shape
carat
color
clarity

GRS picture doesn't match the stone?

dm-smith

Rough_Rock
Hi, guys. I'm new to the world of gemstone, but I want to buy my first stone for my mom's birthday :)
Long story short, I've been visiting many gem dealer physically and online, and I've fell in love with one stone sold in this site:
http://www.rwwise.com/

The problem is, the stone in his website doesn't match the one in the certificate. Is this even possible? Attached are the pic of the stones
Thank you

976.jpg

2007-011867.jpg

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
No way to tell for sure because the vendor photo and the GRS photo obviously use different light sources.

If you flip the GRS photo 90 degrees, it does then take on the same general shape as the vendor photo shape. However, the only way to be sure is the measurements and the carat weight on the GRS report must exactly match the stone in question.

rwruby.jpg

Starzin

Brilliant_Rock
You could also ask Richard about the seeming discrepancy.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, it is possible that the picture looks different. I believe that Richard is now retired from the gem business so this may be moot point. In general, when purchasing, make sure the vendor offers a generous review/return period with a full refund, then purchase the stone for a review. If inexperienced, I would line up a independent appraiser to help confirm that the stone matches up to the lab report. For the most part, it is easy enough to check the mm measurements with an electronic caliper and weigh the stone to get the carat weight.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results