way better and I ended up with a preowned 09 highlander and it has been great so far. Handles hills and curves very well. It is very roomy on the inside but I haven't felt like it's too large to navigate.

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sorry about your car. I hope you are O.K.... I think it is fantastic you are test driving everything that you can. If possible take all cars you are considering for a decent length drive. My father has a RAV-4, we borrowed it to drive 700kms+ at the beginning of the year, to drive to my husbands family (both sets of parents live in rural Australia) and I don't like the way it handles at all.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
arkieb1|1411264186|3754584 said:
Sorry about your car. I hope you are O.K.... I think it is fantastic you are test driving everything that you can. If possible take all cars you are considering for a decent length drive. My father has a RAV-4, we borrowed it to drive 700kms+ at the beginning of the year, to drive to my husbands family (both sets of parents live in rural Australia) and I don't like the way it handles at all.
They really only let you take them for a like 10 minute spin. You do get to do side streets and highway though. The one place didn't have an employee with us, which I found bizarre. The others did go with me.

Though the Mazda dealer will let you "exchange" for another as long as you do it within 2 weeks and only put a max of 300 miles on it.

I am trying to relax but I am still workin on it. Physically seem to be well. My bruises are finally healing.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ame, I was in a very bad accident 10 years ago. Totaled the car. I too was very affected afterwards. For years, honestly. And even now I don't like to drive at night.

It gets better though. I promise.

4_cs

Shiny_Rock
So sorry you were in an accident. Glad all are safe.
My husband has an RDX and he loves it. I’m actually looking at a Subaru Forrester. My husband thinks I’m crazy. I have a really fun car to drive but I want something practical and with better gas mileage. We will see if I can make the switch. I have a friend who has a new CRV. She does not like it at all and will be trading it in. She wishes she would have bought an RDX. Her biggest complaint about the CRV-no zip(sluggish) and it is loud(interior).
Good luck with your car search.

iLander

Ideal_Rock
ame said:

The person we dealt with the Ford dealership (the only place we brought it up) didn't know the specifics about the Costco stuff but did say that they met the deal, so she knew we would probably work with that. We didn't get into pricepoints, just sticker costs. We were clear with EVERYONE that I was still in the very preliminary stages of figuring out what I wanted.

Yeah, there's only one person at each dealership that works on the Costco deals. When we did it, it was usually the "internet sales" person. The regular salesmen don't want to help with that because no one gets a commission on Costco sales. Or maybe they don't even know about it. To contact the specific "Costco deal" person, you have to fill out the form on the Costco website, before you go to the dealership. http://www.costcoauto.com/enterzipcode.aspx?gotourl=%2fdefault.aspx

Once you narrow down what you like, just go to the Costco auto site, and it'll tell you who to contact.

Also, the Costco site will tell you the dealer invoice price of the car which is very close to what you will pay with the deal.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Perfect, I will relay this to DH. He likes to negotiate. I know he and my dad will discuss pricepoints. He likes the value of the Mazda. I feel like it still seems a little "outdated" in the bells and whistles inside but with the safety bells it's better than the ford. I still have a LOT more to drive.

LoveLikeCrazy

Brilliant_Rock
ame|1411256133|3754506 said:

--Ford Edge 4WD Limited
--Honda CRV EX-L

So far the two winners of that bunch are the Escape and the Mazda CX5. DH found the Escape the roomiest of the two, but the price for all the features has the Mazda winning.

So sorry about your accident Ame. I was car huntING spring this year and i was between the Ford escape, Mini Countryman, Subaru Crosstrek and Mazda CX5.

I ended up deciding between the CX5 and the escape. It helped that i was at a dealership that sold both so i was able to really compare side to side. Despite the 5 year higher cost of ownership, i decided on a 2014 Mazda CX5 AWD Grand Touring. I originally was going to go with the reg Touring, but the extra features in the GT really helped push me towards it. I also got the back up sensors added. I liked the Ford escape but for me, there was too much going on inside (TECHNOLOGY WISE). I also liked the look of the Mazda better, i liked that it was more simple inside. Not very good reasons for choosing one car or another, but that was my reasoning..LOL.

I was a honda girl but just can't get past the look of the CRV. Also other cars seem to have more features for the money. I LOVE my blind spot monitoring. It's probably my favorite feature. I had a run in with the smart city braking system a few days ago and i nearly peed my pants, it scared the bejeebus out of me! Let us know what you decide!!!

