shape
carat
color
clarity

Canary Princess Diamond - Engagement Ring - Help Needed

Mahoooner

Rough_Rock
Hello! I am looking to find out some of your opinions on my search for a yellow princess cut yellow diamond.

As you all know, the princess cuts are very rare and it has been hard to find any stones that are within what I am looking for. The specs of the diamond that I am sourcing have been as follows:

- .80-.99 ct.
- Princess Cut
- Canary Colour
- Fancy Intense
- Clarity has not been a focus of mine as long as the diamond is "Eye Clean".
- A good spread

I have found one diamond which is smaller than I was hoping for but I have been told that it has a good spread. The total for the diamond is $4,200 USD. The clarity is a lot better on this one at VS1. Let me know your feedback.

image001_13.jpg
pic02_5.png

Any ideas on where I can start looking would be appreciated. I have been in touch with 3 companies, including BN, which have been unsuccessful except for the one diamond above.

Let me know! I appreciate your help!

RockyRacoon

Brilliant_Rock
Re: Canary PrincDiamond - Yellow - Engagement Ring - Help Ne

Reach out to Diamonds by Lauren and Leibish. Both are very reputable and well-established.

Between those two, they'll be able to find you exactly what you need. Give them your detailed specs and budget, and they'll be able to give you options.

Best of luck!

Mahoooner

Rough_Rock
Hello! Thanks for your response. The one diamond above was found at Leibish. I will reach out to Diamonds by Lauren.

What are your thoughts on the above diamond?

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That looks very nice.

Sunstorm

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
I think this stone is nice. Their pix are sometimes not the best but I think that they have some nice stones. I still think you should take the advice and look for other options to compare this stone to but it certainly is a good start. Nothing against it or the vendor you found, it is just that it is a good idea to look around before you commit.

BTW, have you perhaps considered radiants are cushions? Especially radiants can be very similar to princesses. I personally am extremely fond of cushions but I know this is subjective but I think that rounded down tips look more attractive, again this can be personal though. But my best friend wanted a princess for her e-ring, she did not even know that radiants existed though and when she saw them she changed her mind. I am saying this only if it is an option as the majority of fancy colors are cut into these two shapes; radiants and cushions, so you would have a lot wider selection of high quality stones to choose from.

Mahoooner

Rough_Rock
Hello all,

Thanks for your replies.

I have considered the Radiant as every jeweler that I approach for the princess right away recommends the radiant as their is a higher volume available. I know the soon to be fiancee would prefer a princess and I like that it is a much rarer stone.

I will keep my eyes open. If you have any additional advice, it is always appreciated.

Thanks!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results