shape
carat
color
clarity

Should I buy this rock????

Bigboozer

Rough_Rock
Hey everyone, I have been looking for just the right diamond to propose. I keep going back to this one. i like the dimensons and it will face up pretty big I believe. any advice would be very appreciated. With a stone that size will it be ok being an I color? the stone will be in a halo setting. I dont want it to look yellow compared to the other stones.check out the link and let me know what you think!!!

http://www.jamesallen.com/loose-diamonds/cushion-cut/2.06-carat-i-color-si1-clarity-sku-356653

356653id.jpg

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The aset doesnt look to bad to me. It's sort of a different look. I actually like it but I could see how some people might not.

You might have it sent to you before having it set to make sure you love it.

Colorwise its an "I" so you might see some color difference between the main stone and the halo if you are looking for it but it wont be unpleasing unless you are really color sensitive.

Check out the halo threads on SMTB forum and I'm sure you'll
See some l colored stones.

Btw - the stone may not be symmetrical with respect to contrast so you need to make sure that doesnt bother you.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I don't care for the stone's faceting. And I prefer stronger contrast performance.

Would I buy it? No.

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What's your budget?

Bigboozer

Rough_Rock
Thank you everyone for the help. my budget is 12k. Good old gold really does have some nice stones. Do they only buy the ones that they really like? Ive attahed a link to one that I am also considering. I think it out performs the first one I listed above, however it is .30ct smaller:(
http://www.goodoldgold.com/diamond/12500/

Bigboozer

Rough_Rock
I prefer a l/w ratio of 1.10,can i be that picky with gog? Will they try and find a stone for me? I am compelled to buy through gog just because of all the info they provide on there diamonds. I have been looking alot on james allen but i believe that gog beats them out when it comes to aset/sparkle/scintilation. with that said gog comes with a price tag.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yes. Call GOG. or ERD (not Brilliantly Engaged).

Bigboozer

Rough_Rock
Brilliantly engaged is ERD, am I wrong. I am going to see what he has as well.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Bigboozer|1410569018|3750089 said:
Brilliantly engaged is ERD, am I wrong. I am going to see what he has as well.

No you are right.

sunkissedx3

Rough_Rock
No, too much leakage and the table is huge.

RetroTreeGal

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I agree with Gypsy and JulieN. The b2c 1.09 is the nicest in the thread. I'm not an expert, but even though the GOG stone says it has excellent symmetry, in every picture, including that ASET, the symmetry of the light return is wonky. It would bug me.

Bigboozer

Rough_Rock
ok, you guys are doing a pretty good job of pushing me towards the 1.90 from B2C. Wish that I could see a video of it but that isnt going to happen because they do not have any of those diamonds in house. The crushed ice look in a diamond does not excite me as much as the ones with big chunky facet structures. by looking at the B2c image would you say it will be chunky? I found a royal chandelier cushion from brilliantly engaged, its a little out of my budget so its will be hard for me to pull the trigger on that.
http://www.brilliantlyengaged.com/1.68-carat-h-vs2-royal-chandelier-cushion-brilliant-cushion-cut-diamond-gid-20668.html

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
THe 4 main from B2C is going to be lovely. It doesn't have crushed ice faceting and will be very brilliant.

They have a great return policy too. So that's what I am going to recommend for you.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results