shape
carat
color
clarity

What do you think of my visit to Tiffany's

AVCadmirer

Shiny_Rock
Now I am trying to decide which size pointers looks the best with my solitaire. I am eventually looking at purchasing the Dream band eternity from BGD, however I wouldn't do 3 pointers but use 5 pointers instead if I went with the smallest size. At the moment I am tossing up between 5 or 8 pointers. I just am unsure if the 8 pointer is a little to much, what do you guys think?

Please excuse the weird thing Im doing with my pinkie btw I had trouble with focusing my phone with all the lighting, I am a size 9 and these are small size bands.
In order of the 3,8 & 13 pointers. The last pic was just band I saw in another jewellery store that my sister really like.

10699062_10203577219485072_752272091_n.jpg

10654161_10203576899117063_496875774_n.jpg

10681871_10203576899357069_4174368_n.jpg

mh_pic.jpg

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock
I would go with five pointers myself.

luvdajules

Brilliant_Rock
Hi OP, I'm in the same boat and although I love the sparkly bling, I agree with going smaller to let your gorgeous solitaire be the center of attention. I'm on the fence myself, I may just get a plain band.

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would do a plain band to wear with your ER and a larger band w diamonds to wear on its own or when you really want to bling it up. So I say plain band and 8 pointers!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Photo 2 or photo 4...

You have a beautiful e-ring with a huge diamond :love:

endless_summer

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I like photos 1 & 2 the best photo 1 seems to match the width of your e-ring and photo 2 because the diamonds are a little more prominent and better hold their own against your gorgeous, gorgeous solitaire :) If the 5 pointers are the choice in between the sizes of those pictures, I would imagine that it would give you the best of both worlds & a little more finger real estate to play with if you ever changed your set away from a solitaire.

SirGuy

Shiny_Rock
5- or 8-pointers seem reasonable to me. The 3's are a little dainty and the 13-pointers seem a little overpowering to me on your finger. As you seem to appreciate, bigger isn't always better! I think eternity bands can pair wonderfully with solitaires. I do see some folks get eternity bands that are big enough to look good on their own, and then try to stack with a solitaire to get the best of both worlds. It can sometimes result in an eternity that's too big for the look.

Tiffany's sure knows how to do store lighting, eh? 8-)

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
I liked the 8-pointer band. It seemed more balanced w the size of your ering solitaire, but not too small and not too big - very "Goldilocks" in that it looked "JUST RIGHT", to my eyes!! :D

Nice nails!!

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
I am a fan of narrower bling bec I like the main stone to pop so I'd go 5s.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ame|1410622636|3750343 said:
I am a fan of narrower bling bec I like the main stone to pop so I'd go 5s.

This is why I prefer the 5 pointers as well. It allows your ER diamond to shine and be the main star of the show so to speak.

rockhoundofficiando

Shiny_Rock
I would go with the 5's as I think the width of that band next to the solitaire is the most complimentary. You may want to consider going warmer in color for the diamond band to match your (beautiful) solitaire.

sarahb

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Beautiful ring--IMHO, I'd go with 5 as well. Maybe even 4.

When I got my WF Harmony, I went with 2 pointers. What a tough decision!! In the end, the larger stone size in the band just did not go well with my 3 stone. I bet you are pouring over EVERYTHING on PS just like I did!! Good luck with your decision!

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium

sarahb

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
M2B, it's a mutual admiration society as I adore your AVC--it is perfect--wow!! :appl: You are too kind, thank you :wavey:

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I initially thought 8 points might overpower your ering, but I really like how the 8 point band looks with your diamond! I think you'd be good with 5 point stones too - my sapphire ring has diamonds a little over 5 points each, and I was surprised by how big they are lol.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I say go big or later you will want to upgrade. I like the last two. Your diamond is big enough to star with any of those selections!

emmebee

Shiny_Rock
8 pt! It looks perfect!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What size if your solitaire? I have a 1.53 solitaire and bought a 5 pointer channel set band to wear with it and I feel it overpowers my solitaire. My old band was 3 pointers and I like it a lot better with my solitaire. I definitely believe less is best but of course it all boils down to what you like. Have fun shopping!

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Imo, anything up to 5 pointers would be fine.

I'm all about balance and I think the 8 pointers would compete with your beautiful solitaire.

In the past, I wore 3 pointers, then 1 pointers, and currently 5 pointers with my 3 ct. pear.

Have fun shopping.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
paulav|1410602069|3750242 said:
Please excuse the weird thing Im doing with my pinkie ...

I'm sorry, but I cannot forgive what you have done with your pinkie.
I'm calling the police.

:D

AVCadmirer

Shiny_Rock
:lol: Kenny well it is super weird.

Thanks everybody some much for your contribution, its true I have sourced through pages for hours and hours trying to make a decision. BTW my diamond for those that asked my stone is 3.2ct. At this stage I am leaning more towards the 5 pointers, I just hope they don't get lost of my larger finger. I don't like the 3 pointers but feel the 8 pointers just a tad to much so hopefully yes the 5 pointers will be just right. :pray:

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think the 5 pointers would be my choice. You engagement ring is gorgeous and the 5 pointer complements it beautifully.

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock
Photo 1- for me it compliments the e ring. It doesn't compete with your beautiful e ring. However if you like it to bling then pic 3.

chiquitapet

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful e-ring! I like pictures 2 and 4.

Sunstorm

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
To me the 5 pointers look the most balanced with your gorgeous solitaire. Nice hands and nails! What I would do is if you also love the bling then get a 5 stone RHR later with large stones, those look gorgeous too but to accompany your ering I would stick to the band with 5 pointers.

sarahb

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Ok, then I would also vote the 5 ptr's, since you're rocking a 3.2, wow!! Well done!! :love:

AVCadmirer

Shiny_Rock
Thank you all very much your opinions and compliments. I have decided on the BGD Dream Full eternity with 5 pointers. :lickout:
I to think it will look best with my solitaire for my taste, its not something I will wear daily though as I do like to wear my solitaire alone. But who knows once I receive it I might actually change my mind and wear it all the time.

endless_summer

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
paulav|1410736414|3750998 said:
Thank you all very much your opinions and compliments. I have decided on the BGD Dream Full eternity with 5 pointers. :lickout:
I to think it will look best with my solitaire for my taste, its not something I will wear daily though as I do like to wear my solitaire alone. But who knows once I receive it I might actually change my mind and wear it all the time.

It's such a hard decision when your considering differences of literally 10ths of millimeters, but I think the 5 pointers will be gorgeous, both with and without your e-ring, if you ever choose to wear the band alone - congrats on picking, and I hope you post lots of pics when the band arrives!

makemepretty

Brilliant_Rock
I feel diamonds can never be too big. I don't think it ever takes away from the solitaire shining, it only adds to it.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results