shape
carat
color
clarity

Who preordered the iPhone6/6+

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
I planned to, but they won't sell it unlocked/full price presale which is stupid. I don't want to steal my husband's upgrade, and he refuses to take my 5S because his 4 "still works" right now. So I have a pending sale with Gazelle (where I usually sell my phones) for when I get the new one. Hopefully I can just buy it outright next week. ATT won't unlock this one til I get the new one.

alexah

Brilliant_Rock
I'll be getting one in 6 months when our old contract is up... we're thinking of switching to a different carrier.

Tmobile sells them unlocked - not that that helps you (sorry)!

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
alexah|1410527763|3749672 said:
I'll be getting one in 6 months when our old contract is up... we're thinking of switching to a different carrier.

Tmobile sells them unlocked - not that that helps you (sorry)!
Yea that does not help. They're not technically unlocked at the time of sale, actually. You have a waiting period before it's technically unlocked to use on another carrier.

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I haven't yet, but I'm planning to hit a T-Mbobile store tonight ... I'd been thinking of getting an iPad mine, because though I love my phone, it's just a wee bit too small for absolutely everything. The 6+ looks like it might be the perfect compromise, and this way I don't have to juggle another device ....

asscher_girl

Brilliant_Rock
My 2 year contract is up in December so I'll be getting the 6 then. My 5 is still working great but I would love a slightly bigger phone. The 6+ is just too big though, won't fit well in a clutch for evenings out so the 6 it is :bigsmile:

Ame - I have AT&T as well and was wondering about the unlocking. So will my 5 be unlocked once I get the 6? Which means I can buy sim cards in other countries and use the 5 when traveling abroad right? I think that's how it works but I haven't researched it yet.

Now I just want them to release a macbook air with retina! I want to replace my 4 year old macbook but really want an Air with retina. Hopefully that will be soon.

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hubby will get the 6+ but I am not sure. I used my last upgrade for my son, so mine is not due for an upgrade until January. I really want to see the phones in person first to decide. I have a 4S and it is fine for my uses. I am not sure if the larger phones will fit my purse pockets and I don't like it just floating in my purse. We will stay with Sprint because I like the unlimited data. My +3 son will be going back to Japan and I think he would love an unlocked phone so he can switch carriers when he wants to.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
asscher_girl|1410531596|3749703 said:
My 2 year contract is up in December so I'll be getting the 6 then. My 5 is still working great but I would love a slightly bigger phone. The 6+ is just too big though, won't fit well in a clutch for evenings out so the 6 it is :bigsmile:

Ame - I have AT&T as well and was wondering about the unlocking. So will my 5 be unlocked once I get the 6? Which means I can buy sim cards in other countries and use the 5 when traveling abroad right? I think that's how it works but I haven't researched it yet.

Now I just want them to release a macbook air with retina! I want to replace my 4 year old macbook but really want an Air with retina. Hopefully that will be soon.
That's coming I think next year as I understand it. I was holding off on a Macbook Pro til it came with the Broadwell chip but that's STILL not looking probable anytime this year, so I might just wait for the new ones and then buy the current one when that goes "on sale."

Re: Unlocking:
You can request the unlocking through ATT's site once the contract on that line has been fulfilled: https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/termsAndCondition

Since I am planning to buy the 6 unlocked full price, I will activate the new one on my line, then request the unlock on the old phone after the new one is activated on my line. Once it's unlocked you should be able to use it with a SIM elsewhere, yes. I am unlocking it so I can sell it but that would be another way to do it.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
luv2sparkle|1410531858|3749706 said:
Hubby will get the 6+ but I am not sure. I used my last upgrade for my son, so mine is not due for an upgrade until January. I really want to see the phones in person first to decide. I have a 4S and it is fine for my uses. I am not sure if the larger phones will fit my purse pockets and I don't like it just floating in my purse. We will stay with Sprint because I like the unlimited data. My +3 son will be going back to Japan and I think he would love an unlocked phone so he can switch carriers when he wants to.
I use hard cases AND a phone pouch for mine. I like pouches from this Etsy seller: https://www.etsy.com/shop/SeaSideSew

tweeter8177

Brilliant_Rock
ame|1410533435|3749718 said:

That's coming I think next year as I understand it. I was holding off on a Macbook Pro til it came with the Broadwell chip but that's STILL not looking probable anytime this year, so I might just wait for the new ones and then buy the current one when that goes "on sale."

