color
clarity

Random pictures/stories of our furbabies

• Thread starter Deactivated member 42515
  • Start date

Kelinas

Shiny_Rock
Re: Random pictures/stories of our furbabies

callie- yes it's the same vaccine. Smaller dogs get the worst of the side effects. My dog was about 30 lbs when she first got the vaccine and it was horrible. She had a painful rash on her stomach, an abscess on the injection site. And swelling. I swore never again.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Kelinas, Thank you so much for telling me this. My dog is 7 pounds and had a reaction to her rabies shot. She had severe food allergies and the vet said she may develop other allergies as well. I remember her saying it would have been risky to give my dog that vaccine. I actually thought about pushing for her to have it since we live on a pond and there are always geese and ducks in my backyard. I just got scared when I heard the side effects. I never let my dog out back because of the geese so I think she will be fine. I can only imagine how scared you have been the past few days. Having a sick pet makes you feel so helpless.

Kelinas

Shiny_Rock

I'm glad you have a vet that seems to care. :clap:

Dh wants the vaccine
I told him that vaccinating her is divorce
Material, I pray he's not that stupid.

The issue with standing water is when the animals urinate in the water.
I think part of my issue is how much morning dew we have here.

Day 4 since she's been sick,
4/14 pills into her antibiotic cycle.
Drastic differences - her appetite is back!
I'm slowly increasing her food since she went almost 3 days without it.
Still being a good girl and drinking lots of water.

You can tell she feels better since she doesn't want the food with the medicine in it! :D

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Kelinas|1410143491|3746771 said:

Dh wants the vaccine

You can tell she feels better since she doesn't want the food with the medicine in it! :D

That is great news Kelinas!!! Sending good thoughts and PS dust her way for continued progress to 100% recovery and good health. :appl:

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Hi Kelinas, it sounds like she is starting to come out of this and the medicine is working. Hopefully she'll be back to herself soon. I've been worried about her and thankful she's doing so much better!

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Atticus is 6 months old and 17 lbs. My baby is growing up too fast :((

sofa2.jpg

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Matata, do you mind we asking what kind of cat Atticus is? He's beautiful.

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Calliecake|1410290945|3747868 said:

He is an F1 Savannah cat. Sweetest little soul I ever met.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Matata|1410291071|3747870 said:
Calliecake|1410290945|3747868 said:

He is an F1 Savannah cat. Sweetest little soul I ever met.

Can F1s make babies?

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium

tyty333|1410291399|3747875 said:
Can F1s make babies?

Females can. Males are sterile usually through the 4th generation although there are some rare F4 males who are fertile.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Thank you Matata, I just read up on this type of cat. I had never heard of or seen one before. They are so beautiful!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

sturgeon123456|1409910730|3745275 said:
Meet Champ :)

img_1527_copy.jpg

Champ is such a handsome pup sturgeon! Love him, what a sweetie!!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Matata|1410292308|3747887 said:
tyty333|1410291399|3747875 said:
Can F1s make babies?

Females can. Males are sterile usually through the 4th generation although there are some rare F4 males who are fertile.

I didnt realize it was that far down the line until they were able to make babies. They sure are cute and look like they
would be lots of fun to play with!

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Kelinas|1410143491|3746771 said:

Dh wants the vaccine

Everything I've researched and what 4 different vets have confirmed: NEVER vaccinate a sick animal.

Perhaps that info will help redirect DH wanting to vaccinate?

alexah

Brilliant_Rock

How is your pup doing today, Kelinas? I keep hoping to hear that she's back to her old happy, healthy self!
:wavey:

Kelinas

Shiny_Rock

Even he knows not to vaccinate when sick,

I just don't want that vaccination, period.

She's so much better! She'll run down the driveway and meet me at the gate when she hears me pulling up :)
She's not at 100 yet, and sometime in the next few weeks (when her meds are finished) we need to take her in to see just how much damage was done to her kidneys :(sad

Thank you for asking how she is - it's wonderful to know there are people who care about my little houdini

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Have him read Dr Goldstein and Dr Pitcairn 're vaccines, he won't want to after that.

