shape
carat
color
clarity

Fertility friend Charts and Questions

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Since so many of us become compartmentalized in threads once were are at a certain family planning stage, I thought it could be helpful if we had a thread for charting so any and all can ask questions, share frustrations, and generally help one another.

I am currently waiting TTC but I started charting this month. I had my Nexplanon removed and the very next day had my CD1. DH and I are abstaining from BD until we are sure I have ovulated and am no longer fertile until December when we plan to actually start trying.

So I'm at the stage of frustrated. I don't know if I should believe this or not. I got the crossed line after today's entry. I had no other symptoms and I was checking for them, a lot. I'm using the wondfo OPKS. I think on Saturday I had one that was slightly darker than the others but still quite a bit lighter than the control. I was still spotting from my cycle when I supposedly ovulated. I know only time will tell if it is accurate but this is very frustrating so far.

I'm hoping this is just an odd duck of a cycle because of coming off my BC. How many more days do you all think I should wait before it's safe to say I DID ovulate and it's safe to BD? That's the real concern, lol.

Thank you all for your expertise and help!

_22522.jpg

JGator

Brilliant_Rock
Asscher, I don't think you have enough temps before the O line to know for sure. I would assume you O'ed already, but it could have been yesterday.

amc80

Ideal_Rock
JGator|1411060090|3753211 said:
Asscher, I don't think you have enough temps before the O line to know for sure. I would assume you O'ed already, but it could have been yesterday.

Yep, I agree with this. Is your interpretation setting on FAM or Advanced? It looks like advanced- switch it to FAM. FAM is a proven method, whereas Advanced is FF's trial method. I think if you will change it it will take away your crosshairs. If your temps stay in the range they are now, your CHs will be moved to yesterday.

Also, great idea on a charting thread. I consider myself a bit of an expert (well, maybe not quite) so I'm happy to help out.

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just started using wondfos so have the experience of only one cycle. It showed a very dark line equal to control for about 2 days. The line appeared later than I was expecting O so I did think there was something off with either the tests or the user. But it did work as it was supposed to in the end. Is there any guidance from your BC maker on how long it would take for cycles to normalize?

amc80

Ideal_Rock
baby monster|1411063616|3753237 said:
I just started using wondfos so have the experience of only one cycle. It showed a very dark line equal to control for about 2 days. The line appeared later than I was expecting O so I did think there was something off with either the tests or the user. But it did work as it was supposed to in the end. Is there any guidance from your BC maker on how long it would take for cycles to normalize?

I think all BCs say it can be up to a year. The few times I've been on BS my cycles were normal as of the next month.

Asscher- were you on the pill or something longer term (like depo)?

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
amc80|1411063783|3753238 said:
baby monster|1411063616|3753237 said:

I think all BCs say it can be up to a year. The few times I've been on BS my cycles were normal as of the next month.

Asscher- were you on the pill or something longer term (like depo)?

Thanks for the help ladies! I didn't even realize there were different options on FF, I'll change it to FAM. My BC was Nexplanon which is a progesterone implant that goes in your arm. Fertility generally returns immediately upon removal since it's out of your system as soon as they take it out. I can't tell you how many stories I read of women getting pregnant within weeks of having it removed, hence my serious caution.

I'll just have to keep my jets cool until I have another CD1 and I can temp from the very beginning for more accuracy.

Thank you for your help ladies!

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I changed to FAM and the ovulation lines are gone. I guess I'll know in a few more days if it was actually yesterday or hasn't happened yet. I'll update here for educational purposes when I have more info.

amc80

Ideal_Rock
Asscherhalo_lover said:
I changed to FAM and the ovulation lines are gone. I guess I'll know in a few more days if it was actually yesterday or hasn't happened yet. I'll update here for educational purposes when I have more info.

Please do!

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The plot thickens...I think I got a positive OPK yesterday. Bottom was at 10am, top at 1pm. I wasn't able to test again until about 1:30am and that was a very vary faint line. They were both darker IRL.

_22579.jpg

_440.png

amc80

Ideal_Rock
I bet you'll O today or tomorrow!

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is driving me batty!!!! My temps are so weird. I hope in a few more days It all makes sense and I know everything is working the way it should.

092214.jpg

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
amc80|1411251280|3754471 said:
hahah in my mind O doesnt stand for ovulate :naughty:

im sorry its confusing A_L, I am sure once you get a better sample size itll start to make more sense.

amc80

Ideal_Rock
I think your temps are fine....it's just frustrating waiting for confirmation!

Niel said:
amc80|1411251280|3754471 said:
hahah in my mind O doesnt stand for ovulate :naughty:

Haha nice!

