shape
carat
color
clarity

Has anyone been to the gem show in Marlborough, MA?

userangl28212003

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I was wondering what vendors people likes at the international gem show in Marlborough, MA for loose gemstones, for I am hoping to go there in November.

lilmosun

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't go just for gemstones so can only generalize. Prima did tell me that they would be there. Intergem posts a participating vendor list by show ahead of time as well.

I find the vendor mix varies a LOT from show-to-show. We never know what its going to be like and can be a total crap shoot if you are looking for a specific category (gems vs fine jewelry vs beads vs other). The 4th of July weekend show is dead, dead, dead and many vendors just now skip it. On the other hand, I've gotten some of my best buys at the slower shows.

Vendor list can also vary depending upon what other shows are going on the same weekend. Some of my vendors have mentioned that Chicago (?) and Hawaii are happening that weekend. But some who opted for Hawaii last year said they were coming back to Marlboro this time.

I still think its fun and worthwhile if you are in the area. Even if you don't buy, you can see stones in person and get a better idea of what you like and price range. All you need is one vendor there who has what you want at the price you want and it was worth the visit :)

userangl28212003

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thanks. I am planning to go to at least look around. Thanks for the response I know it could differ state to state, but was just wondering if usually the same venders goe. I am really excited to for it will be my first gem show :).

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results