Votes: 1 5.9%
  • 10 Constantly

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
On other Fora, Facebook, Twitter, Blogs, etc., how much do you discuss race?

This poll is NOT for real life/in person, only online discussions.
I think some people's responses would vary in-person vs. online, which would render the poll meaningless.

If you want to volunteer your in-person answer you may post it in the thread.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I used to discuss every race with my friends, but I haven't gone to the horse track in many years.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am not on FB, Twitter, or any other online group so I don't discuss it online outside of PS.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Almost never. It's a total non issue and I have friends of many different races and there are no hot topic buttons. I mean, when things come up in the media we might discuss our feelings but since we agree there is no heated debate going on about anything regarding race. And I don't belong to other forums like this so this is the only online forum where religion/race/etc might come up for discussion.

Trekkie

Brilliant_Rock
From time to time. My parents are of different races (actually, come to think of it, so were my mother's parents) and I'm married to someone of a different race, so the subject does occasionally come up at home.

I recently had to warn my boss that an appointment committee he'd convened wasn't diverse enough. He airily replied, "oh, but I don't notice race". My response? "Well, I'm happy for you and your white privilege, but..."

I live in South Africa so it comes up often. When it does come up I don't avoid it but I rarely raise it myself.

SB621

Ideal_Rock
missy|1410694389|3750765 said:
Almost never. It's a total non issue and I have friends of many different races and there are no hot topic buttons. I mean, when things come up in the media we might discuss our feelings but since we agree there is no heated debate going on about anything regarding race. And I don't belong to other forums like this so this is the only online forum where religion/race/etc might come up for discussion.

+1. Right now race isnt' getting your head chopped off so it is sort of a back burner issue with everything else going on in the world. However since i'm outside of the US most news outlets covers international stories.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results