A high five to you, the healer, and hugs to your sweet p u p.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Kelinas I'm so happy she is continuing to do well. I can imagine how much of a relief it is. Hopefully the additional tests that need to be run will have positive news as well. Please keep us posted on her progress. :angel:

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Kelinas|1410448189|3749030 said:
it's wonderful to know there are people who care about my little houdini

We're all terribly grateful she pulled through this, Kelinas!!!

Hugs,
Deb :wavey:

Kelinas

Shiny_Rock

AGBF|1410478586|3749351 said:
Kelinas|1410448189|3749030 said:
it's wonderful to know there are people who care about my little houdini

We're all terribly grateful she pulled through this, Kelinas!!!

Hugs,
Deb :wavey:

Thank you!

I got a call from my vet who informed me that my dog does not have leptospirosis

We have no idea what is wrong, but we do know that the antibiotics are helping her.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium

When will she be through taking the antibiotics? Thank goodness she is continuing to get well.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

So glad your sweet dog is doing well Kelinas! :appl: :appl: :appl:

Here is a pic of Bobby, just hanging out waiting for someone to play Scrabble with him. It's his favorite game. :cheeky:

scrabbleanyone.jpg

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock

Lily, our chocolate lab we co -own w the breeder, is now in her 3rd heat and as per our agreement, she will be breed next weekend. We have mixed feelings on this. Yes, we agreed to it when she was a little puppy of 2 months old - and "heats" and "breedings" were a lifetime away, but now that the time has come, I'd rather not do it!! :(sad

However, an agreement is an agreement and it will happen, so we are learning about the next stages for her. They are not sure if it will be AI or an actual mating (the breeder says that can be hard on the female but it has a higher success rate) and debating between 2 stud options - both of whom look like lovely future sons in law!!! haha!

Poor Lily, she doesn't have any idea about what's about to hit her....

img_5525.jpg

tbaus

Shiny_Rock

This thread makes me happy- so much love for our furbabies.

We welcomed Bodhi to our family earlier this year. This was my first puppy, so I had absolutely no idea what I was in for, or how quickly I'd fall in love with him. I have loved watching him experience the world and new adventures for the very first time. This is him the day after we brought him home, at about 10 weeks old I think?

bodhilittle.jpg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

tbaus|1411024204|3753002 said:
This thread makes me happy- so much love for our furbabies.

We welcomed Bodhi to our family earlier this year. This was my first puppy, so I had absolutely no idea what I was in for, or how quickly I'd fall in love with him. I have loved watching him experience the world and new adventures for the very first time. This is him the day after we brought him home, at about 10 weeks old I think?

OMG Bodhi is so crazy adorable!!! What a face. :love: Enjoy him and please post lots of pictures of him. :appl:

_22508.jpg

hippi_pixi

Brilliant_Rock

a few photos of my new foster baby Jasmine. All i know about her is she is about 2 yrs old and had at least 1 litter of kittens, desexed 3 days ago. She's quiet and low maintenance. give her a small amount of love and she will give it back 10fold. got her 2 nights ago, she spent all of yesterday sleeping in my closet but slept on the bed last night and is spending today following me around. she even checked on me when i was in the shower and ran up to me meowing when i got out, i suspect to check i wasn't hurt by the horrible horrible water. I hope she finds a loving home but we will keep her if she doesn't. DH usually hates cats but likes this one and says this is the best cat he's ever met.

img_5567.jpg

img_5568.jpg

img_5570.jpg

img_5573.jpg

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock

One of my rescues, Jiji

img_0128_0.jpg

fullsizerender_3.jpg

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Enerchi|1410618909|3750300 said:
Lily, our chocolate lab we co -own w the breeder, is now in her 3rd heat and as per our agreement, she will be breed next weekend. We have mixed feelings on this. Yes, we agreed to it when she was a little puppy of 2 months old - and "heats" and "breedings" were a lifetime away, but now that the time has come, I'd rather not do it!! :(sad

However, an agreement is an agreement and it will happen, so we are learning about the next stages for her. They are not sure if it will be AI or an actual mating (the breeder says that can be hard on the female but it has a higher success rate) and debating between 2 stud options - both of whom look like lovely future sons in law!!! haha!

