shape
carat
color
clarity

Cushion Earrings

bgray

Brilliant_Rock
Here are my new GOG AVC cushions. I am trying to decide exactly what I want for a mounting. Here are two design ideas..any input would be appreciated. I want very vintage but not prim or fussy. I want a square or carre cut stone and I love the little stones in tubes around the perimeter.

gog_avcs.jpg

blackened_pave_diamonds.jpg

demantoid_diamond_0.jpg

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
How large are the stones and are you looking for daily wear or special occasion? That would impact the design direction IMO.

bgray

Brilliant_Rock
yennyfire|1411177063|3754102 said:
How large are the stones and are you looking for daily wear or special occasion? That would impact the design direction IMO.

.60 ish each and relatively everyday

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
For everyday, what about a design with bezels? You have to use your imagination a little, but here are some Caleb Meyer designs that might be pretty with AVC's in platinum...

Most of the earrings I have saved that I like best are too similar to your current earrings.

2649.jpg

2103.jpg

3596.jpg

bgray

Brilliant_Rock
diamondseeker2006|1411182628|3754150 said:
For everyday, what about a design with bezels? You have to use your imagination a little, but here are some Caleb Meyer designs that might be pretty with AVC's in platinum...

Most of the earrings I have saved that I like best are too similar to your current earrings.

Thanks! I am really struggling...........do I do metal bezel with or without accent stones?

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like the second and third Caleb Meyer designs diamondseeker posted. My personal favorite is the second, and I'd suspend them from french wires rather than posts. I wouldn't accent them with square or carre cut stones, however - I think it would contrast too much with the luscious cushionyness of your AVC's. So I'd accent with either a single round stone, as in the second pair DS posted, or a trio of small, bezel-set diamonds mimicking the 3-ball detail at the bottom of the last pair or earrings DS posted.

bgray

Brilliant_Rock
your thoughts:

left would be cushion in center, calibre diamonds, and demantoids in the bezels. the right would be metal bezel with two step cut triangles top and bottom. sorry for the awful upside down drawings

imag0016.jpg

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like the one with the round bezels on the outside better than the other. I think that would be a lot different from the pair you currently have. I do like the metal bezel on the other, but I just don't like the triangular diamonds with a cushion.

I sincerely love these diamonds and have some on my wishlist now! You were very lucky to find a matched pair!

bgray

Brilliant_Rock
diamondseeker2006|1411271056|3754649 said:
I like the one with the round bezels on the outside better than the other. I think that would be a lot different from the pair you currently have. I do like the metal bezel on the other, but I just don't like the triangular diamonds with a cushion.

I sincerely love these diamonds and have some on my wishlist now! You were very lucky to find a matched pair!

Thanks--I agree. Do you think I need the calibre diamonds around the cushion? I fear the little rounds in green without a row of square diamonds in between will make the earrings too small. They arent a perfect match but close. .60 ish, D color. Once set the slight shape difference wont be obvious

RandG

Brilliant_Rock
I love your stones and using cushions will make your earrings extra unique! These remind me of a pair of earrings I saw a while ago which can be recreated as a stud or on a short wire (which I prefer for a little extra drama). I've also seen these done with an onyx or sapphire halo which gives really nice definition and contrast to the center stone. Congratulations and good luck with your project-- can't wait to see what you decide to do.

bgray

Brilliant_Rock
RandG|1411298184|3754707 said:
I love your stones and using cushions will make your earrings extra unique! These remind me of a pair of earrings I saw a while ago which can be recreated as a stud or on a short wire (which I prefer for a little extra drama). I've also seen these done with an onyx or sapphire halo which gives really nice definition and contrast to the center stone. Congratulations and good luck with your project-- can't wait to see what you decide to do.

gorgeous i love a short wire too!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results