shape
carat
color
clarity

When sick is your SO stoic or a big baby?

When sick is your SO stoic or a big baby?

• 1 The biggest fussy whiny baby in the world

Votes: 10 33.3%

Votes: 6 20.0%

Votes: 2 6.7%

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 1 3.3%

Votes: 3 10.0%

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 10 Completely stoic

Votes: 4 13.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
When sick is your SO stoic or a big baby, or somewhere in between?

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My SO gets a 1.
He really milks it.

I'd rate myself a 7.

OreoRosies86

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Two words: Man Flu.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Elliot86|1410638338|3750456 said:
Two words: Man Flu.

I've heard of Man Fever, but never Man Flu. :lol:

I'll go Google it.

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
Mine is a GIANT baby at the slightest thing. The man takes a nap when he has a headache…. Good thing I had the babies or we wouldn't have any children :lol: ;-)

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My husband gets Man Flu. Sometimes when its a really bad cold, he calls it Man-ingitis. Massive wimp!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
He's a 10. No matter how sick he is he gets his work done and he doesn't complain at all. Makes me look bad and I am not a baby when I get sick. I rate myself a 7. But my dh is a solid 10. No question.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
#1 for sure! Biggest baby I ever met! But if I get sick? "Why aren't you going to work???"

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
Biggest babyest baby on earth! Nobody ever had the sniffles before! ;( Nobody ever had such a painful cramp. ;( Nobody's tummy ever felt so awful! ;( Oscar-worthy performances! :lol:

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I gave mine a 7. He gets out his initial complaint and then will usually go to work and deal with it. If he has to stay home at least he does so quietly. He's not too bad.

sarahb

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Mine is a 10--sucks it in & keeps on going. Sometimes I don't realize how sick he is.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
My husband rarely get sick and when he does, it's always just a cold that goes away in a few days. He never complains. In our family, I'm the baby!

ksinger

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Used to be a solid 10, now he's an 8 I'd say. He's hit an age where he will actually allow himself to be sick. Since he has over a year's worth of sick days and they've turned the stress screws on his job - (he had his first and I hope only, ocular migraine while we were coming home from Dallas a few weeks ago. HE was driving. :errrr: scary.), he's finally begun taking a day here and there instead of grunting through it. But he doesn't say much about it even now. I just figure out how bad it is by watching subtle clues.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mine is pretty darn stoic, hates to be babied or fussed over.

BUT...

He can go on and on about not understanding why he's sick, since he's a vegan and works out regularly and all. :rolleyes: As if living a healthy life makes you immune to getting sick.

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
He's a 10, which almost cost him his life. He had a perforated rectal tract (sorry, it's hard to candy that up) and when he finally went to a doc he was misdiagnosed as $constipated$ (again, sorry). So he got sicker and sicker and the doc refused our calls. I took him to the ED on a Saturday morning early and the colorectal surgeon was called in during a very bad storm (Anchorage, Alaska).

He luckily did not die and did not require a bag. One.lucky.man. this was in our first year married; being his postoperative caregiver about put me around the bend. Really crabby and ungrateful patient. The surgeon told him it was a go o d thing he locked me in via marriage :confused:

Now he watches his health, takes probiotics and always drinks lots of water.

:appl:

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh man, he's a total sook. Well not TOTAL... he tries to take as little time off work as he can when he's sick, but he whinges and complains constantly. We all had the same cold/mild flu type virus a few months back. Myself and our then 18 month old just got on with it and it was pretty much life as usual, but DH spent two days in bed! That said, DH doesn't eat all that well when I don't prepare meals for him, so his immunity probably isn't as good as mine and our son's. He loves being fussed over. His mates often say to him that he's lucky to be married to a nurse, but they don't realise I run out of 'care factor' by the time I get home from a day at work! :cheeky:

Oh my, azstonie, that's terrible! What a lucky bloke your hubby is to have gotten through that relatively unscathed!

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
mmmm...he's maybe a...five? He *says* he doesn't want anyone to take care of him...but we aaaaalll know how that works. If I was at home and broke my leg, I'd drag myself around by my arms to pick things up before the ambulance got there. (or just drive myself) If he has a scratchy throat, I have to hear about it for 4 hours.

amc80

Ideal_Rock
Is zero an option? He will get a cold and thinks he needs to go to the ER. One time he was bundled up on the couch, shaking, and in a weak voices asked if he thought I should take him in. I took his temp and it was around 100. I gave him Tylenol and his recovery was amazing ::eyeroll::

I just got over a really bad cold and still had to do all of the same stuff.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wish I could vote twice!

When it is something very serious like pneumonia, severely broken leg, or massive neurological issues he is completely stoic and keeps going like nothing is wrong. Really. I have had to miss school to sit at home and make sure he stayed in bed. (especially after that one time he smashed a hole in the wall and then locked himself out of the house wearing nothing but a bathrobe and couldn't remember my phone number so we got stuck with the bill of a locksmith (plus new door) :rolleyes: )

Something minor?
Biggest baby ever. Scratchy throat? The world is ending. Slight fever? Remember to buy the plainest casket available.

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mine too, he has to be a contradiction in the middle, huge cut in the leg - no problem, 3 day drinking bender - totally fine, hearts spasms (like a mini heart attack) - work the next day. But a case of man-flu = FORGET about him total write off..... And braces on his teeth. I hear the moaning every single day about the braces..... :shock:

chemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Biggest baby ever. We were on vacation a few years ago and we both ended up with minor food poisoning (throw up a few times, gurgling, the runs). He actually thought he was dying for real. Started hyperventilating and then his hands went numb. He was shaking.

I didn't know how to call an ambulance from the hotel phone so I had to run to the lobby with DH yelling "don't leave me alone" behind me. Ambulance finally arrived and they said minor food poisoning and minor panic attack. The paramedics were making fun of him "give him some coca cola. Americans!"

DH actually had me go out (with same food poisoning) and get him a coke because maybe they were being serious :roll:

Eta: DH's reasoning behind my being semi OK during this life threatening affliction was that I have colitis so my body is used to being sick. Right.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mine is a two. He doesn't want me babying him but the complaining is non-stop. We could both be sick at the same time with the flu or cold but somehow he is always 100 times sicker.

Both my husband and I would rate me a 9. I've had migraine often since my early thirties. I've always just sucked it up and kept going

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
DH has back and knee issues, and is in pain alot. We go through alot of Advil, Bayer, etc.
I can tell he's in pain cause he'll get a little crabby. But he's not too vocal about it.
One night, after eating my homemade pasta with marinara sauce, he started complaining about heartburn. I was a little miffed because I felt he was criticizing my cooking! Anyway, several hours later, he is in great pain. but I thought he was over-reacting to the heartburn and just being dramatic. I had to be at work at 5am the next morn, so I went to bed early, He wakes me up at 11 pm and wants to go to the ER. What? This will take all night! I will miss work over your hearburn!
Turned out to be a 3 days in the hospital, for emergency gall bladder removal. He had been having pain previously, and didnt tell me.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mine rarely gets sick...if he has to go to bed then I know it's really bad. Usually he just sucks it up and keeps on going.

Now my son on the other hand...he can milk it like its nobodies business! :boohoo:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results