ETA: we don't have a costco around here, but my husband is past military so we were able to negotiate USAA pricing. There actually wasn't much movement on the USAA price vs. Invoice but we were still able to get almost 3k off the asking price.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
LoveLikeCrazy|1411329680|3754892 said:
ame|1411256133|3754506 said:

--Ford Edge 4WD Limited
--Honda CRV EX-L

So far the two winners of that bunch are the Escape and the Mazda CX5. DH found the Escape the roomiest of the two, but the price for all the features has the Mazda winning.

So sorry about your accident Ame. I was car huntING spring this year and i was between the Ford escape, Mini Countryman, Subaru Crosstrek and Mazda CX5.

I ended up deciding between the CX5 and the escape. It helped that i was at a dealership that sold both so i was able to really compare side to side. Despite the 5 year higher cost of ownership, i decided on a 2014 Mazda CX5 AWD Grand Touring. I originally was going to go with the reg Touring, but the extra features in the GT really helped push me towards it. I also got the back up sensors added. I liked the Ford escape but for me, there was too much going on inside (TECHNOLOGY WISE). I also liked the look of the Mazda better, i liked that it was more simple inside. Not very good reasons for choosing one car or another, but that was my reasoning..LOL.

I was a honda girl but just can't get past the look of the CRV. Also other cars seem to have more features for the money. I LOVE my blind spot monitoring. It's probably my favorite feature. I had a run in with the smart city braking system a few days ago and i nearly peed my pants, it scared the bejeebus out of me! Let us know what you decide!!!
See I am the opposite, I LIKE the added technology! lol

We'd be getting the GT also, and possibly also the sensors. RE the citysmart smartcitywhatever: How does the citysmart braking work? Does it just scream at you or does it brake for you?

LoveLikeCrazy

Brilliant_Rock
ame|1411333868|3754926 said:

We'd be getting the GT also, and possibly also the sensors. RE the citysmart smartcitywhatever: How does the citysmart braking work? Does it just scream at you or does it brake for you?

Well, at first i thought the feature just wasn't working...LOL My husband has an infiniti q50 and his automatically senses the car in front of you and brakes...so i expected mine to be the same. But the Mazda one isn't as comprehensive. Apparently, it only brakes if you do not have your foot on the gas or the brake and are going at very low speeds (between 5-20mph i think). The only time i had it go off was going into my apt complex, i routinely drive towards the garage as it is opening and i guess once it thought i would hit it...so it stopped super abrupt and in the areas where it tells you how many miles til empty, mpg etc it had big orange letters that says SCBS applied or something like that...LOL

FYI, the sensors are not integrated with the camera at all. it just makes the noise as you get closer to an object and it doesn't show you on the backup camera screen which side of the car is close to hitting something. They did not tell me this when i ordered the sensors and i was pretty peeved to know they wouldn't be integrated...i would have gotten the front sensors and not the back since you can kinda tell if you are gonna hit something with JUST the camera.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
LoveLikeCrazy|1411335612|3754944 said:
ame|1411333868|3754926 said:

Well, at first i thought the feature just wasn't working...LOL My husband has an infiniti q50 and his automatically senses the car in front of you and brakes...so i expected mine to be the same. But the Mazda one isn't as comprehensive. Apparently, it only brakes if you do not have your foot on the gas or the brake and are going at very low speeds (between 5-20mph i think). The only time i had it go off was going into my apt complex, i routinely drive towards the garage as it is opening and i guess once it thought i would hit it...so it stopped super abrupt and in the areas where it tells you how many miles til empty, mpg etc it had big orange letters that says SCBS applied or something like that...LOL

FYI, the sensors are not integrated with the camera at all. it just makes the noise as you get closer to an object and it doesn't show you on the backup camera screen which side of the car is close to hitting something. They did not tell me this when i ordered the sensors and i was pretty peeved to know they wouldn't be integrated...i would have gotten the front sensors and not the back since you can kinda tell if you are gonna hit something with JUST the camera.
They told us the sensors are aftermarket, so that's why we probably won't get those.