You can request the unlocking through ATT's site once the contract on that line has been fulfilled: https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/client/en_US/termsAndCondition

Since I am planning to buy the 6 unlocked full price, I will activate the new one on my line, then request the unlock on the old phone after the new one is activated on my line. Once it's unlocked you should be able to use it with a SIM elsewhere, yes. I am unlocking it so I can sell it but that would be another way to do it.

Ame - The link for unlocking an AT&T phone brings me to a generic page. What section is it under on the website? I would love to unlock my phone for selling it.

And to the original question, yes, I preordered the 6 today! My contract just ended this month and I will love a bigger screen!

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mine is ordered and being deliver next Friday. I got the 6, not the 6+. Too big for my femail hands. My son has giant hands (and works for apple) and he will be getting the 6+.

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
I did, iPhone 6+, after confirmation (like 12 hours later) they said they couldn't process my payment which is HILARIOUS :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: since I have ample amounts of funds in that account/on that card.... so yeah who knows now!

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
tweeter8177|1410543782|3749782 said:

Ame - The link for unlocking an AT&T phone brings me to a generic page. What section is it under on the website? I would love to unlock my phone for selling it.

And to the original question, yes, I preordered the 6 today! My contract just ended this month and I will love a bigger screen!
https://www.att.com/deviceunlock
see if that works?

I had to get there from the Gazelle site. So maybe that's why?

tweeter8177

Brilliant_Rock
tweeter8177|1410543782|3749782 said:

Ame - Forget it, I found it!! Thanks for letting us know about the option!

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have a Sprint iphone5 .. so don't think unlocking applies. And I DONT WANT A NEW PHONE but to save $ over the next 2 years it looks like my husband will switch from Verizon and join me on a Sprint family plan - but to get the best rate and save the most $ over time, we both have to upgrade. THIS MAKES NO SENSE TO ME and I'm so mad at the industry right now I can't even see straight. We spent all morning on a freaking Google spreadsheet assessing our options. (Our "paying too much" problem all started when he insisted on switching to Verizon for "better coverage" -- and now realizes, not so much. And def. not worth being on different pricey individual plans on different carriers. RAGE.)

How did you come to your decision?

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Since the deathstar no longer allows annual upgrades like they used to due to that scammy NEXT nonsense, I am going to just start buying my phones outright on the years I am not on upgrade, that way I can not have to screw my contract renewal date up. I sell my phone usually anyway, since DH never wants it, so I offset the majority of that cost anyway and it's not far off in the end from the upgrade price. But in order to make the most money off a resale, the old one has to be unlocked. I don't necessarily need the new one to be unlocked, but it needs to be full price and not on contract. The Tmo one is still locked to Tmo.

We've been with the deathstar for several years, after sprint made it absolutely worthless for me to remain a customer of theirs. I don't love Verizon, but if I was between Sprint and Big Red, I'd go Big Red. I will not patronize Sprint again, because customer satisfaction and loyalty does not matter to them anymore. I had them for over a decade and they decided arbitrarily, as a "courtesy" to me, to remove any and all discounts that made my service worth keeping. After that, we had no reason to stay. ATT bought out our contracts and we walked away in a second. Between our combined stacked work-related discounts at the deathstar, we save a good chunk and have pretty good service and more data on our plan than we can use if we tried. I don't travel out of the country much at all, but his mom does, and he has for work, so having GSM matters now.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've used Verizon since my first cell phone, and I haven't ever considered changing because I have been places where people with other carriers could not get service or had dropped calls when I could. We have a great family share plan and share data between 3 people.

