shape
carat
color
clarity

PP Tahitian pearls on sale!

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
The Tahitian strand that I ordered near the end of the sale (photos near the bottom of page 21 of this thread) has been extended to 19.5 inches and is ready for shipping.

Chenai sent me a glamour shot of the finished strand. Pricescope fades the photo, but in the original, every pearl has this gorgeous green halo. Looking forward to getting it, and hoping it goes well with my Tahitian rope from the sale.

tstrandsep_11_2014_1.jpg

juliebeth

Shiny_Rock
pkinnew! OMG you have cleaned up this week! these are the BESTEST tahitians i've seen! such color! such variation! so many different things to look at from every angle! good score, good job. :)

ETA: Flygirl, those are just gorgeous - i want to see neck shots asap! :)

Kay

Ideal_Rock
icy_jade|1410416494|3748870 said:
Oh! So you got the pistachios! Glad it went to a good home and your circled strand looks fab too... Now... If only PP will do a circled pearls special...

Yes, that's what my collection needs!

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Fly Girl: Did you ask for the glamor shot or does PP usually send one? I can't wait to see that beauty on your neck!

Kay: Yeah! Great minds think alike? :) I'm thinking colourful circled pearl ropes...

Kay

Ideal_Rock
Juliebeth, thanks for posting the strand I so enjoyed staring at across the dinner table! (And holding in my hot little hands, lol.) The rings really do have a carved/sculpted look to them that gives the strand so much interest along with those gorgeous colors. The pistachio strand looks great on you too – I’m glad it went to a good home!

Pkinnew, the colors in your 26” strand are so yummy! Love those stripes of color. The intense coloration of your peacock rope is something else. I really like the 26” and 35” lengths combined on you – 61” of gorgeous! You’ve received some amazing Tahitians this week.

Fly Girl, your latest strand is beautiful. Green haloes sounds yummy – too bad PS makes the colors in photos look so much duller. I look forward to seeing neck shots -- alone and combined with your rope.

Kay

Ideal_Rock
icy_jade|1410482158|3749398 said:
Fly Girl: Did you ask for the glamor shot or does PP usually send one? I can't wait to see that beauty on your neck!

Kay: Yeah! Great minds think alike? :) I'm thinking colourful circled pearl ropes...

A rope of colorful circled pearls sounds fabulous! Or maybe colorful circled Tahitians combined with black spinel beads a la the Gellner Castaway? (I love Pinkjewel's project, but don't have the budget for rounds now.)

Kay

Ideal_Rock
Chenai sent me a photo to approve the layout of my Tahitian rope that is being turned into 2 strands. The pearls range from 9 mm to 12.4 mm. The strand with the larger pearls will be the longer (19”) outer strand and the strand with the smaller pearls will be the shorter (18”) inner strand when worn. (It was photographed with the smaller strand on the outside to show the smaller pearls better.) The luster is so shiny – I just keep staring at the picture.

tahitians__ruckus_double_mock-up_.jpg

Pearl_Girl

Rough_Rock
Those are beautiful! I really like double strand necklaces, they work much better on me than ropes.

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
Oh, they're scrumptious!

Bailey1856

Shiny_Rock
pkinnew|1410466369|3749226 said:
Neck shots of the two sale strands together! I will try and take pictures in the sunlight but I'm afraid the pearls won't show their true colors - we'll see!

Pkinnew, this reminds of the double strand the model is wearing (with the dark fuschia dress) in one of PP's blog. I adore this look. How long is the rope?

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock

Thank you, all. I'm looking forward to getting this necklace.

icy_jade - I generally don't ask for glamour shots. In this case work was being done on the piece and additional pearls were being added. I think it is less expensive for PP to send you a picture than to send you a necklace with parts that you weren't expecting and then have to deal with a return.

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The luster really is amazing! And the overtones are mesmerizing . Can't wait to see it!!

Frost Me

Brilliant_Rock
Kay|1410483094|3749410 said:
Chenai sent me a photo to approve the layout of my Tahitian rope that is being turned into 2 strands. The pearls range from 9 mm to 12.4 mm. The strand with the larger pearls will be the longer (19”) outer strand and the strand with the smaller pearls will be the shorter (18”) inner strand when worn. (It was photographed with the smaller strand on the outside to show the smaller pearls better.) The luster is so shiny – I just keep staring at the picture.

Kay - Those colors are a great mix, soooooo jealous, but soooooo happy for you! :love:

4Ranch Girl

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful and perfect. Which clasp did you decide on for them?

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Kay|1410482655|3749404 said:

A rope of colorful circled pearls sounds fabulous! Or maybe colorful circled Tahitians combined with black spinel beads a la the Gellner Castaway? (I love Pinkjewel's project, but don't have the budget for rounds now.)

A la the Gellner castaway sounds fab too! How about both? :naughty: Think the heavily circled pearls that I like should be cheaper than smooth drops.

Your rope looks luscious... Those yummy colors. You know what, think I'm gonna be last for sure cos I haven't gotten the mock up photo... So post more pics when you get your rope ya?