But the braking system...wow. Yea that would scare me to death. I am glad it works, but holy crap.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Not on your list but I just bought a 2013 Mazda cx-5 grand touring. I test drove the rav4 (cheap finishes, kinda boring) and the crv (strange vibration, horrible blind spot). As PITA it is test driving was KEY for me. I would have thought I would get the crv so was shocked I hated driving it. I like the cx-5 because you get more for your money, blind spot monitoring is amazing, as well as the mpg (I am getting almost 30 miles per gallon). Like another poster mentioned also very high safety ratings. Good luck on your search.

kathley

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Ame, I am sorry that you went through such a bad accident experience! Was it on 255/21 area by chance as there are what seems to be bad accidents there almost every day. I have a 2014 Ford Escape and I absolutely love it! The ride is solid, and the technology of Sync with my Ford touch is outstanding and I use it every time I drive. The back-up camera has been a God send to me as well.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
kathley|1411340260|3754969 said:
Ame, I am sorry that you went through such a bad accident experience! Was it on 255/21 area by chance as there are what seems to be bad accidents there almost every day. I have a 2014 Ford Escape and I absolutely love it! The ride is solid, and the technology of Sync with my Ford touch is outstanding and I use it every time I drive. The back-up camera has been a God send to me as well.
No it was actually at Truman and Lafayette! Yknow how Truman becomes that on-ramp to 55SB? That's where it was. There are tons there as well, because people can't manage merging at that intersect or freak out that they don't know it's an on ramp or that they have to turn right to go to that weird 44 on ramp.

I do hate the 255/270/Butler Hill area and the 255/21 area like crazy. My mom got rear-ended in the stretch between 21/55 on 270 a few years ago HARD by some kid going way too fast when it was a dead stop, who then left the scene. He got caught thankfully, but it freaked her out for years. She's still jumpy.

I pretty much am taking the "Lindbergh tour" of stealerships right now. Started at Sinclair and going up the road now. I smashed my face all over windows yesterday, and Weiss had literally nothing new on their lot to check out. Which was...stupid. Neither really did Leta Acura. Which was a wasted stop. Well not really because I got Baskin Robbins. haha It did make me sad that Spanky's closed.

I am going to attempt to drive the Buick and GMC today after the rush hour if possible, and MAYBE the Rav4 if it doesn't get dark, and tomorrow might head to try the Forester. I should have my list whittled down by Wed. Right now the Ford is the top, with the Mazda a close second but after I drive a few more that will likely jumble it.

kathley

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
There are tons of accidents at Truman and Lafayette area and I almost got rear ended there a year ago. If you are leaning towards the Ford Escape after you test drive the others, Suntrup Ford in Kirkwood beat everyone's price by thousands, even Sinclair's price. And I have been meaning to tell you that we are now hooked on Mr. Wizard's frozen custard after reading your previous posts! :lol:

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
kathley|1411408741|3755321 said:
There are tons of accidents at Truman and Lafayette area and I almost got rear ended there a year ago. If you are leaning towards the Ford Escape after you test drive the others, Suntrup Ford in Kirkwood beat everyone's price by thousands, even Sinclair's price. And I have been meaning to tell you that we are now hooked on Mr. Wizard's frozen custard after reading your previous posts! :lol:
HAH, it is SO GOOD. Not that Drewes isn't but I love a good twist from Mr. Wizards.

Interesting! My parents were really happy with Sunset, but I might check out Suntrup. I only went to Sinclair because we had to go to Home Depot so I could finally get the light fixture and tile for the basement bathroom. Since my parents went for the Ford TestDrives, it was just easy to knock it all out. I wanted to go to do the GMC and Buick and maybe Toyota right after work today, but with Rush Hour I dunno if that's a great idea. Lindbergh is a damn parking lot.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just wanted to say that I have a Toyota Venza which is between the Highlander and the Rav4 in size. Mine was pretty much maxed out and fit within your parameters. In fact, it has things I now wish I didn't pay for! I don't use it's navigation because it is easier for me to use my iPhone for that!

kathley

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
ame|1411412492|3755353 said:
HAH, it is SO GOOD. Not that Drewes isn't but I love a good twist from Mr. Wizards.

Interesting! My parents were really happy with Sunset, but I might check out Suntrup. I only went to Sinclair because we had to go to Home Depot so I could finally get the light fixture and tile for the basement bathroom. Since my parents went for the Ford TestDrives, it was just easy to knock it all out. I wanted to go to do the GMC and Buick and maybe Toyota right after work today, but with Rush Hour I dunno if that's a great idea. Lindbergh is a damn parking lot.

