carat
color
clarity

sell me on CS solitaires!

petit_bijou

Shiny_Rock
HotPozzum|1408570917|3736403 said:
petit_bijou|1408376527|3734827 said:
My engagement ring is a lavender spinel set in a very simple white gold solitaire, and I adore it. I do sometimes think about re-setting it in something that has a little more detail, but I'm going to wait and see how I like it with bands before I commit.

img_0007_2.jpg

img_0017_2.jpg

Every time I see that stone I die a little inside with envy! Tis truly the most perfect lavender stone I've ever seen... :love:

Thank you so much HotPozzum, alexah and burntskye 8) I've been on a bit of a PS hiatus and hadn't seen these comments until now.

I feel so so lucky to have it. It's exactly what I had always wanted, and it was so serendipitous the way it founds its way into my hands.

I do hope CS solitaires become more popular! There are some fantastic examples in this thread!!

kimpnoth

Rough_Rock
What about a "sticky" thread for solitaire colored stones? I would love to be able to browse those in one place. Being a newer member, I'm not sure I want to start it, but if more established members think it might have traction, I'd be a willing participant (as soon as I get my stones back from the jeweler).

iLander

Ideal_Rock
Here is my ring that got me to join PS; the bubblegum ring. :appl:

The search was for a big, RED stone, and after a year of hunting, Barry ran into an 8 mm garnet with a lot of chrome.

I like the simple, happy stone, and I can't imagine it haloed. I think it would take away from it. If I want to go fancy, I'd wear it with a diamond band, but I like it best as it is.

It's thread: [URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/the-bubblegum-ring-is-set.153383/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/the-bubblegum-ring-is-set.153383/[/URL]

_22572.jpg

tednring.jpg

bubblegumring.jpg

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
^^^ I. WANT. THAT.

Seriously, I love it. Garnets just sing to me, as do solitaires, and that red is to die for. Definitely one of the prettiest garnets I've seen. :love:

lambskin

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a beautiful and really a stunning garnet. I am so surprised how many different hues and levels of brightness in red garnets. Some can look so brown as others so purple. Most I have seen are dark. We have been in India and Nepal where garnets are super cheap compared to the prices we paid in the Czech Republic. I have not seen one so spectacular. Love the setting too. :appl:

iLander

Ideal_Rock
Thank you, Kelli and lambskin! :wavey:

I had a standing order with all the various cutters, and after about a year, Barry told me he had a red garnet with a huge amount of Chrome in it. The chrome intensifies the colors in a gem. He said it was very rare, and the last time he had run into one was 20+ years earlier. But that one was very small. He knew I was after this one, but he put it into his standard gem drop and i had to grab it fast.

So, that's how you get the gems you want: ask the cutters to keep an eye out, politely remind them every few months, cross your fingers, and be patient. And half the time, even all that doesn't work. :)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results