shape
carat
color
clarity

Do you own any $200 jeans?

Tanzigrrl

Brilliant_Rock
Nope, I buy my jeans at Target, usually. $25 or under.

I'm all for super expensive accessories (excessories, as my husband calls them) but as long as the jeans fit well and look good, I'm in it to find a bargain.

With the money I save by getting my jeans at Target, I have funds left over for ridiculously priced purses, shoes, jewelry. Did I mention jewelry?

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
No, and I have actually never even tried on a pair of jeans that cost over $100! My jeans currently are Levi's and Gap. I'd have no bling money if I spent crazy amounts on clothes! I do buy an occasional Coach purse and that kind of thing, but I always buy with a discount of some kind!

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Only $200?
PFFFFFT!
DF you are so cheap! :nono:

http://thefashionguide.biz/2008/02/secret-circus-clothing-diamond-encrusted-jeans-sell-for-an-amazing-640000/index.html

Mrs. DF needs these jeans with real BUTT DIAMONDS, only $1,300,000.00.

Secret Circus Clothing Company launched its first collection on Tuesday, as part of London Fashion Week, and partied after at the Metropolitan Hotel.
They were probably celebrating the fact that they had aleady sold their most expensive item – a pair of jeans.
But not just any jeans, jeans that were hand-made in Los Angeles and then flown to England to be embellished with a design that includes 15 diamonds cut by London-based diamond firm Duttson Rocks.

And whose the buyer?
No one knows as they have chosen to remain annonymous, but it’s someone who can payout £640,000 for denim and someone who can wear a 27″ waist (or knows a friend who can).

So that has to be the first million dollar jeans !

1 marquise cut – 4.63 carats = £102,000
2 round brilliant cut – 6 carats each = £250,000
1 Princess Cut – 5.09 carats – £104,000
1 Pear cut – 5.37 carats £134,000
10 single carat diamonds = £50,000

Worried about losing a diamond in the washing machine?
No problem the jeans come with a little clasp which removes the diamonds before washing – phew!

screen_shot_2014-09-12_at_2.png

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
Yes. My average pair of jeans cost about the $175. My favorite brand is Paige Denim - they fit like a dream. I have a pair of jeans from Old Navy too, but the quality & fit is just not the same.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kenny...my wife wouldn't pay more than $20 for a pair of jeans.

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't wear jeans and dear hubby buys his at Costco.
Now that we are both retired, we are definitely NOT into fashion.
When I was working I did buy Calvin Klein and Christian Dior suits though.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dancing Fire|1410560777|3750012 said:
Kenny...my wife wouldn't pay more than $20 for a pair of jeans.

No No No, you silly husband. :hand:

YOU have to buy her the $1,300,000.00 jeans.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I do think expensive jeans are nicer. I find there is an obvious difference between a pair from Old Navy and premium denim. However, I think it really depends on your body type. My favorite kind are AG and they are expensive. However, when I figure my cost to wear, I rather have a few jeans I love and feel good in than lots of cheap jeans that I don't love. I, personally, would never spend $200 on dinner or a bottle of wine. Different things are important to different people.

amc80

Ideal_Rock
Tacori E-ring|1410563484|3750040 said:
I do think expensive jeans are nicer. I find there is an obvious difference between a pair from Old Navy and premium denim.

Agreed. I don't think I'd pay $200, but mine are all around $100.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
HAHA! No. Though I have no issue with those that do. And I've bought $200/pair jeans for my husband. I currently need to replace my jeans and am feeling grumpy about spending $100/pair on them.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
No but I don't usually wear jeans. All the jeans I have are from a long time ago when I used to wear them (but still I was never a big jean wearer) and they still fit so if I kept them just in case I decide I want to wear them again but doubtful.

I am more comfortable in other clothing. Leggings, yoga pants and even dresses. As Mr. Kroshka said jeans just don't breathe as well as other things. And as Monnie said there are too many other alternatives that are just more comfortable and in my opinion more flattering than jeans no matter the cost of the jeans. And I don't care for sneakers being worn with jeans but that's a whole other topic.

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
I've bought expensive jeans, but not $200 a bit cheaper (lucky brand). However since I manage to get paint on ALL MY CLOTHES, I don't buy any nice new clothes anymore. I go to go thrifting and consignment hunting. And maybe splurge on target now.

tweeter8177

Brilliant_Rock
momhappy|1410557171|3749966 said:
Yes. My average pair of jeans cost about the $175. My favorite brand is Paige Denim - they fit like a dream. I have a pair of jeans from Old Navy too, but the quality & fit is just not the same.

I too am a Paige fan! They always fit me like a glove!

My company moved to a casual dress code almost 2 years ago, so I wear jeans almost daily. Since I know longer wear dress pants, I have a bunch of premium jeans now. I am super picky on fit, so once I found a brand that fit perfectly , I have kept with them. I typically can find them on sale (Macy's events, Black Friday, etc.) so I rarely spend the $170-$200 full price. I have even bought them new on eBay. Since I almost always buy Paige jeans, I know the styles and sizes that fit me well, which makes on-line "sale" shopping easier.

You can actually get premium jeans for as low as $30 on clearance too. Although I just discovered this (but haven't purchased yet), 6pm.com has great prices if you check regularly and buy quickly. Also Macy's clearances are fabulous if you can find your size/style. Also...eBay of course.

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Begonia|1410544306|3749786 said:
Nope.

Levi's all the way and if I can get 'em at a thrift shop even better.

Even Levi's are pricey! The ones I wear retail for £90 which google says is $150 USD. That's creeping up quite close to the $200 mark!

