shape
carat
color
clarity

JA True Hearts G/SI1 - idealscope / twinning wisps ok?

danpz

Rough_Rock
Experts, can you help me out one more time??

Finally pulled the trigger - last night - and ordered a JA (true hearts) in a Tiffany-style setting (14k White Gold Six Prong Knife Edged Handmade). http://www.jamesallen.com/loose-diamonds/round-cut/1.05-carat-g-color-si1-clarity-excellent-cut-sku-354571

Looks like a beautiful diamond, looks like a good Idealscope, and a 0.6 HCA. One concern -- whether the multiple twinning wisps might possibly be visible to the naked eye or reduce the brilliance. I assumed not, but this morning decided to ask to have a JA gemologist look it over and ensure that it was eye clean. I'm getting a little push back from the JA consultant - who is working on finishing her GIA gemology certification and assures me it's eye clean.

From last email: " ... I have, however, attached the Idealscope to this email for your easy reference. As you can see, the diamond has excellent light performance, thus its classification as a True Hearts diamond, with the perfect optical internal symmetry, creating the hearts and arrows images. I understand the need for due diligence on such an important purchase and the thought to take advantage of all services provided so you feel like you have crossed your "t"s and dotted your "i"s so-to-speak. We have, however, confirmation on its excellent light performance with the Idealscope, we know it is eye-clean, and it is definitely a nice white diamond due to the G color grade. It is the top of the line being a True Hearts diamond. This is all the information the Gemologist will provide. I am actually part of the Gemological Team that works with the Gemologist in NY, so I know exactly the information they will give on the diamond. So, should we still proceed with the inspection? I am not trying to be difficult on your request, I am just pointing out that we already have everything we need to know we have a fantastic diamond. I suggest having a Gemological inspection, when there is doubt or a question we cannot answer even with the grading report and movie of the diamond."

Am I good to go here based on the attached Idealscope image, pics/video on JA site, and this email response? Or should I insist on something re: eye clean from a licensed gemologist? Any concerns with this diamond?

Muchas gracias. :)

_22278.jpg

gia_8.jpg

img_large_diamond.jpg

danpz

Rough_Rock
bump.

In short: Does this diamond look like a winner? Anything that would cause YOU concern? thx

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think it looks lovely. You did a nice job. Twinning wisps are a great inclusion, if there is such a thing, because they are very hard to see with the naked eye. And a G, very white. You will be happy with this i am sure.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous diamond!

danpz

Rough_Rock
Thank you, Neil and April. :angel:

Given my knowledge limitations in this area (other than Pricescope lurking), the fact it's an SI1 and that I've read a lot of differing opinions on twinning wisps, it will make me feel a tad better to have a gemologist (officially) take a look. JA has agreed to do that.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results