color
clarity

PP Giant Freshwater and onyx links necklace:

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
Kay, it would look gorgeous on you!

mapo

Shiny_Rock
bsomlo, I'm sorry to hear that this necklace did not work out for you. your pictures are so helpful for judging the scale of the necklace. It did not look that substantial on the pp sale page. I'm sure it'll will find its way to a new home. The luster and orient are fab!

4Ranch Girl

Brilliant_Rock
Pearl_Girl|1410481138|3749383 said:
I think Hisano did have smaller onyx links available because there was a short Tahitian strand (which didn't appear during the Connoisseur sale) which used small links - so perhaps you could get a smaller strand made up with smaller pearls?
I think this might be the strand you are speaking of. I got to model it at the ruckus for pictures.

model6.jpg

Pearl_Girl

Rough_Rock
I think that's it. Interesting, I wonder if it might be added to the Connoisseur sale later in the month? It looks lovely and makes me really excited to receive the longer 26 inch version.

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
Wow, that is a beautiful combination. In that picture the provoked baroques look green and go so well with the Tahitian/onyx necklace.

I am in the midst of packing up the freshwater/onyx necklace for return. It should be back at PP in a few days.

Kay

Ideal_Rock
4Ranch Girl|1410557535|3749970 said:
Pearl_Girl|1410481138|3749383 said:
I think Hisano did have smaller onyx links available because there was a short Tahitian strand (which didn't appear during the Connoisseur sale) which used small links - so perhaps you could get a smaller strand made up with smaller pearls?
I think this might be the strand you are speaking of. I got to model it at the ruckus for pictures.

Oh yeah, that one is really beautiful. I like that is has different sizes of onyx links included.

krissy7

Shiny_Rock
Bsomlo - That is such a beautiful and special necklace. I saw the tahitian/onyx version come up in the sale but was too slow getting it in my cart. What I think is so cool about your necklace is how the onyx links are interconnected themselves (at least it looks that way to me from pictures,correct me if I am wrong). I think about the skill and effort that might be involved in carving them that way.

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
krissy7 - your comment about the onyx chain reminds me that my husband has a chain made out of wood that he made as a child.

There are instructions here. http://www.wikihow.com/Whittle-a-Chain-out-of-Wood

I have also seen jade chains. I think the onyx chain is very cool, and this is a very neat piece with the stone chain and pearls.

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
I hadn't even thought of the complexity of carving the interconnected links. I'm even sadder to return it...

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
bsomlo|1410573107|3750126 said:
I hadn't even thought of the complexity of carving the interconnected links. I'm even sadder to return it...
But, you will be sooooo happy with the arrival of the Green Goddess! :bigsmile:

krissy7

Shiny_Rock

Seeing the pictures you posted of the fireball/diamond necklace you will be receiving, I think your sadness will be short-lived. That necklace is exquisite and I can't wait for you to post pictures!!!!

krissy7

Shiny_Rock
Fly Girl|1410572976|3750124 said:
krissy7 - your comment about the onyx chain reminds me that my husband has a chain made out of wood that he made as a child.

There are instructions here. http://www.wikihow.com/Whittle-a-Chain-out-of-Wood

I have also seen jade chains. I think the onyx chain is very cool, and this is a very neat piece with the stone chain and pearls.

Flygirl.....Thanks for posting that link. I will definitely check it out. A friend of my in-laws is a woodcarver so maybe I can pass this on and have him make some links for a bracelet or necklace!

krissy7

Shiny_Rock
krissy7|1410573717|3750131 said:

Seeing the pictures you posted of the fireball/diamond necklace you will be receiving, I think your sadness will be short-lived. That necklace is exquisite and I can't wait for you to post pictures!!!!

And I want to add I didn't intend at all for my comments to make you feel bad!!!!!!!

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
Oh, I don't feel really bad -- it just made me admire this piece even more.

I hope it will make someone else very happy.

Kay

Ideal_Rock
Does anyone remember the price of the Tahitian and onyx link necklace that sold the first day of the sale? Also, did anyone happen to save a picture?

Pearl_Girl

Rough_Rock
The onyx and Tahitian necklace from the sale was the longer 26 inch version. It was $360 and I posted a photo in the Connoisseur sale thread. The original price was $1600.

Kay

Ideal_Rock
Pearl_Girl|1410811852|3751401 said:
The onyx and Tahitian necklace from the sale was the longer 26 inch version. It was $360 and I posted a photo in the Connoisseur sale thread. The original price was $1600.

Holy crap, it sold for $360?! That was one happy buyer!

Pearl_Girl

Rough_Rock
I guess that explains why it sold so quickly :D

I paid a bit more than the sale price for mine but it was still a lot less than the original price. PP still has the onyx links in store so if you want one I'm sure they can make it up for you.

NacreLover

Brilliant_Rock
One reason to pick this up and ditch the big white pearls and add your own Tahitians. The one of the whites could added to a bracelet or something perhaps. I love the links.

Pearl_Girl

Rough_Rock
I have access to a computer now, so can post a photo of the Tahitian necklace.

I actually did ask PP about buying the freshwater version and replacing the freshwater pearls with Tahitians, but I think the links in the freshwater version are much bigger than the links used for the Tahitian version.

_433.png

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
The freshwater version arrived back at PP today (really fast!) so if anyone is interested, they can inquire about it from PP.

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Pearl_Girl|1410811852|3751401 said:

Omg that is a steal! Was it a typo? Maybe it was supposed to be $860? :think:
Oh yeah, happy buyer indeed!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results