I went to Sunset too, they were very nice, but would not budge much on the price. Sinclair was the worst. If you can get off from work an hour early, it would help. Lindbergh's traffic is HORRIBLE!!!

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
kathley|1411415448|3755394 said:
ame|1411412492|3755353 said:

I went to Sunset too, they were very nice, but would not budge much on the price. Sinclair was the worst. If you can get off from work an hour early, it would help. Lindbergh's traffic is HORRIBLE!!!
My parents went in with a number to Sunset and they were about $250 apart actually, they met in the middle and my parents are pretty happy.

Sinclair participates in the Costco program, so I have a suspicion we could work with that. We're both good at walking away. I have no problem going somewhere else since I know we can pay what the dealer invoice will be with the Costco number.

kathley

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Looking forward to hearing which car you chose and how the Costco program worked out!

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
We drove the Buick Encore and the GMC Terrain tonight (Sinclair, not sure if we'd buy from them...) We eliminated the Buick pretty quick. It's a nice car inside but it's narrow and tall and short. It made me feel like I was in a slightly larger SmartCar. All the cargo hold is gone for the seats. DH had lots of leg and headroom but felt squished side to side.

The GMC was nice though but it is really expensive, so it's like...tied with the Ford for features, I guess, and price. Both are pretty much the same price. (INSANE.) I like the Ford a hair better I think simply for features and cargo space. Both the Ford and GMC have the power liftgates, with various nice amenties to open them. The Buick did not have a power liftgate which is stupid for that price, but it also had what amounts to zero cargo area.

There was an ENORMOUS amount of human space in that GMC though. We do like OnStar a lot, so that counts quite a bit, since the SYNC thing was kind of Fords way of playing catchup, and it works independent of your phone, which Sync requires to work in emergencies.

I like the GM/OnStar app, where you can lock and unlock, remote start. Ford has one of those i-key fobs and remote start, as does the Mazda. I don't like that the GMC and Buick needed a "real key" that you have to turn in the ignition, esp with that serious recall. They need pushbutton or i-keys. That is a huge con for me. Both were very smooth but the Ford is a hair smoother, I think, though I didn't take the same route with those as I did with the Ford (255/Koch/Forder/Lemay), I followed the Honda/Mazda route (VonTalge/Concord School/Tesson/Lindbergh/270).

However the GMC has a V6 and that's a nice plus. Ford doesn't offer a V6 on the Escape, nor does Mazda on the CX5.

We are going to try to get a Rav4 and a Subaru in this week too, DH wants to be there for both. Then we need to see what we think from there to whittle down since we'll have completed the list. I think we need to redrive an Escape so he can be in it, though we might do that at Sunset so he we can not keep going to Sinclair.

kathley

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
ame|1411434842|3755536 said:
We drove the Buick Encore and the GMC Terrain tonight (Sinclair, not sure if we'd buy from them...) We eliminated the Buick pretty quick. It's a nice car inside but it's narrow and tall and short. It made me feel like I was in a slightly larger SmartCar. All the cargo hold is gone for the seats. DH had lots of leg and headroom but felt squished side to side.

The GMC was nice though but it is really expensive, so it's like...tied with the Ford for features, I guess, and price. Both are pretty much the same price. (INSANE.) I like the Ford a hair better I think simply for features and cargo space. Both the Ford and GMC have the power liftgates, with various nice amenties to open them. The Buick did not have a power liftgate which is stupid for that price, but it also had what amounts to zero cargo area.

There was an ENORMOUS amount of human space in that GMC though. We do like OnStar a lot, so that counts quite a bit, since the SYNC thing was kind of Fords way of playing catchup, and it works independent of your phone, which Sync requires to work in emergencies.

I like the GM/OnStar app, where you can lock and unlock, remote start. Ford has one of those i-key fobs and remote start, as does the Mazda. I don't like that the GMC and Buick needed a "real key" that you have to turn in the ignition, esp with that serious recall. They need pushbutton or i-keys. That is a huge con for me. Both were very smooth but the Ford is a hair smoother, I think, though I didn't take the same route with those as I did with the Ford (255/Koch/Forder/Lemay), I followed the Honda/Mazda route (VonTalge/Concord School/Tesson/Lindbergh/270).

