shape
carat
color
clarity

Princess ASET Included - HELP

LADiamondHunting

Rough_Rock
Hey all - I found a local jeweler with a princess that I really like the look of that they have in stock - here is the ASET. Thoughts? To me there appears to be too much light leakage in the diamond, but I am an amateur. Would love the expert opinions! Thanks in advance!

ags0_diamond_aset.png

Texas Leaguer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
There's some leakage there but overall the ASET looks pretty good. The label indicates it is an AGS0. Does it have a light performance report as Ideal? If so, you are in good shape on the cut quality side of things and you can focus on the other C's to make your decision.

You might find this article of interest. It goes into the methodology light performance grading of princess cuts.
https://www.pricescope.com/journal/ags-laboratories-diamond-cut-grading-princess-cut

Hope that helps.

LADiamondHunting

Rough_Rock
Thanks Texas Leaguer! It is an AGS0 in cut and 0 light performance. 1 in both polish and symmetry. Otherwise, it falls in line with all my other specs and budget. My only concern was that there was too much light leakage (and it is a little bit depth heavy, about 77%) which is killing the size (7.8 x 7.65) for a princess a bit over 3 carats.

LADiamondHunting

Rough_Rock
Hi there - here is another diamond I am considering in comparison - below are the ASET, Idealscope and picture. This diamond is .25mm larger in both width and length (8 by 8) and is about $5K more expensive than the other posted above. Any thoughts on which looks better? To me the ASET on this looks good, Idealscope shows some leakage and the image just appears to show some serious dark spots - can't tell if this looks like a dud or an actual great find. It is GIA EX/EX, faint fluor. - no AGS cert here. I would like to decide by end of week so ANY thoughts are MOST greatly appreciated! Really don't want to make the wrong choice here...

_22444.jpg

_22445.jpg

_22446.jpg

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Aset is great on the new one too.

Looks like this jeweler is a great one. Would you mind sharing who they are? We are always looking for good jewelers.

LADiamondHunting

Rough_Rock
Wow - I somehow saw 4 replies on this and didn't realize that there was a new one! Sorry for the delay Gypsy - this jeweler is Eternity by Yoni (the second diamond with the ASET/IS/Picture).

That diamond looks a bit "dark" to me, thoughts? I have a call with the gemologist on the first stone (leaning that way but I really don't like the leakage in the ASET) and it is SUPER small for a 3 carat! Only about 7.75x7.6 :( The other is 8x8 but for some reason I can't get past the darkness in the live picture (am I being overly critical)?

Otherwise, I am having NO luck in finding a 3 carat AGS0 (I found one other that has medium blue fluour. which I don't want).

Really hoping to get some insight from our PS experts - I want to pull the trigger but am a littler nervous about making the wrong decision when I am about to drop $30K-$35 - and I am incredibly lucky, I have (in my eyes) the worlds best girlfriend. She actually doesn't care about the size at all (or won't admit it) - so I will care for her.

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Looks fine. Doesn't look dark. It is just the lighting.

LADiamondHunting

Rough_Rock
Thanks!

I am leaning towards diamond 1 at the moment (for security of AGS0 and price - $5K less). Having said that, any thoughts as to how much smaller a 7.78mm by 7.65mm will face up compared to an 8 by 8? That is really the only thing driving me towards the 3.14ct at this point - is trying to hit magic 8 by 8 figure.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results