carat
color
clarity

Mens Bling Eyecandy Folder

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
DoctorD|1410184065|3746946 said:
I think some of you could use anger management. Dancing Fire, you started an entire thread as an insult to me. You also revealed yourself to be the one who attacked me on another site. When I first discovered forums (this one), and had a bad experience, I looked around for another. I've only tried one other, the Rolex Forums. I've said I don't have many pics of my jewelry. I used my wedding ring pic from this site as an avatar temporarily, until I got a Rolex pic. I would've liked a pic showing both. I made one post--I asked guys to show pics of their Rolex and wedding ring. Right away, there was a paragraph-long post ranting and raving about what a pompous showoff I was, and I was banned. I knew it had to be someone from this site. So you are a moderator on rolex forums, Dancing Fire? It was obvious you have two screen names, because the two of you always support each other all over the site, which is against the rules. I looked at a few of your 20,000 threads here. It was easy to get a feel for your life. If you stay in hotels with dirty sheets, it gives an idea of your socio-economic status. You wear pinkie rings and paint your fingernails pink, but I won't comment on that because I don't want to sink to your level. Your many criticisms of me could be summarized as "I'm jealous." You project all of your own problems onto me. I grew beyond my self-esteem issues in high school. Sounds like you still have some.

I am NOT a member of The Rolex forum, so I don't know what your talking about... :confused: :rolleyes:

Please feel sorry me b/c here is a wrist shoot of the real McCoy on my wrist .now let see yours!.... :tongue: yes, I am very jealous of your imaginary Rolexes... :rolleyes:

img_2043__640x480_5.jpg

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
DoctorD -

I remember, a number of years ago now, when another Pricescoper was 'asked for photos' of her jewelry (aka euphemism for 'you don't really own the stuff you post'). Ultimately one particularly bold woman actually came out and said - "it's hard to believe you when you never post photos of yourself wearing these things."

Turns out the woman with the jewelry had Lupus and was not keen on posting photos of her face and swollen fingers online. She ultimately DID post photos, which, in my opinion, was humiliating for her and should never have happened.

DoctorD - I don't know if you own all the things you post or not - but the bottom line is - what do I care? I can't know beyond question that anyone owns the things they post. Even someone who turns up at a group get-together might be wearing things they borrowed from their mother, their sister, their next door neighbor. I can neither prove nor disprove ownership. I suppose nobody really can. What I find curious, though, is why this would be a problem for anyone. It's exhausting running around the internet, trying to be the morality gate keeper for a group of people one can't even see. I would actually call that a monumental waste of time. And all this 'demanding photos before we're prepared to believe you' implies a superiority which is unwarranted in an egalitarian group. Post photos if you want to. If you don't - don't. More power to you either way.

I do think, though, that keeping the rules in a group like this is important for it to run smoothly - and - God knows - you *are* verbose! But you'd probably think I was a pain in the arse if you met me in real life, so to each his own.

I don't support targeting a person just because they do things differently to me/us. There is no rule that to join the group you have to do anything more than keep the forum rules and obey the mods. Apart from that, be as individual as you like; it's nobody's role to criticize you.

Ella

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium
Everyone, please keep discussion out of this thread, it's for sharing your own bling only. Thank you!

sturgeon123456

Rough_Rock
Dancing Fire|1410189973|3746988 said:
DoctorD|1410184065|3746946 said:
I think some of you could use anger management. Dancing Fire, you started an entire thread as an insult to me. You also revealed yourself to be the one who attacked me on another site. When I first discovered forums (this one), and had a bad experience, I looked around for another. I've only tried one other, the Rolex Forums. I've said I don't have many pics of my jewelry. I used my wedding ring pic from this site as an avatar temporarily, until I got a Rolex pic. I would've liked a pic showing both. I made one post--I asked guys to show pics of their Rolex and wedding ring. Right away, there was a paragraph-long post ranting and raving about what a pompous showoff I was, and I was banned. I knew it had to be someone from this site. So you are a moderator on rolex forums, Dancing Fire? It was obvious you have two screen names, because the two of you always support each other all over the site, which is against the rules. I looked at a few of your 20,000 threads here. It was easy to get a feel for your life. If you stay in hotels with dirty sheets, it gives an idea of your socio-economic status. You wear pinkie rings and paint your fingernails pink, but I won't comment on that because I don't want to sink to your level. Your many criticisms of me could be summarized as "I'm jealous." You project all of your own problems onto me. I grew beyond my self-esteem issues in high school. Sounds like you still have some.

