shape
carat
color
clarity

What year did you get your current e/ring and what style?

What year did you get your current engagement ring (or before these dates) and what style is it?

Votes: 14 26.9%

Votes: 8 15.4%

Votes: 7 13.5%

Votes: 3 5.8%

Votes: 5 9.6%

Votes: 2 3.8%

Votes: 4 7.7%

Votes: 5 9.6%

Votes: 3 5.8%

Votes: 1 1.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

laurenk

Brilliant_Rock
Re: What year did you get your current e/ring and what style

2013 - this is my second ering - princess halo.

_22194.jpg

k_darling

Shiny_Rock
Trade

I got married in 2009, but got a new ring this year. It's an OEC in an original platinum Edwardian setting.

Ally66

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

1987: Original e-ring was an 18K yellow gold solitaire with a 0.43 round brilliant diamond.
2003: Added 0.33 side stones to make a 3-stone for our 15th anniversary.
NOW: The 3 stones are with Caysie for a reset into a beautiful bezel setting. Can't wait to share!

LoveLikeCrazy

Brilliant_Rock

2014 - 6 prong solitaire Tiffany replica (vatche u113)

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

2007 - FLY in a halo with specialty cut baguette side stones.

SandyinAnaheim

Brilliant_Rock

2014 - HPD custom-designed common U-Prong RB with shared prong RB sides, also U-pronged. Gleams so brilliantly that I have not yet been able to capture with a camera what my eyes see.

_22241.jpg

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium

2014 - This is my 25th anniversary e-ring upgrade from Erica at Love Affair Diamonds.

2.20ct GIA L VS1 antique cushion in a bezel Bella halo.

dscn1619.jpg

dscn1626.jpg

TC1987

Brilliant_Rock

1993: Didn't have PS or Internet then. Wanted a vintage look, but there was nothing reproduction on the market then. YG was everywhere, bypass settings, lots of marquise centers with explosions of baguettes and/or sprays of tiny sidestones, very '80s looking. Platinum was just coming back but the only styles offered were solitaires and very plain. Then I saw someone wearing a RB in a big-looking vintage type ring. Asked her about it, and she said it was a remount that she got at a local jeweler. I looked at British bridal magazines, saw YG with diamonds + colored stones (rubies, emeralds, or dark blue sapphires.) Had the local jeweler make me a vintage-looking ring using .8ct RB, a Stuller illusion head, a YG step shank, and two rubies for sidestones. My wedding band was yg eternity band with alternating rubies and diamonds. It was gorgeous, and so unusual for the time. People were always grabbing my hand to see that wedding set.

2004: Divorced, so I dismantled and sold and repurposed stones from that set. Bought a 1.something well-cut H I1 eyeclean (really, it would be an SI2 today) diamond in a 6 prong Tiffany and found a cigar band-ish diamond ring guard at a local pawn shop. Wore that combo on the middle finger as a right hand ring. It doesn't look like a wedding set. Still have it.

2004: Bought a diamond halo setting and reset my OEC RB into that and it became my left hand ring, index finger. Still have it.

2007: Bought my first H&A superideal RB, about a 1.2 ct. But then found the mounting I'd planned on was discontinued. Never set that stone. Kept it a couple of years then decided it was just smarter to spend money to upgrade to a larger diamond rather than put $5000 into a custom halo setting. So, I traded it in a couple years later, just before the price hikes ...

2007: Fell into a super deal on a 8mm RB, a big-table European Cut but it's a nice performer. It's in a classic '40s/'50s platinum fishtail head setting flanked by two baguettes. The center diamond is a J/K color but the baguettes are very white. That contrast bugs me. The ring is too big for me. I am still procrastinating. Haven't reset it yet. Don't want to resize it because it's miles too big. I can't ever decide what to do with it. :lol: It's very silvery stone, kind of the "anti" to the OEC and the FIC RBs. A pretty diamond, with an icy character. I should do something with it.

2009: Traded in the H&A 1.2ct for a larger superideal H&A. It's in a contemporary white gold mounting. Decided I have hit the 'big enough" point and it's time to quit upgrading. It looks huge on my hand.

I still love halos. I'm going to get another one before they go out of style. I'll still wear my halos if they go out of style. I have many rings from various time periods and representing various fashion trends. I see no reason to not travel forward or backward in time. I like the variety. About the only styles I don't like are some of the '60s/'70s styles that were just too cutesy and weird for me.

vetrik

Shiny_Rock

2002 - see avatar, a round center, pave x-prong setting.

My original ering, I've still never found anything else I'd rather have. It's actually gotten easier to find settings like this since I got engaged, I had mine semi-custom made.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock

2005. (as pictured in my avatar) Generic asscher in platinum antique tank-ish style w/tapered baguettes and tiny bead-set stones on the top/bottom, engraved shank except for small spacing bar.

lambskin

Ideal_Rock
Premium

1988-oval with tapered baguettes set in plat. All my peers were doing YG settings. Plain thin wedding band in plat and then for 10 year anniversary I got a full eternity with east west baguettes set in plat. Never changed anything. Happy with the ER stone and the setting.

Snowdrop13

Ideal_Rock
Premium

1997, so also before buying online became a possibility! Although the good thing about going into a shop was being able to try on lots of different styles- I had expected to want a solitaire but found I liked the 3 stone, 18k yellow gold with platinum top. Still love it now....

yasssss

Shiny_Rock

March 2014! Princess set in a split shank. still obsessed ! img_0332__1_.jpg 20140422_164428.jpg

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
July 2012. MRB in custom Christopher Designs halo setting.

imageuploadedbytapatalk1410621832.jpg

imageuploadedbytapatalk1410621877.jpg

laurencat13

Rough_Rock

Got mine in December 2012

img_5527.jpg

HappyNewLife

Ideal_Rock
Premium

2014-- Tiffany inspired 6-prong platinum solitaire with a knife edge (diamond is a round brilliant)

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I think 2001 it was a 20 year update, 1 ct princess in simple setting solitaire, yellow good band, white gold head.

armywife13

Ideal_Rock

We have been married since 2008, but purchased a new ring this year. The ring is my avatar picture. It is an OEC set in a vintage fishtail prong setting with antique marquise and single cut side stones.

Rubies-R-Me

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Twenty four wonderful years.. three rings.. one sweet hubs. :love:
1990 - 1 carat round with tapered baguettes. Got a match and made them into earrings.
1996 - 2.86 carat pear with tapered baguettes. Sized it up from a 4 to a 9 and happily gave it to my mother in law.
2002 - 7 carat emerald with straight baguettes.. my current ring. If I ever upgrade I would want a really BIG heart shaped ruby instead.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

2012 15 year anniversary - 5 stone (2.59) with 2 x 30 pointers on each side.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results