My daughter and I have the 5 and we are going tonight to order the 6. She will get the 6 for sure and I am debating about the 6+. I'd love the larger size but wonder if it will just be too big once the case is on it. I do think it is a great plus over getting the iPad mini, though. Does anyone know if the wireless stores have demo 6's to show? I really need to see one, too.

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
My DH is getting one - I'm not. Typically, he upgrades and I get his hand-me-down IPhone, which is fine by me. Unfortunately (for me), he wants the 6+ and I don't. It's just too darn big. He keeps trying to convince me how great it is, but he doesn't get that I pretty much just use my phone for calling and texting, so all of the hoop-la associated with the 6+ doesn't really apply. Bigger does not always equal better, so I guess that we will have to figure out how to "recycle" his 6+ when the time comes.

pandabee

Ideal_Rock
I just preordered the 6. Trading in my 4S via Verizon to get a $200 credit woohoo! I had traded my brother's 4S for the 5S last year through Gazelle and was able to get full price for it to trade in for his new phone but of course they were only going to pay me like $75 for the 4S this year so I was happy to see the Verizon trade in deal. FI is getting the 6 too, selling his 5 through Gazelle (he's also got AT&T so his is worth more).

amc80

Ideal_Rock
I'm up for renewal on 11/17, so I'll be getting the 6 at that point. Verizon is buying the 5 for $200 right now...hopefully they will still be doing that then. Otherwise, I'll sell it on Ebay for $200-250. DH is getting the 6+ because he's insane.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
We just went to Verizon and ordered the 6. As much as I like the larger screen on the 6+, it is just too big for a phone. I felt like I was holding up an iPad mini to my ear almost (they had some cases and not the actual phones). I guess I will be happy having a slightly larger screen than I have now. Delivery was said to be by Oct. 7. Love the $200 trade-in, too!

Resonance.Of.Life

Brilliant_Rock
Yup, I preordered the 6+ and I have TINY hands. :) I had the note and I loved the screen real estate, I no longer had to go cross-eyed while reading emails (this is how it felt when I had the iphone 4) and I now have an S5... that's the reason why I didn't get the previous incarnations of the iphone, the screen size.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I saw a cardboard version of both phones at the store today. The 6+ is about the size of a TI 83 calculator.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I can get an upgrade October 3. I will probably get an iPhone 6. I have a 5 right now.

Resonance.Of.Life

Brilliant_Rock
Samsung Note: 5.78 x 3.27 inches
Iphone6 plus: 6.22 X 3.06 inches
Samsung S5: 5.59 x 2.85 inches
Ti-83 calculator: 7.3 x 3.5 inches

I can comfortably use the Note, so I suspect the Iphone6 plus will not be an issue. I have really tiny hands, that is an augmentin pill in my hand if you want to see how small my hands are.

pill.jpg

asscher_girl

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks Ame! That's awesome! (the link didn't work for me either so I just used their search function for device unlock). I'll definitely do that to my 5 once I get the 6. I don't want to pay for international calling/internet when I'm traveling so now I can just use my older phone with a SIM card instead! Woo-hoo!

I really hope I don't have to wait a year for the retina display on the macbook air.... uggg! I really need to replace my laptop this year. I'll need to go to the store soon and compare the air to the pro w/ retina display. Maybe I don't really need it, we'll see....

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Resonance.Of.Life|1410577893|3750156 said:

I can comfortably use the Note, so I suspect the Iphone6 plus will not be an issue. I have really tiny hands, that is an augmentin pill in my hand if you want to see how small my hands are.