Poor Lily, she doesn't have any idea about what's about to hit her....

With whom did you make the agreement, Enerchi? The breeder who sold her to you? Does the AI require an incision? I have been reading about Golden Retriever pregnancies on a Golden Retriever forum to which I belong and was horrified to learn that the frozen sperm option apparently involves an incision. (Why?) I know nothing about breeding, but am learning more from my forum. If you do not want to put your puppy through this, I would not.

I guess I am wondering if you could buy her from the breeder.

Deb/AGBF

Sunstorm

Brilliant_Rock
Trade

Ooh, I hate what they do to poor dogs, it is horrifying. What can the breeder do when you spay her? Honestly, I did say I was a former breeder but also rescuer and volunteer, etc. I take contracts very seriously but the animal's interest should come first. When I once placed one of my boys with a breeder and she sold him to someone else with breeding rights for her and that someone else called me, we both agreed my boy should be neutered and we did. I know that some may judge me here for being a former breeder and I have to say I understand because one of the main reasons I quit was because most breeders are nasty, treat their animals badly, what I consider abuse, use them as machines. I could never do that and that was the second reason I quit, I took every life as seriously as they were my children and I took losing babies to heart so much that I almost had a nervous breakdown.

A responsible breeder's life is extremely hard, when I was expecting a litter I did not sleep, when they were born I did not sleep for a week and if necessary I ran to emergency or fed babies every two hours. Realize this is something you have to go through, mom could get very ill and be close to dying, the babies could die or you would have to use feeding tubes every two hours of their lives for the first weeks. Now I never had a litter where I actually had to do that but I did have to feed one baby for days several times and I did lost babies after fighting for them for weeks. One time an infection hit and for three months I worked round the clock to save the kittens's eyes only to lose two later. Is it worth it? My rescue momma dog had her puppies December 25 last year and three died out of her seven, I have her and one of her puppies now.

I am not sure what you can do if the breeder insists, you can risk angering her by spaying your girl but she may get nasty.Maybe the breeding, pregnancy, birthing and litter will be fine but who knows. I do not understand how responsible breeders could entrust and subject someone without the experience to this, I mean how would you notice if she needed a C section, gets mastitis, your babies getting infection and dying and so on. Also, cutting their tummies is torture in my opinion. If you want to do this, please read everything you can online for the next months and of course feel free to ask questions but I am worried about her and for you too.

I am considering doing one breeding if I ever dare because my favorite kitty died and I have her son, my only intact boy Vinnie and I so would love a blue girl like Stella was but maybe I am totally stupid, I am happy to hear all opinions, I may be really stupid even thinking about this and knowing what breeding can be like if done as it should ever be done.

So sorry about the poor doggy that had an awful reaction to vaccination. When I was a breeder I realized that there is something terribly wrong with vaccines these days, I almost lost many kittens to it. I fought day and night for their lives after being vaccinated. None of my adult kitties get vaccinations period, they have not been sick since then. New research has shown that kittens need to be vaccinated once after week 13 to have lifelong immunity and keep your cats indoors. The last time my kitties were vaccinated was for my three seniors when I brought them home from the US, that was 9 years ago and no problems. I use an immune stimulant Vetri DMG, which works miracles if I notice any problems.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I really relate to your posting OVi, because I have been going through some births of Golden Retriever litters blow-by-blow on the forum to which I belong. One of the most detailed descriptions of the actual labor and birth, including all the birth weights of the puppies, was written by a wonderful, responsible breeder in Sweden. And, yes, some of the breeders who recounted births had to intervene with extreme measure in efforts to try to save the smallest puppies in large litters and some lost puppies anyway. It was heartbreaking to be rooting for "Baby Green" or "Baby Blue" and then to lose him!

I agree that cutting open the mother's abdomen, when we know how painful an abdominal incision is, is cruel. And why is it done? What on earth is the need to cut open a female when she can mate naturally? Nowadays the cycle can be predicted to the second! Even if frozen sperm were to be used, why would anyone need to make an incision? I do not understand that! (I wouldn't allow that!) I couldn't bear to see my puppy suffer after she was spayed and that was just a one-time operation!

AGBF
:read:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results