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Fly Girl|1410486835|3749458 said:

Thank you, all. I'm looking forward to getting this necklace.

icy_jade - I generally don't ask for glamour shots. In this case work was being done on the piece and additional pearls were being added. I think it is less expensive for PP to send you a picture than to send you a necklace with parts that you weren't expecting and then have to deal with a return.

That makes sense. Thanks for explaining.

Kay

Ideal_Rock
4Ranch Girl|1410495720|3749532 said:
Beautiful and perfect. Which clasp did you decide on for them?

I'm using the Orbit clasp in WG. It should look like pretty gold links when the clasps are visible to create a rope.

Thank you so much for choosing these pearls for me! I can't wait to wear them. When Chenai sent the photo today, I was thinking how well they would have gone with my outfit today.

The pearls look so much more colorful in the original picture than in the picture as modified by PS.

Kay

Ideal_Rock
icy_jade|1410496668|3749536 said:
Kay|1410482655|3749404 said:

A la the Gellner castaway sounds fab too! How about both? :naughty: Think the heavily circled pearls that I like should be cheaper than smooth drops.

Your rope looks luscious... Those yummy colors. You know what, think I'm gonna be last for sure cos I haven't gotten the mock up photo... So post more pics when you get your rope ya?

Both sounds great to me, but my wallet and husband would disagree. I have pictures saved of Andy Müller pendants with heavily circled Tahitians that I drool over. You are so lucky to have access to his jewelry.

There will be plenty of pictures when I get my rope.

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Kay|1410511423|3749578 said:
Both sounds great to me, but my wallet and husband would disagree. I have pictures saved of Andy Müller pendants with heavily circled Tahitians that I drool over. You are so lucky to have access to his jewelry.

Indeed... I'm excited yet afraid (for my wallet) when I see those Tahitians next month. If you ever visit Asia, you can probably make an appt visit his local agents. There is one in almost every major Asian city.

Will your rope be shipping soon?

pkinnew

Brilliant_Rock
Fly Girl - Your new green Tahitians are fantastic and I think 19.5" is a great length!! I can't wait to see them on you, maybe mix and match with some of your other beautiful strands?!

Kay - I'm really loving the double strand look and yours is very elegant yet fun. I know you'll love it when it arrives!

Bailey1856 - The long rope is 35" and the multi-color is 26". It's my first strand at 26" and I'm really liking it. Plus I added the Senora clasp which will allow me to wear an enhancer with it!

Kay

Ideal_Rock
icy_jade|1410522125|3749605 said:
Kay|1410511423|3749578 said:

Indeed... I'm excited yet afraid (for my wallet) when I see those Tahitians next month. If you ever visit Asia, you can probably make an appt visit his local agents. There is one in almost every major Asian city.

Will your rope be shipping soon?

I hope the rope will be shipping next week. I asked Chenai to look for a pair of matching drops for earrings, which is easier to do while she still has the strand.

I would be in so much trouble if I got near an Andy Muller dealer. Your harvest strand is the one that made me really want one. Maybe I could afford one of his pendants, lol. I love the ones that have a sculptural and almost industrial look to them.

andy_muller-3_15mm-black-pearls-on-steel.jpg

Frost Me

Brilliant_Rock

I will start another thread for my questions, sorry​

Frost Me

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Pearl Girls, :wavey: I received my 2nd strand of Dark Green Tahitians with Peacock overtones on Friday and I can't be more please. The surface quality, luster, and color are spot on with the first strand its amazing. The two strands together are near identical twins. My goal was just to complement so that they could be worn together and have the quantity for a future remodel along with adding other colors and possible shapes. Thank you Fly Girl & 4RanchGirl for reminding me/us about how important this lot of pearls was and mentioning that the quality may not come around again for a while. Here are a few pics.

img_5061.jpg

First Strand Left, Second Strand Right
img_5062.jpg

img_5064.jpg

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Frost Me - Your two drop strands are simply gorgeous. :lickout:

You are welcome about the advice. In fact, today I happened to be looking at my PP history, and I asked in November 2013 about getting a peacock Tahitian strand in a drop shape, and was told that they did not have any. So, I'm glad they were here this summer to let us stock up. :bigsmile:

Frost Me

Brilliant_Rock
Fly Girl|1410742469|3751029 said:
Frost Me - Your two drop strands are simply gorgeous. :lickout:

You are welcome about the advice. In fact, today I happened to be looking at my PP history, and I asked in November 2013 about getting a peacock Tahitian strand in a drop shape, and was told that they did not have any. So, I'm glad they were here this summer to let us stock up. :bigsmile:

Me too, you Pearl Queens have brought me so far in my pearly adventures. XOXO

pkinnew

Brilliant_Rock
Wow Frost Me! Those two strands look amazing on you! What mm size are they? Great job picking them out!

Frost Me

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks pkinnew I love them. First one is 8.4 to 11.7 mm and the second 8.2 to 11.3 mm pretty close.

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
They look perfect! So glad they worked out.

Pirard

Brilliant_Rock
Those are lovely strands...and they look so much better on your neck. It amazes me how much pearls conform to our tones. Wear them in the best of health!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results