However the GMC has a V6 and that's a nice plus. Ford doesn't offer a V6 on the Escape, nor does Mazda on the CX5.

We are going to try to get a Rav4 and a Subaru in this week too, DH wants to be there for both. Then we need to see what we think from there to whittle down since we'll have completed the list. I think we need to redrive an Escape so he can be in it, though we might do that at Sunset so he we can not keep going to Sinclair.

You are test driving the same vehicles that we did too, except for the Subaru. There is give and take on these cars and what made it difficult for us was that they were all at the top end of what we were thinking about spending. I found a little review on the Escape's engine, since you mentioned the lack of V6 on the Ford. When we test drove the Escape (255/Koch/Forder/Lemay and Manchester/Woodlawn/Subdivisions and then Lindbergh/Gravois) on smooth surfaces and bumpier subdivision surfaces, there was a significant difference felt in the engine performances of the 2.0 and 1.6 L ecoboost vs. the 2.5 L. Loved the 2.0 and 1.6 L ecoboost as they really moved when I gave it a stop to start test. Hated the 2.5 L engine.

"The 2.0-liter engine is not just a bigger version of the 1.6-liter. Although both are turbocharged, direct-injected, 16-valve, aluminum four-cylinders, they're from different engine families; the 1.6 is the older Sigma design, the 2.0 comes from the Duratec family. The 2.0 feels like a V6, compared to the 1.6. Using different turbochargers, the 1.6 has a steeper torque curve, further adding to its quickness and visceral feel. The 1.6 makes 184 pound-feet or torque at 2500 rpm, while the 2.0 makes 270 pound-feet at 3000. We can't say we felt that big a difference. The bigger engine would be better if you tow anything. Properly equipped, the 2.0 Escape can tow 3500 pounds, which is a lot for a four-cylinder compact SUV."

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
oh that's good to know. Where did you read that? I think we'd probably go for the 2.0L but I haven't gotten really that far. I hate that the dealers close at 6 today bec I don't really want to drive a car in rush hour.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks!
kathley|1411483855|3755701 said:
Here you go...

http://www.newcartestdrive.com/review-drive.cfm?Vehicle=2014_Ford_Escape&ReviewID=5320

another decent article that compares 2.0 l to 1.6 l ecoboost

http://motorreview.com/2014-ford-escape-titanium-2-0l-1-6l-ecoboost/

I wouldn't want to drive a new car in rush hour either, but I guess it will give you a feel for responsiveness if you need it!
True! I just don't trust anyone to not cream it.

We are thinking the GMC is too expensive. To get the blind spot option you need to get the Denali, which has stuff I don't really want, but it's the only way to get that feature. And it's 40k sticker, which is ridiculous, and likely you won't get below about 36k.

kathley

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
ame|1411485803|3755722 said:
Thanks!
kathley|1411483855|3755701 said:
Here you go...

http://www.newcartestdrive.com/review-drive.cfm?Vehicle=2014_Ford_Escape&ReviewID=5320

another decent article that compares 2.0 l to 1.6 l ecoboost

http://motorreview.com/2014-ford-escape-titanium-2-0l-1-6l-ecoboost/

I wouldn't want to drive a new car in rush hour either, but I guess it will give you a feel for responsiveness if you need it!
True! I just don't trust anyone to not cream it.

We are thinking the GMC is too expensive. To get the blind spot option you need to get the Denali, which has stuff I don't really want, but it's the only way to get that feature. And it's 40k sticker, which is ridiculous, and likely you won't get below about 36k.

The GMC 40K sticker to get the blind spot option is crazy ridiculous! I have the small convex mirrors in the upper corners of the sideview mirrors which catch nearly everything in the lanes at your rear quarter panels, more accurately than any electronic blind-spot warning system that constantly sends false alarms (which they all tend to do). Ford has an option group ($1,295) includes a Blind Spot Information System, rain-sensing wipers, high-intensity-discharge headlights, and Ford's Active Park Assist.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Someone, maybe Ame, mentioned v6. What exactly does that do other than make a car...zippier? I know it's a type of engine, different than a 4 cylinder, but I don't know much more. How much more, on average, would you say it adds to the price of the car and gas?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results