carat
color
clarity

The Forum Engagement Ring Folder/Eye Candy

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
chloe88|1408781145|3737988 said:
My boyfriend, now fiance, proposed last week!
Mine is a 1.11 carat, si2, very good cut on ring size 5 ; HCA 1.4
It is so incredibly sparkly and love it to death :)

Gorgeous ring chloe88! :love: I love 'em big and blingy lol! You must be thrilled, congrats! :appl:

diamondliz

Rough_Rock
Trade
Just got my marquise diamond back from the jeweler. Redesigned with a double halo and my original princess cut side diamonds channel set down the shoulders. I love it!!!

2014-08-23_12.jpg

lnl001

Rough_Rock
^^^ "diamondliz
Applause!! Nicely done!

thecat

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
diamondliz|1408816833|3738131 said:
Just got my marquise diamond back from the jeweler. Redesigned with a double halo and my original princess cut side diamonds channel set down the shoulders. I love it!!!

Gorgeous reset!

chloe88

Rough_Rock
Premium
junebug17 said:
chloe88|1408781145|3737988 said:
My boyfriend, now fiance, proposed last week!
Mine is a 1.11 carat, si2, very good cut on ring size 5 ; HCA 1.4
It is so incredibly sparkly and love it to death :)

Gorgeous ring chloe88! :love: I love 'em big and blingy lol! You must be thrilled, congrats! :appl:

Thank you Junebug17! I'm afraid the shrinking diamond syndrome has already started tho! :lol:

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Noooo - Chloe - impossible - that's so big and blingy! People must compliment it all the time!!!

Laurajmu

Rough_Rock
Finally!! My 2.3 G SI2 Oval engagement ring, with a romantic Hawaiian water's edge proposal to boot :) unfortunately, I am extremely nearsighted and can spot 2 inclusions, but I hope they aren't obvious to others. The bow tie seems reasonable, but I am new at all this....regardless, I LOVE it!!!

_21646.jpg

_21647.jpg

_21648.jpg

chloe88

Rough_Rock
Premium
Laurajmu said:
Finally!! My 2.3 G SI2 Oval engagement ring, with a romantic Hawaiian water's edge proposal to boot :) unfortunately, I am extremely nearsighted and can spot 2 inclusions, but I hope they aren't obvious to others. The bow tie seems reasonable, but I am new at all this....regardless, I LOVE it!!!

Lovely! I think ovals are so classy! I can't see anything but sparkle :love:
Now I wish I had considered ovals too lol
Congrats on your engagement, the proposal sounds wonderful!!:appl:

chloe88

Rough_Rock
Premium
motownmama, thank you for your kind words
Now I finally understand why diamonds are considered a girl's best friend :lol:

Laurajmu

Rough_Rock
Thanks Chloe88! I love yours as well---so graceful and sparkly on your pretty hand! I gave fiance the option of cushion or oval but for sure wanted a pave band. I wanted to leave some element of surprise. I also already feel big time ring-envy looking at some of the beauties the ladies here enjoy! Maybe for 10 yr upgrade.....

HappyNewLife

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My soon-to-be Fiancee's 1.7 carat GIA XXX, G, SI1 (eye-clean), HCA 1.4

166.jpg
photo_2_100.jpg photo_2__8_.jpg photo_1_110.jpg

Geebee625

Rough_Rock
Beautiful! Can I ask which setting that is?

lnl001

Rough_Rock
gorgeous! you've done very well! When will you ask?

cdonnae

Rough_Rock
cdonnae|1397432277|3652943 said:
First time poster! :) My now fiance and I received the ring a month ago but I had to wait until the official proposal (yesterday!!) to post pics of my AMAZING engagement ring!

AGS 0/0/0 1.16ct N color VS2 August Vintage cushion! It is an amazing diamond and Good Old Gold even created a custom setting for us. They were incredible through the whole process and were so patient as I worked with them for 4 weeks on the ring!

I'm sorry for all of the pics but it's such a chameleon, it looks so different depending on the lighting!

So I posted back in April when my fiance proposed with my gorgeous engagement ring... about a month ago, we were looking around online just for fun (I find researching diamonds/gemstones fun, anyway) and we came across alexandrite. He loved the stone and its color change properties, and suggested we add some natural alexandrite to my ring. I didn't argue. :) Fortunately there had been a few PS threads on how to find legit natural alexandrite, and so we ended up working with David from multicolour.com - he was great! We actually preferred the lighter color brazilian alexandrite (I know that the richer, darker colored stones are preferred and more valuable, but we weren't a big fan of the high contrast between that and my diamond, which is definitely a warmer color anyway - we're not very orthodox when it comes to colors of stones I guess!) and so it was relatively affordable.