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you ladies for being patient and helpful with me. Apparently the OPKs I thought were positive the other day were not. I thought they were positive Sat and Sun. Monday they died down a bit. I took one just before and it is darker than any of the others. I guess the LH can fluctuate a bit before the actual surge? I took a digi to confirm...

positiveopksept14.jpg

amc80

Ideal_Rock
Asscherhalo_lover said:
Thank you ladies for being patient and helpful with me. Apparently the OPKs I thought were positive the other day were not. I thought they were positive Sat and Sun. Monday they died down a bit. I took one just before and it is darker than any of the others. I guess the LH can fluctuate a bit before the actual surge? I took a digi to confirm...

Lovely! Some people get a gradual fade in and others sort of have levels bounce around before a positive. Time to get it on like donkey kong :)

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh yeah, that's a clear positive on wondfo. The test line is same as control.

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
amc80|1411567562|3756269 said:
Asscherhalo_lover said:

Lovely! Some people get a gradual fade in and others sort of have levels bounce around before a positive. Time to get it on like donkey kong :)

LOL we're waiting until after we know I've ovulated. We're avoiding until December. So once ovulation is confirmed and over then it's on like donkey kong!!!!

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So DH is the one who ordered the thermometer on amazon, I checked the reviews for it today, 3/5. Ugh. I've ordered a new one with much better reviews and I'll temp vaginally next month. My temps from possible ovulation are on a slow climb so who knows?

amc80

Ideal_Rock
Asscherhalo_lover|1411611973|3756646 said:
amc80|1411567562|3756269 said:
Asscherhalo_lover said:

LOL we're waiting until after we know I've ovulated. We're avoiding until December. So once ovulation is confirmed and over then it's on like donkey kong!!!!

Oh yeah, that's right!

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So many days later I think I finally have something I can trust! I deleted that one high wacky temp and tada! I have it set on FAM so I think it's pretty trustworthy. I still plan on using the new thermometer and vaginal tempting next month to help rule out my own human error. I did realize a few days ago that if I put the thermometer on different sides of my mouth I was getting different readings. I made an effort to put it in the exact same spot the last few nights and things seem much better. Now I just need to wait for AF and start again.

It'll be interesting to see what next month's cycle brings since my normal cycle used to be 26 days and this one will most likely be well over 30. Thanks for all your help ladies. I hope if anyone else is dealing with charting issues or concerns they please post here. I'm sure I will be again :)

092614.jpg

amc80

Ideal_Rock
Asscherhalo_lover|1411738411|3757292 said:
So many days later I think I finally have something I can trust! I deleted that one high wacky temp and tada! I have it set on FAM so I think it's pretty trustworthy. I still plan on using the new thermometer and vaginal tempting next month to help rule out my own human error. I did realize a few days ago that if I put the thermometer on different sides of my mouth I was getting different readings. I made an effort to put it in the exact same spot the last few nights and things seem much better. Now I just need to wait for AF and start again.

It'll be interesting to see what next month's cycle brings since my normal cycle used to be 26 days and this one will most likely be well over 30. Thanks for all your help ladies. I hope if anyone else is dealing with charting issues or concerns they please post here. I'm sure I will be again :)

You are probably going to hate me, but I don't agree with FF. Your temps on CD19 and even 20 are right in line with your pre-O temps. That's usually an indication that FF is wrong. The other thing is you have a ton of temps pre-O above your cover line- another sign that FF is wrong. I'll be keeping an eye on your chart for sure! I'm not saying FF isn't right, I just don't agree with it at this point. What setting is it on? I'm guessing advanced? It doesn't follow the rules for FAM.

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
To be honest, I never had success with temping. Too much user and/or thermometer error. It frustrated me a lot when we ttc #1 so I just gave up and used cm and other signs. I'm impressed by all of the charting happening on FF. I think opks are more reliable for me in tracking lh surge.

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
amc80|1411752513|3757422 said:
Asscherhalo_lover|1411738411|3757292 said:

You are probably going to hate me, but I don't agree with FF. Your temps on CD19 and even 20 are right in line with your pre-O temps. That's usually an indication that FF is wrong. The other thing is you have a ton of temps pre-O above your cover line- another sign that FF is wrong. I'll be keeping an eye on your chart for sure! I'm not saying FF isn't right, I just don't agree with it at this point. What setting is it on? I'm guessing advanced? It doesn't follow the rules for FAM.

Awww man. I do think it was a lot of issues with the thermometer I was using and the temps. A lot of the amazon reviews said the thermometer was unreliable so I have ordered another one. Do you still think based on the other observations (OPK, CM & position) that my ovulation has come and gone? I guess I'll know for sure in a few weeks if AF starts. I appreciate all of the opinions no hate coming from me!

With the discarded super high temp on FAM this is what I get, if I include the temp it goes away. Le sigh.

amc80

Ideal_Rock
Asscherhalo_lover|1411764724|3757548 said:
Awww man. I do think it was a lot of issues with the thermometer I was using and the temps. A lot of the amazon reviews said the thermometer was unreliable so I have ordered another one. Do you still think based on the other observations (OPK, CM & position) that my ovulation has come and gone? I guess I'll know for sure in a few weeks if AF starts. I appreciate all of the opinions no hate coming from me!

