shape
carat
color
clarity

Can't he come up with a better story than this?

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I received this Email from a watch forum member...
rotflmao2.gif

Have you ever received this kind of Email? how much should I send him?

Sorry to bother you with this, I took a urgent visit to Ukraine to see my sick cousin who is suffering from a critical Uterine fibroid and must undergo a hysterectomy surgery to save her life. The news of her illness arrived to me as an emergency, she's going through a lot of pain at the moment and she needs family support to keep her going.

The doctors have advised that it is necessary that the tumor is operated soon to avoid any complications. I hope you understand my plight and pardon me.The estimate for the Hysterectomy surgery is $9,000. I have already spent approx. $7,300 cash towards her treatment so am wondering if you can assist me with a loan of $1,700 to make the necessary arrangement for the surgery to be carried out.

Your help and support will give her a chance to live a normal life once again. I will surely pay you back as soon as I return. I will appreciate whatever you can help me with. Kindly let me know if you can be of help so I can send you my western union details since I cannot operate my bank account from here.

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Are you kidding me??? :doh:

I'd be stringing him along...ohhh, soooo sorry. I'm sure I can come up with the cash to help you...send me your bank account info, SSN and home address and I'll get right on that. NOT! :angryfire:

perry

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have it on very good authority (Princess Z) that Health care - including major surgery is FREE in Ukraine; although you get a lot better treatment if you slip the Dr. a $100 or so....

Now the level of health care is not on par with western medicine; but, the basics and most surgery is OK.

Now that does not mean that support in the hospital by friends and family is not needed. Basic bathing, bedpan service if you cannot get to the bathroom, food service, changing of bandages (past original bandaging), etc is the responsibility of the patients friends and family.

I would be asking this person how they are managing the required friends and family hospital support.... ;-)

Perry

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would forward every email in my spam folder to this person.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
DF, he already did the math for you! Send him the $1700! :bigsmile:

I had a friend years ago who thought she had to give money to anyone who asked for it. She fell for several scams due to her beliefs, it was just how she was raised. I remember sending her Snopes links when she'd forward me these types of emails. She was pretty pissed at me and would still tell me I was going to H-E-double hockey sticks for not believing/doing what she did according to how she was raised, but eventually she did stop letting random strangers into her home and just handing out whatever cash she had on her to all the scammers who approached her. I live far from her now, thankfully, but at the time I was like :hand:

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Unbelievable!!!

You could always send him some dust for her quick recovery.

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Tell him that your second cousin needs a rare transfusion and it's going to cost $5000.00 so if he could help you out because he is such a great friend that would be fantastic. And you will send him your Western Union details.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is called spam, DF. Do you know where the delete button is? Never reply to an email or pm like that.

I think you are kidding, but just in case you're not....

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
diamondseeker2006|1410923583|3752296 said:
That is called spam, DF. Do you know where the delete button is? Never reply to an email or pm like that.

I recommended him to a rich lady in N.C...
innocentwhistle.gif

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dancing Fire|1410929835|3752339 said:
diamondseeker2006|1410923583|3752296 said:

I recommended him to a rich lady in N.C...
innocentwhistle.gif

:lol: :lol: :lol:

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
Glad it's DS & not me! I think you should write back, DF, & ask him if $1700 is enough. Maybe she'll have complications & also, he has to pay for hotel & meals while he helps her.

--- Laurie

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
the spammer need to work on the consistency in his emails. Uterine fibroids, while really sucking, are not tumors, and are not life threatening. Of course there may be rare situations that call for a hysterectomy, but usually not from a single fibroid. But I am glad that he is supporting family ;))

athenaworth

Ideal_Rock
Trade
His email was hacked. This email goes out in some way, shape or form every 6 months or so. If you have another way of contacting him besides his email address, I would. Let him know he needs to change his password and maybe get word to some of his more gullible friends.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
part gypsy|1410975824|3752561 said:
the spammer need to work on the consistency in his emails. Uterine fibroids, while really sucking, are not tumors, and are not life threatening. Of course there may be rare situations that call for a hysterectomy, but usually not from a single fibroid. But I am glad that he is supporting family ;))

I was thinking the same thing. I have never heard of anyone dying from a uterine fibroid tumor.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
athenaworth|1410976185|3752565 said:
His email was hacked. This email goes out in some way, shape or form every 6 months or so. If you have another way of contacting him besides his email address, I would. Let him know he needs to change his password and maybe get word to some of his more gullible friends.

Good catch Athenaworth!

Athenaworth is more than likely correct. This happen to a friend of my husbands about two years ago. I'd forgotten all about it.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Maybe I should send him a PM so that he will know what's going on.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results