We worked with Quest Fine Jewelers in the DC metro area on the setting, and they were amazing, and the ring is absolutely flawless. Oddly enough, I couldn't find any pictures of rings with a center diamond and two alexandrite stones flanking it anywhere online, so it was definitely a surprise to see how it turned out! I've already seen the stones change from green, to turquoise and grey blue, to dark blue and purple. Can't wait to see the purple-pink in candlelight! My AVC plays off of the alexandrite's colors, so it looks different every time. I can't stop staring at it!

The face-on picture is outside in morning daylight, and the second is setting profile. No filters/editing on either (except adjusted brightness on the ring profile, so the details of the setting were easier to see).

2014-08-28_09.png

2014-08-28_0.png

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
cdonnae|1409238444|3740730 said:
cdonnae|1397432277|3652943 said:
First time poster! :) My now fiance and I received the ring a month ago but I had to wait until the official proposal (yesterday!!) to post pics of my AMAZING engagement ring!

AGS 0/0/0 1.16ct N color VS2 August Vintage cushion! It is an amazing diamond and Good Old Gold even created a custom setting for us. They were incredible through the whole process and were so patient as I worked with them for 4 weeks on the ring!

I'm sorry for all of the pics but it's such a chameleon, it looks so different depending on the lighting!

So I posted back in April when my fiance proposed with my gorgeous engagement ring... about a month ago, we were looking around online just for fun (I find researching diamonds/gemstones fun, anyway) and we came across alexandrite. He loved the stone and its color change properties, and suggested we add some natural alexandrite to my ring. I didn't argue. :) Fortunately there had been a few PS threads on how to find legit natural alexandrite, and so we ended up working with David from multicolour.com - he was great! We actually preferred the lighter color brazilian alexandrite (I know that the richer, darker colored stones are preferred and more valuable, but we weren't a big fan of the high contrast between that and my diamond, which is definitely a warmer color anyway - we're not very orthodox when it comes to colors of stones I guess!) and so it was relatively affordable.

We worked with Quest Fine Jewelers in the DC metro area on the setting, and they were amazing, and the ring is absolutely flawless. Oddly enough, I couldn't find any pictures of rings with a center diamond and two alexandrite stones flanking it anywhere online, so it was definitely a surprise to see how it turned out! I've already seen the stones change from green, to turquoise and grey blue, to dark blue and purple. Can't wait to see the purple-pink in candlelight! My AVC plays off of the alexandrite's colors, so it looks different every time. I can't stop staring at it!

The face-on picture is outside in morning daylight, and the second is setting profile. No filters/editing on either (except adjusted brightness on the ring profile, so the details of the setting were easier to see).

cdonnae-

That's the most exquisite ring! Really creative, unusual, individual and STUNNING! Love it!! :love: :love: :love:

cdonnae

Rough_Rock
Thank you so much mrs-blop!! :) I love it. Was able to catch some pictures of the color change, though I'm still waiting to see the pink!

collage_1.png

woofmama

Ideal_Rock
cdonnae|1409359401|3741768 said:
Thank you so much mrs-blop!! :) I love it. Was able to catch some pictures of the color change, though I'm still waiting to see the pink!

I love this!!!!!!!!!!!! I want a three stone with an AVC center & think the alexandrites were an excellent & unique idea :appl:

cdonnae

Rough_Rock
Thanks so much!! Wish I could take all the credit but have to admit it was all my fi's doing! :lol:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, that is incredible, cdonnae! If you haven't already, you need to make your own thread on Show Me the Bling! Not many people will see your ring here!

cdonnae

Rough_Rock
Thanks diamondseeker2006!! I haven't, but I will now! :)

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow Cdonnae, Your ring is gorgeous. I love the color you chose for the side stones. I'm sure you receive compliments daily on this beauty.

LightBright

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Junebug, your sapphire ring is being added to my "most coveted rings on Pricescope list". It's such a gorgeous profile (I viewed it in your other post), the deep color of the sapphire is so beautiful contrasting with the bright white surrounding halo diamonds, and the shape and design so feminine and delicate. What an inspiring ring! Thank you for sharing!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lightbright, thank you SO much for the positive comments, your words are among the nicest remarks I've received during my time on PS! I'm honored you like my ring, thank you!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
junebug17|1410100364|3746437 said:
Here's my new sapphire and diamond cluster ring from DBL

Junebug, your sapphire ring is lovely. I love the color of your sapphire. :appl:

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Marcy, thank you for that! I really appreciate it =)

kathley

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
junebug, I just keep looking at your gorgeous sapphire and diamond ring. It is such a classic look, but the rich blue color of your sapphire takes it to another level!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
kathley|1411051719|3753138 said:
junebug, I just keep looking at your gorgeous sapphire and diamond ring. It is such a classic look, but the rich blue color of your sapphire takes it to another level!

Thank you so much Kathley! This is my first CS ring and I'm really enjoying it!

jemo

Rough_Rock
My engagment ring and wedding eternity band!

img_5575.jpg

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
jemo - lovely! Start a dedicated thread on Show me the Ring!!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results