With the discarded super high temp on FAM this is what I get, if I include the temp it goes away. Le sigh.

You should put that temp back in. The only time to discard temps is when you really had no sleep- like you were up at the ER all night or something. Even if you were sick you don't discard, you just mark in there that you were sick/had a fever. I'd put it back in and then just comment in the note section that it may be a bad temp.

As far as your secondary signs- that's the other reason I don't think you O'd when it is marked. You had fertile CM on CD18 and CD19. Generally (everyone is different, obviously), fertile CM goes away by the time you O. My best guess is you O'd on CD20, but I need to see more temps to confirm that.

Even with an unreliable thermometer, it would have to be really off to lose sight of a temp shift, which your chart isn't showing...but you really never know! I got mine at CVS like 3 years ago and have never had an issue. Best $9 ever spent :)

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yea I put it back. Ugh. I really hope this is proves to be coming off of BC issues and temping issues. I'll tell you though, with the thermometer I would get close to a whole 1 degree difference depending on which side of my mouth I stuck it in. I'll continue as I have and I'll post it again once AF shows and the month is over. Thanks again!

amc80

Ideal_Rock
How's your chart looking?

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I was going to post it again once AF showed. Basically it's a hot mess. My temps climbed for 4 days, I had the solid red lines and all, and then, boom crash down they went. They've been climbing back up but slowly so my lines are gone. I still think I ovulated because of the +OPK but who knows? So far my first cycle off of BC is just a giant pain in the ass. I want AF to cone already so I can start again and hopefully have something resembling a normal cycle. I also want to throw my thermometer in a dumpster. This morning it was 96.8 on one side, 30 seconds later 97.03 on the other side, then I stood up and put it back to where it was originally and got 97.2!

All within 1.5 minutes, ugh. :angryfire:

I just want CD1 with my new thermometer, I'm really hoping that is the major issue. I've been married for 6 years. I'm still young (almost 29) but we've waited forever (for us) to do this and I really just want to know if I work, kwim? I was pregnant once before, with my DH (BF at the time), but were were just kids in high school. We chose to terminate the pregnancy and it's always lurked in my mind that I would never get pregnant again. It's just my head messing with me but I just want to know one way or another. I guess eventually I'll find out. Whew, one day at a time! :twirl:

amc80

Ideal_Rock
Asscherhalo_lover|1412112545|3759402 said:
I was going to post it again once AF showed. Basically it's a hot mess. My temps climbed for 4 days, I had the solid red lines and all, and then, boom crash down they went. They've been climbing back up but slowly so my lines are gone. I still think I ovulated because of the +OPK but who knows? So far my first cycle off of BC is just a giant pain in the a$$. I want AF to cone already so I can start again and hopefully have something resembling a normal cycle. I also want to throw my thermometer in a dumpster. This morning it was 96.8 on one side, 30 seconds later 97.03 on the other side, then I stood up and put it back to where it was originally and got 97.2!

All within 1.5 minutes, ugh. :angryfire:

I just want CD1 with my new thermometer, I'm really hoping that is the major issue. I've been married for 6 years. I'm still young (almost 29) but we've waited forever (for us) to do this and I really just want to know if I work, kwim? I was pregnant once before, with my DH (BF at the time), but were were just kids in high school. We chose to terminate the pregnancy and it's always lurked in my mind that I would never get pregnant again. It's just my head messing with me but I just want to know one way or another. I guess eventually I'll find out. Whew, one day at a time! :twirl:

How frustrating. I forgot it's your first cycle off of BC. That can definitely screw you up. Hang in there!

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I woke up this morning with my lowest temp yet. I guess the Egg white CM and positive OPKS didn't really mean much. I thought maybe I would be getting AF so I put in a tampon. Removed it after a few hours and nothing but CM, some of it Egg white!!! I'll do an OPK when I get home, maybe I can see if my body is gearing up to ovulate? Maybe the last time it tried but failed? This is so annoying. :angryfire:

_22858.jpg

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Asscherhalo_lover|1412172946|3759812 said:
I woke up this morning with my lowest temp yet. I guess the Egg white CM and positive OPKS didn't really mean much. I thought maybe I would be getting AF so I put in a tampon. Removed it after a few hours and nothing but CM, some of it Egg white!!! I'll do an OPK when I get home, maybe I can see if my body is gearing up to ovulate? Maybe the last time it tried but failed? This is so annoying. :angryfire:
Your body is coming off BC so you should take it easy and let it settle. Luteal phase is typically 13-15 days so if your opk was correct and you ovulated on CD18-19, your period should start CD31-34. Hang in there.

ETA. I'd put your school experience out of mind for now. Until a specialist tells you it's a factor, don't let it cloud your thoughts.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results