shape
carat
color
clarity

2 Cushions with ASET

Esskay

Rough_Rock
Hi pricescopers,

New to the site and in search for a cushion diamond. A lovely Pricescope vendor sourced 2 cushions in New York for me and just received 2 ASETS from him. I do think one is better than the other but need reassurance before I pull the trigger.

Thanks in advance.

Diamond 1
Carat weight: 1.01
Cut: -
Color: H
Clarity: VS1
Depth %: 69.7
Table %: 61
Symmetry: V. Good
Polish: Excellent
Girdle: Medium to Slightly Thick
Culet: None
Fluorescence: None
Measurements: 5.84x5.69x3.96

image_2203.jpg

353302b-image-01_0.jpg

Diamond 2
Carat weight: 1.01
Cut: -
Color: H
Clarity: VVS2
Depth %: 69.8
Table %: 59
Symmetry: V. Good
Polish: Excellent
Girdle: Thin to Slightly Thick
Culet: None
Fluorescence: None
Measurements: 5.91x5.73x4.00

307467__1_.jpg

307467b-image-01.jpg

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Those are both stellar. I prefer the first one for the pattern under the table. The second one has a strong 'cross' shape under the table I'm not as big a fan of.

You did great!!

When you have bought the stone, can you tell us who it is you are working with? I don't recognize the picture format.

Esskay

Rough_Rock
Thanks for your reply Gypsy!
Just purchased diamond 1 from from Eternity by Yoni in New York.
I asked Yoni to find me a beautiful cushion within my specs and budget and in a couple of days came back with 2 very nice cushions!

I also got this for $3920, is this price reasonable for GIA?

Madison2

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Esskay,
I have been shopping for cushions and based on your aset and diamond of 1.01 H VS1, I think you got a good price for this stone.

Let Gypsy chime in and give her thoughts, but if it were me I would be pleased with the price :D
What setting are you doing with this beautiful diamond?

HappyNewLife

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats, I love working with Yoni. I'm sure you'll find it an enjoyable experience too. Under $4k for a nice 1 carat sounds like an amazing deal, but I'm more familiar with round brilliants. Can't wait to see how you set it!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Price is very fair. I think you got a great stone at a great price! Congratulations!

Esskay

Rough_Rock
Yay, i'm glad I got a great deal! :dance:

Madison2 - I will be getting a custom made platinum halo setting from Yoni as well. His prices for CAD setting were also really good - i've been quoted $2850 - $3500 from other vendors for custom settings. Though not many reviews on pricescope, all the reviews I did read have been positive. Here are some CAD pics from his website - I have asked for some changes to the setting.

wg001.jpg
- Single band, not a split shank.
- Prongs to be a little less pointy

wg002.jpg
- Basket to sit flush and blend in with the rest of the ring
- Diamonds on the band to come down a bit lower, 7-5?

Band - will be 1.8mm with 1.5 pointers
Halo - I'm contemplating between 1 and half pointers.

Gypsy - do you think 1 pointer halo will overpower my diamond?

Thanks in advance

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
No. I had an asscher the similar in size (5.87x5.86mm) to your cushion and my original halo was 1 pointers. It was not overwhelming. It wasn't the look I wanted. But it was a very nice look.

Here's what it looked like with one pointers:
Layla%20new%20halo%20closeup.jpg
Gypsy%20Close%20up%20Before.jpg

Here's what it looks like now with 1/2 pointers:
Gypsy%20Close%20Up%20Halo.jpg
Layla%20Steven%20Reset%20close%20up_0.jpg
In the above pic, the band I am wearing, behind the halo, is one pointers. So you can see the difference is size.

If you want to talk to Yoni about doing something different you can. 1/2 pointers are 1mm each. Full pointers are 1.3mm
There are also sizes in between. So 1.2mm stones will be just slightly smaller than full pointers. And 1.1mm stones will be just slightly larger than 1/2 pointers.

So if you want a slightly more delicate look than the one pointers, ask him if he can do that for you.

It's your ring, and it will be customized already... so you should make sure that you get EXACTLY the look you want.

Madison2

Brilliant_Rock
I cannot wait to see your ring when its finished. It really sounds beautiful!

Esskay

Rough_Rock
Just received my ring!! I promise to take better photos when it's day time.
img_7693.jpg
img_7695.jpg
img_7696.jpg

Madison2

Brilliant_Rock
Esskay, OMG its Gorgeous!!!
Love the way the ring came out. Please share specs when you get a moment. Its it plat or white gold and what size is on the mele?
Also how long did it take to make your ring? I am asking bec I have been quoted over 4K for mine and told it would take 4-5 weeks.
I am not doing setting yet, still searching options/pricing.

Congrats on a stunning ring!

noscrusir

Shiny_Rock
Beautiful ring! Congrats. :appl:

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
BEAUTIFUL!

Esskay

Rough_Rock
Madison2, is your setting going to be hand forged?
Metal: Platinum
Melee for halo: just under 1 pointer, 1.2mm
Melee for shank: 1 pointer, 1.3mm, think the width of the band is 1.8mm?
Cost: $2400

Once the CADs were finalised, it took 14 days for the ring to be finished and delivered.

As I live in Australia, everything was done by email and I needed it by a certain date as my relatives from San Francisco were coming down to visit. The ring had to be rushed otherwise they wouldn't of received it in time. The ring was delivered on the 11th of September 10.30am and they were due to leave in that evening - was getting very nervous/anxious but Yoni assured me everything was going to be fine.

Now that I have better lighting, I will post up more photos :)

img_7801.jpg
img_7803_0.jpg
img_7804.jpg

Madison2

Brilliant_Rock
Esskay,
I love the way your ring came out, it is Gorgeous and delicate.

yes, Platinum metal. The quotes were from Steven K and I really didn't want to spend that much on a setting, 4-5K for a setting like this is above my price range. I am qetting quotes from others and I will see what happens this weekend.

I have an appointment with Mark T. next week so I will see what he comes up with.

Enjoy your beautiful ring!! :D

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results