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I used to buy quite a lot of 'label' clothes when I was in my teens and early 20s because, you know, having a social life meant having to have the 'right' labels.

Now I resent paying lots of money for clothes - a lot of my stuff is plain and non-label and comes from Primark (not sure if it's in the US?). I rarely wear jeans because I found some excellent linen trousers in there for £10, so I've just bought two pairs in each colour and wear them all the time! They are so comfy compared to jeans - lightweight, quick drying if they get wet, don't get you really really hot in summer (just really hot :lol:), and if I wear a hole in them, I just buy another pair. :)

I do have concerns they will stop selling them because they target the low-price, 'disposable' fashion market and, hence, seem to have a high turnover of stock lines and not many items that remain in stock, so I usually try to buy a new pair every other month to stockpile them. Why should I pay £50+ for some Gap trousers of exactly the same material and near-as-dammit construction, when I don't have to pay for the label at Primark! I see it all the time at a local independent 'label'-selling shop - a coat that was £500 is now £250, and will be reduced again by probably half before it sells. That says to me that there must be over £400 profit in that £500 price - and I have no wish to line someone else's pockets just to pay for a label.

I am instead thinking that I might take a trip to London and get some suits and shirts custom made - I am a slightly funny shape so it would be great to have good quality material in a tailored fit. 3 shirts for £250 or so, IIRC - that's less than buying something like Polo Ralph Lauren, and it will fit perfectly and be stitched by a skilled craftsman, rather than thrown together in a high-output factory in southern asia for pennies and sold at a premium price in the UK (not wishing to denigrate the excellent work the low-paid southern asian workers do under great pressure on our Primark and similarly priced products!).

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
tweeter8177|1410576662|3750152 said:

My company moved to a casual dress code almost 2 years ago, so I wear jeans almost daily. Since I know longer wear dress pants, I have a bunch of premium jeans now. I am super picky on fit, so once I found a brand that fit perfectly , I have kept with them. I typically can find them on sale (Macy's events, Black Friday, etc.) so I rarely spend the $170-$200 full price. I have even bought them new on eBay. Since I almost always buy Paige jeans, I know the styles and sizes that fit me well, which makes on-line "sale" shopping easier.

You can actually get premium jeans for as low as $30 on clearance too. Although I just discovered this (but haven't purchased yet), 6pm.com has great prices if you check regularly and buy quickly. Also Macy's clearances are fabulous if you can find your size/style. Also...eBay of course.

Thanks for the tips! I know exactly which styles & sizes work best for me too, so I should start checking sales sites, etc. I have sometimes found them during the Nordstrom pre-season sale that they have once a year and I usually buy a few pairs, which saves a little.
The most recent pair of Paige Denim I purchased is from their new luxury "Transcend" collection (for $170). They are super-soft and don't stretch out. I might just need to buy them in every color!!! :D

tweeter8177

Brilliant_Rock
momhappy|1410617341|3750286 said:
tweeter8177|1410576662|3750152 said:

Thanks for the tips! I know exactly which styles & sizes work best for me too, so I should start checking sales sites, etc. I have sometimes found them during the Nordstrom pre-season sale that they have once a year and I usually buy a few pairs, which saves a little.
The most recent pair of Paige Denim I purchased is from their new luxury "Transcend" collection (for $170). They are super-soft and don't stretch out. I might just need to buy them in every color!!! :D

Ha, I also bought a pair from the recent Nordstroms anniversary sale! I have not seen the Transcend collection, I will have to check them out! Although my husband will probably lose it if I buy another pair! :lol: I have noticed the newer styles are softer, which I love! But even softer would be great!

asscher_girl

Brilliant_Rock
Yep, for sure! Paige is my favorite brand but they usually run $185-195, so technically they are under $200 :Up_to_something: haha

I agree with the cut is king comment for jeans too! Expensive jeans just fit me better. I don't think I have any jean less than $100. $150-225 seems to be the range I end up buying within. I wear jeans to work a lot, the Bay Area is pretty casual but I still want to look nice and my designer jeans do the trick.

Oh and hubby also wears nice jeans in the same price point as me. He appreciates good quality and a great cut too :bigsmile:

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I can't see myself paying that much for jeans, although I understand why some do - Old Navy jeans fit me really well so I just stick with those. They're comfortable and fine for my lifestyle. If I wore jeans to work I would probably invest in somewhat more expensive and higher quality jeans.

amc80

Ideal_Rock
I wanted to add that my company also had a casual dress code, so I don't feel bad spending $100+ for jeans. I wear them every single day.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I also wear jeans to work most days. But I still gripe about the $100/pair price tag.

royalstarrynight

Shiny_Rock
I stick with under $20-30 jeans from Gap or old navy curvy fits on sale. They wear out every 2 years so I feel better knowing that I can rotate out of them without hitting myself hard on the wallet.

I just have better things to spend my money on. However, I have friends that swear by designer jeans. Each to their own!

laurenk

Brilliant_Rock
I love and live in Sass and Bide an Australian brand which I've worn for about 13 years now, so comfy and flattering and I don't need the skinny leg style to get taken up!! These are about $230aud but worth it! You can find them on eBay sometimes too!

IS_EDS

Rough_Rock
No, all my jeans are under $50. I am too frugal to spend $200 for a pair of jeans but I can spend $$$ for other things, like a purse.

Sky56

Brilliant_Rock
My favorites are the $8 K-Mart jeans. They are the only jeans I find comfortable - perfect fit, thinner material and they last a long time. I hoard them. I don't know what I'll do if they stop making them.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results