shape
carat
color
clarity

Please help me pick an Emerald Cut

firststone

Rough_Rock
Hello everyone,

First of all, I will say thank you in advance for your help and advice.

I need to find an EC diamond within the week in order to meet my deadline. I live in Australia and there are no vendors here who can call in EC's or provide me with a video of EC's I am interested in. All the selections I am choosing are based overseas therefore it's been really difficult.

The vendor that I am dealing with can only provide me with an image and its all I can go off at this point. I have chosen 3 EC's and if there are any EC experts who can look at an image and know if it's a dud or not, please let me know.

Thank you so much!

•Shape: Emerald
•Weight: 1.20ct
•Colour: D
•Clarity: VVS2
•Fluorescence: None
•Polish: Excellent
•Symmetry: Excellent
•Measurements: 7.00x5.18x3.52
•Length: Width Ratio: 1.35 : 1
•Table: 63%
•Depth: 68%

•Colour: F
•Clarity: VVS1
•Symmetry: Very Good
•Measurements: 7.31x5.08x3.31
•Length:Width Ratio: 1.44 : 1
•Table: 63%
•Depth: 65.2%

•Colour: F
•Clarity: VVS1
•Symmetry: Very Good
•Measurements: 7.17x4.97x3.41
•Length:Width Ratio: 1.44 : 1
•Table: 60%
•Depth: 68.6%

_22288.jpg

_22289.jpg

_22290.jpg

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I wish I could help you with those images. But I can't. I don't know anything about the photo set up. If they can't get you a video or ASET then... I don't know what to tell you.

Would you consider buying from a US vendor that provides videos, ASETs and so forth instead? You really shouldn't buy a diamond online without the most information possible.

firststone

Rough_Rock
Thank you Gypsy!

Can you recommend any vendors in the US? I have had a look but not sure which ones offer videos and aset reports.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
James Allen and Good Old Gold.
Please give us budget, color (H or better usually) and clarity (VS2 or better usually) and requirements and let us help you.

firststone

Rough_Rock
I am looking at anything similar to the above specs and my budget is $8-9k.
D-F
If-vs1
1.20-1.30 ct
Unfortunately, GOG do not accept international cards therefore I could not go through them. Thank you!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Does James Allen?

Thanks! Also, I recommend you consider G color. And VS2 that is eyeclean.

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'd guess the third one is the best of the three but it is difficult to tell - I agree with the others (both ladies really know their stuff when it comes to Emerald cuts) there is not enough information to tell without an ASET and the different background colours and lighting are showing the stones at their best and hiding any potential problems they might have. Are you in Australia?

firststone

Rough_Rock
Gypsy, I've just been on JA and they do accept International credit cards :)

Arkieb1, thank you! yes I am based in Australia.

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Great, give everyone your budget and your general size and colour preferences and people will suggest a number of diamonds from JA for you to consider.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
You shop for emerald cuts by spread (dimensions) not weight. A 1.2 carat EC can actually face up smaller than a 1.0 carat EC depending on the depth and other factors of each stone.

firststone

Rough_Rock
Thank you so much Gypsy! I selected 3 diamonds and JA are going to get back to me with the aset reports within the next few days :)

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results