I am NOT a member of The Rolex forum, so I don't know what your talking about... :confused: :rolleyes:

Please feel sorry me b/c here is a wrist shoot of the real McCoy on my wrist .now let see yours!.... :tongue: yes, I am very jealous of your imaginary Rolexes... :rolleyes:

Love the watch...and I will play your game...heres a few of mine :) Sorry about the garbage camera phone pics
20140908_132658_copy.jpg

RetroTreeGal

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Sturgeon- I am a Rolex newbie, so sorry if this question has an obvious answer, but what is the difference between the two rightmost watches? And please don't answer with one is model 34X and one is model 34XS because that will mean nothing to me. :oops: Thanks!

sturgeon123456

Rough_Rock
RetroTreeGal|1410225041|3747389 said:
Sturgeon- I am a Rolex newbie, so sorry if this question has an obvious answer, but what is the difference between the two rightmost watches? And please don't answer with one is model 34X and one is model 34XS because that will mean nothing to me. :oops: Thanks!

Fair question!! They are both the exact same!!!! I actually fell in love with that model which is a GMT 2 with the Ceramic Bezel. So I bought one, then I decided to by another that just sits BNIB in hopes that one day I can pass it on. I still have no kids or wife so that may be a pipe dream lol. I have done this with a few of the models that I really really like.

RetroTreeGal

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Oh good, I studied those for far too long trying to tell the difference.
Hey if you don't have an heir in about a year, I'll be your kid! :D

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Question for watch experts ...

Is it better for self-winding watches to be stored stopped?
Or is is better to buy those thingies that move, which winds the watch to keep them running?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AkJvGVardFI

screen_shot_2014-09-08_at_7.png

sturgeon123456

Rough_Rock
kenny|1410228287|3747434 said:
Question for watch experts ...

Is it better for self-winding watches to be stored stopped?
Or is is better to buy those thingies that move, which winds the watch to keep them running?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AkJvGVardFI

That is the craziest watch winder that I have ever seen!!!!! Thank you so much for sharing!!!!!!

I personally do not use one. I only wear a couple of my watches and the rest sit, all crowns (and pushers if the model has them) are screwed in.

My thoughts.....always being wound will distribute the oils but it does wear the gears.

Long term storage if watch was stopped worst case maybe the oil gets gummed up...quick clean and oil at a Rolex AD and all gears should be fine if movement was stopped. If you always wind the thing some of those gears will need to be replaced too.....and by gosh they look so neat!

But, and this is a big one....I am not an expert, this is my personal preference and I do own a watch winder.....it has never seen the light of day.

sturgeon123456

Rough_Rock
RetroTreeGal|1410227611|3747426 said:
Oh good, I studied those for far too long trying to tell the difference.
Hey if you don't have an heir in about a year, I'll be your kid! :D

:) Okay deal!!!!!

craighnt

Shiny_Rock
Re: Mens Ring Eyecandy Folder

DoctorD|1408991418|3739070 said:
_20803.jpg

How do you get photos like this one? Professional photographer?

I stated in another post that I apply "soften" to everything except the jewelry in the photos I have, although I've never tried the Photoshop program. In some photos posted by others, the huge magnification of the hair and skin pores is distracting, and kind of ugly, in my opinion. That's not how our eyes see things. I've only been on this site a few times in two or three years, probably because I prefer to appreciate both men's and women's jewelry moving around in real life than looking at a computer screen. My intent is more to learn about societal values and people's views on real-life situations regarding the wearing of jewelry, particularly by men. Perhaps pick up a couple of ways to deal with negative reactions and to share feelings with like-minded individuals.

Beautiful masculine ring, I think I like that the most out of all the ones you posted. Its simple, strong, elegant and not over done while still packing a punch full of diamonds. :appl:

tnt10

Rough_Rock
Re: Mens Ring Eyecandy Folder

craighnt|1410947791|3752378 said:
DoctorD|1408991418|3739070 said:
_20803.jpg

How do you get photos like this one? Professional photographer?

I stated in another post that I apply "soften" to everything except the jewelry in the photos I have, although I've never tried the Photoshop program. In some photos posted by others, the huge magnification of the hair and skin pores is distracting, and kind of ugly, in my opinion. That's not how our eyes see things. I've only been on this site a few times in two or three years, probably because I prefer to appreciate both men's and women's jewelry moving around in real life than looking at a computer screen. My intent is more to learn about societal values and people's views on real-life situations regarding the wearing of jewelry, particularly by men. Perhaps pick up a couple of ways to deal with negative reactions and to share feelings with like-minded individuals.

