shape
carat
color
clarity

help: find a cluster setting

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I swear like 2 years ago i could find a setting like this for my budget no problem, now i feel like they are all 2k!

I couldnt care less about what in the center, black sapphire, amethyst, whatever. I would just prefer it to be round or oval (though dont hold back if you find a differnt one) and a decent size center stone without being redic.

id spend 500 ish on it, maybe more depending on the quality, has anybody seen any good ones for a fair price? considering the center stone can be garbage and all? Obviously this example has huge diamonds, I dont need that size, but it was a good example of the style im looking for.

Any help would be cool. You guys are the best!

emerald_cluster.jpg

emerald_cluster2.jpg

needfullshinythings

Shiny_Rock
Hi Niel, That's the ring Meely was considering !!!
If you are in the UK it shouldn't be a problem finding something like that in your price range, but if your in the US then it might be a different story.

Go back and look at the original thread Meely did and you will see a couple of rings I posted pics of, I pick them up all the time.
I also had a separate thread on the coloured stones forum regarding a large dark black sapphire cluster ring with large diamonds like Meely's, I decided to let it go because of the cost of replacing the centre stone. It was sold for less than you think !!!!

The Emerald ring I showed pics of has recently come up for sale and as a whole ring it falls well into your price range, if you are in the UK let me know and I will keep my eye out for you.

Yes you are right that there are fewer rings available right now because everyone is snapping them up for the same reason you want one, but if you do some leg work they are out there.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh yes I remember meelys search!

Yes sadly I'm in the US.all the cluster rings I can find in eBay or ruby lane in my range seem to be very 80s and both cheap/not my style. So far there is one turquoise one I saw. But it was a tad more than I wanted.

I'm replacing the stone and I'll have it recut to whatever shape, bit I wanted to avoid a bezel for that reason

needfullshinythings

Shiny_Rock
Your main problem is online searching as the rings on offer have all kinds of premiums attached and are basically overpriced because of this IMO.
The best way is doing the shop searches instead but this is obviously time consuming and only possible if you have the spare time.

I do have the spare time and have turned it into a hobby which has benefitted both family & friends enormously.
Its a shame you didn't see the sapphire ring I have just let go because that would have been perfect for you.

Heres some pics of a couple of the rings I have recently bought/sold including the sapphire 1.

The next time I find one like the sapphire ring I will give you a shout.

img_5610.jpg

img_5611.jpg

img_5612.jpg

img_5613.jpg

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have the time to search stores but doesn't seem any in my local area would have such a product. What kind d of stores do you go to?

Have you successfully replaced any of the bezeled center stones?

Oh and yes I remember that black sapphire one you had!

needfullshinythings

Shiny_Rock
I mostly frequent the small family run/independent jewellers that are out of the main town/cities, All of the chain stores operate in the main town centres so theres no point going there. I will also pop into pawn shops & even the new " cash for trash " outlets as even these have some quality items, sadly the employees put me off going in more often than not !!!

I wont buy a bezel set piece if the stone is damaged/dreadful because of the work involved changing it but that sapphire ring was screaming out for someone with a healthy budget to transform it. Approx 4ct stone, too much for me.

You might not believe this but I only paid approx. $500 for that ring, I saw inferior similar pieces on sale asking $2500-$3500 0nline !!!

Yes I do appreciate that I may have got lucky when I found it but it does prove they are out there, if not in the US sadly.

Like I said before, the next time I find 1 like it I will give you a shout :wavey:

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

sonyachancs

Shiny_Rock
Niel! I feel - looking over your posts, that I have very similar taste in jewelry to you - and a cluster setting is on my list!

looking forward to seeing what you dig up :D

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results