I actually had Verizon open an Otterbox case for the Note and S4or5 to get an idea of the size in a case, and I still felt like the 6+ would be difficult to manage, but that is because I am coming from an iPhone 5. If you were used to a Note, then I can see how the transition would be much easier. I still would like the size of the screen, but it would not fit in the pockets of my purse and that kind of thing, and I was a little afraid to try it. However, I have 14 days to return the 6 and change it if I decide to. I might should have done it the other way actually and tried the 6+ and then changed to the 6 if I didn't like it. Ugh! It is so much easier when there is only one choice!

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
asscher_girl|1410581063|3750172 said:
Thanks Ame! That's awesome! (the link didn't work for me either so I just used their search function for device unlock). I'll definitely do that to my 5 once I get the 6. I don't want to pay for international calling/internet when I'm traveling so now I can just use my older phone with a SIM card instead! Woo-hoo!

I really hope I don't have to wait a year for the retina display on the macbook air.... uggg! I really need to replace my laptop this year. I'll need to go to the store soon and compare the air to the pro w/ retina display. Maybe I don't really need it, we'll see....
Yknow I don't "care" that much about those macbooks with the retina. Its nice but my primary need is the POW-AH. So I am all about the specs inside on those.

I ended up having a wild Friday. I spoke with ATT about how to unlock my 5s when my new phone is bought and they pretty much told me they'd only unlock that one if I did an upgrade because buying it outright and activating it doesn't supplant my 5S. Which I think is utter BS. But they did let me do early upgrade for a slight discount over full price but that doesn't affect my full upgrade next year, so I did it. I don't care if this one is unlocked, I just wanted my 5s unlocked so I could sell it. Im satisfied.

Then 20 minutes later I left work and totaled my car. Some a-hole decided not to get on the highway afterall and just STOPPED in the intersection and caused a chain reaction and then left! I had to have the firemen yank my f'ing door off, so I could get out. Probably whiplash/concussion and lots of serious bruising but Im ok. Dammit! I went with the ambulance to get checked out because they were all sure I had a concussion. My husband took care of the towing for me and then met me and my mom (she met the ambulance) at the ER.

tweeter8177

Brilliant_Rock
ame|1410625087|3750369 said:
asscher_girl|1410581063|3750172 said:

Yknow I don't "care" that much about those macbooks with the retina. Its nice but my primary need is the POW-AH. So I am all about the specs inside on those.

I ended up having a wild Friday. I spoke with ATT about how to unlock my 5s when my new phone is bought and they pretty much told me they'd only unlock that one if I did an upgrade because buying it outright and activating it doesn't supplant my 5S. Which I think is utter BS. But they did let me do early upgrade for a slight discount over full price but that doesn't affect my full upgrade next year, so I did it. I don't care if this one is unlocked, I just wanted my 5s unlocked so I could sell it. Im satisfied.

Then 20 minutes later I left work and totaled my car. Some a-hole decided not to get on the highway afterall and just STOPPED in the intersection and caused a chain reaction and then left! I had to have the firemen yank my f'ing door off, so I could get out. Probably whiplash/concussion and lots of serious bruising but Im ok. Dammit! I went with the ambulance to get checked out because they were all sure I had a concussion. My husband took care of the towing for me and then met me and my mom (she met the ambulance) at the ER.

Ame - I am so sorry about your accident! :(( I hope you recover quickly and it is only bruises! Glad you can get your 5S unlocked at least! I plan on unlocking my 5 for selling too. Thanks again for sharing the information.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sure thing! I am just glad it wasn't worse.

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
Resonance.Of.Life|1410577893|3750156 said:

I have tiny hands too (ring size 3.25), but for me the sizing issue with the 6+ is not just about how it fits and/or feels in my hands. It's more about just not wanting and/or needing a giant phone. I don't care about screen size, but I do care about how my phone fits in my purse (some of my bags have phone pockets that might not even fit the 6+) and I carry mostly clutches when I go out at night and there's not much real estate in those. Not to mention, a phone that big, looks ridiculous on me :lol: - it's like I'm holding one of these:

o-cell-phone-birthday-facebook.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results