Beautiful masculine ring, I think I like that the most out of all the ones you posted. Its simple, strong, elegant and not over done while still packing a punch full of diamonds. :appl:

Thanks craignht.
I actually copied this from an actual ring that my great-great aunt had, which now belongs to my sister. The appraisals all stated "gents ring," and my sister wouldn't sell it to me, so I had it copied from pictures. Took a while, but finally got it right, (in my opinion anyway....).
tnt10

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
slakuno|1414439365|3773473 said:
My wedding band, arriving Wednesday!
Neat!

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
How cool!

Is that the moon rising over the mountains? :sun:

craighnt

Shiny_Rock
slakuno|1414439365|3773473 said:
My wedding band, arriving Wednesday!

I love that artist. Let us know how the ring turned out, I have been thinking about getting something custom made for the same guy. He is in Calif right?

VirtualBoston

Rough_Rock
@DoctorD - I just read through this very entertaining thread and you're only missing one piece of jewelry.

maxresdefault.jpg

slakuno

Rough_Rock
Thanks!

Craighnt - yes, he's in Cali. I really like the ring. He was great to work with. It took a while longer than originally anticipated but it arrived with plenty of time to spare before the wedding so it wasn't a big deal. He shipped me a version of the ring that he had on hand so I could get a sense for whether I'd really like it before commissioning the custom piece, which was very helpful. I was nervous about the width (7.5mm), because the original design was huge -like 11mm- and the sweet spot for me seemed to be 6 mm when I tried rings on in stores. He also recommended that the narrowest I should go would be 8mm, but said he'd do 7 if I wanted. We settled on 7.5 and I think it was a good choice. It wasn't cheap, but I'll hopefully be wearing it forever and am very happy with the purchase. Would work with him again for sure.

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've been off the forum for some time. A few years ago I posted the two rings I designed and had made for my partner an myself. Both are Platinum and mine is the white diamond (GIA Excellent Cut) center stone, while my partners is a blue diamond (heat treated, not natural blue, but a beautiful stone none-the-less). The center stones are set in a semi-tension (there's a bridge underneath the center stones) mount. It's hard to believe it's been 10 years since we got these:

101-0197_img.jpg
DSC_0113.jpg

We've been together 35 years and we're finally able to legally get married, so in April, we'll be getting married on the beach in a double wedding with my brother and his fiance. So it was time for wedding rings to start our new chapter. I designed these and they're being made in Platinum. This is a render of what my ring will look like. It will have just a tad over 2 carats of diamonds that were in my father's ring.

rod_rounded_edges.jpg

And this is what my partners ring will look like. He's always wanted a yellow diamond, so the center stone is a natural yellow, with 4 white diamonds on each side which are a full carat worth.

charlies__tappered_4.jpg

They won't be ready for a few more weeks, but I'll post them in the real when we get them.

chieftd

Rough_Rock
Rod, very nice rings. Congrats to you both.

Aloha, Tim

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
chieftd|1423451616|3829600 said:
Rod, very nice rings. Congrats to you both.

Aloha, Tim

Thank you Tim!

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Rod, may I say that your current and future (or maybe current now?) rings are masculine, gorgeous, and I love them all. Many more years of happiness for you and your spouse... congratulations on being allowed to do what Americans have been doing since marriage began!

kate

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Rod, may I say that your current and future (or maybe current now?) rings are masculine, gorgeous, and I love them all. Many more years of happiness for you and your spouse... congratulations on being allowed to do what Americans have been doing since marriage began!

kate

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kate! Thanks so much. The new rings haven't been completed yet. They won't be ready until sometime in March. I promise to come back and post pics of them when they're finished!

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock
Great rings!

Yes, do come back to post more pics.... you may want to start a SMTB thread when you receive them.... you will get more traffic there, i guess you already knew that!

Congrats!!! Woo hoo!!

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
gregchang35|1423615081|3830582 said:
Great rings!

Yes, do come back to post more pics.... you may want to start a SMTB thread when you receive them.... you will get more traffic there, i guess you already knew that!

Congrats!!! Woo hoo!!

Thank you as well. I just may start a SMTB thread when they're ready!

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
gregchang35|1423615081|3830582 said:
Great rings!

Congrats!!! Woo hoo!!

Thank you as well. I just may start a SMTB thread when they're ready!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results