Do you own any $200 jeans?

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
any differences vs my $30 Costco jeans? :bigsmile:

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My SO buys all my clothes at the thrift store, but never pays over $5 for jeans.
It's possible I have some fancy designer name jeans.

I wouldn't recognize them but my SO's the opposite.
He gets all hard over designer names. :lol:

I do remember using a razor to carefully remove that polo player on a horse from a shirt.
I won't be their ad unless they mail me monthly checks.

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hahaha, heck no. I probably would not spend more than $55 for a pair of jeans, ever.

hippi_pixi

Brilliant_Rock
yes. I bought them 3 years ago and they are the only pair i wear cos they are the only pair that I've ever found that fit me. I'm pear shaped so need a pair that fit my kardashian sized bum and arn't loose around my smaller hips/waist. I buy midrise jeans cos plumber butt is not a great look. if you think cost per wear they've worked out pretty cheap! I've also got some AU$30 pairs of black jeans from target but I'm on the third pair cos the zips keep breaking (they're not tight just shitty zips)

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm with Kenny. Thrift store jeans for me. My sister turned me on to thrift stores some years ago, and I never looked back.
How can you go wrong at $5-$7 each???? Lots of them are brand new with tags. I am frugal--can't help it.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Absolutely! I love them!

Now admittedly I buy them at Nordstrums Rack off season and pay closer to 45-60. You have to wait until you find some your size, but worth the wait.

But yes I buy designer jeans. You can't beat the fit. And I mean, cut is king, right?

Jennifer W

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Dancing Fire|1410506245|3749567 said:
any differences vs my $30 Costco jeans? :bigsmile:

I have two pairs of eye-wateringly expensive jeans, and three pairs that cost $30 or less. Both sorts are great, but they do look different. The difference is in the cut of the expensive ones, the way they fit, the look of the denim and the fact that they just, well... flatter better, I think. I don't wear them every day, but I always feel great in them.

The less expensive ones are fine, I wear then a lot, but the fancy ones are amazing. Also, I've had the fancy ones for what, maybe eight years now. Probably longer. I've been through several pairs of cheap ones in that time (although I wear them more often, so maybe that doesn't mean much).

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
No and never will.

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't but my oldest son bought a pair many years ago to impress a girl lol..he loved them...but he never bought another pair.

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock
Yes i do/ did. There are 2 pairs that i know that i have bought around that price. I know one was given away due to the battle of the muffin top and the other.... i havent checked the wardrobe in a while so it MAY still be there. AND most probably DON'T fit me anymore.

There was a time where i went out clubbing a lot. I bought these amazing pair of jeans at a boutique in Melbourne (cant remember the name) but they fitted well and got great compliments when i wore them. There was also another pair that i wore all the time. Sadly the battle of the muffin top and I passed them on to my ex.

Now, i get jeans (4-5 pairs) that are around $50 that i wear all the time. They fit well so i am lucky. I have as yet to shop in a thrift or op shop; that is what we (older) West Australians call it. :)

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
I usually only buy jeans during Nordstrom Anniversary sale. I think the highest on sale I've ever paid was just over $100 each for CJ Cookie Johnson jeans. When they're full price I think those are nearly $200. They' were worth it. The quality of construction and the fit were second to none. The other brands I've bought during those sales were Kut from the Kloth and Wit and Wisdom. Both on sale are around $50-60 usually. Though I think I paid $40 for the Wits this year. They both fit me very well and hold up very well. I fluctuate in size, so I have several sizes now of each brand, and they've held up. I finally killed two pairs of Kuts that I loved from about 5 years ago, and I've patched them twice to try to get by another year or two but I think the patches are about done.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
kenny|1410506578|3749568 said:
My SO buys all my clothes at the thrift store, but never pays over $5 for jeans.
It's possible I have some fancy designer name jeans.

I wouldn't recognize them but my SO's the opposite.
He gets all hard over designer names. :lol:

I do remember using a razor to carefully remove that polo player on a horse from a shirt.
I won't be their ad unless they mail me monthly checks.

You gotta get one of these, Kenny. Bit safer than a razor blade.

anatomy-of-a-seam-ripper-dritz.jpg

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
No and I never will. I like my jeans to be a dark blue so I buy the cheap ones and if they get to faded then I just wear them around the house when I'm not doing anything or cleaning. I probably wouldn't do very well at a thrift store for that same reason but I may just check that out.

mr_kroshka

Rough_Rock
Nope, I only have 1 pair and I don't wear them. I feel there is no breathing room :naughty:

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm sure you all have seen this story already, but in case you haven't:

http://www.usatoday.com/story/money/business/2014/09/06/jeans-face-an-uncertain-future-amid-yoga-wear-rage/15146265/

Yoga pants sales are up, denim sales are down.

I used to come home from work and change into jeans every day. I've had my share of $150-200 pairs and loved them, but in recent years I've switched to lounge wear (like yoga pants, leggings, sweats, etc.) when I'm relaxing at home. The last pair of jeans I bought was a couple months ago at Express for $80. I had a $50 gift card so essentially I didn't pay full retail anyway. I don't know that I'll ever pay more than that for a pair of jeans again. Designer denim has been around for a long time, but it doesn't really fit into my lifestyle anymore. And as far as quality vs. cost, my cheapie $30 jeans from American Eagle (dark, dark skinnies, you can never have too many) fade quickly, belt loops come off, and they're thinner and more prone to ripping than any of my "better" denim. I definitely think you get what you pay for. It might be different for dudes, though. My husband refuses to buy expensive jeans (he gets Levi's from K-Mart, no idea what they cost) because he only wears them to work on projects outside and gets them filthy, or when he's playing a gig. But those suckers LAST FOREVER.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have such a hard time finding jeans that fit great. It I looked great in them I would pay $200. With that being said, I pay $ 7.80 per pair. The only jeans I've found that fit me great come from Forever 21 (dark wash skinnies). My nieces made me try them on and was I couldn't believe how well they fit. They start stretching out quickly after about 4 washing so I use them for gardening and cleaning after they start looking not so great. My husband calls them my disposable jeans. I probably have about 20 new jeans sitting in the closet at any given time.

One Saturday afternoon I was shopping at one of the stores i regularly shop. I had jeans a JCrew blazer and boots on. The outfit looked cute and put together. The salesgirl came up to me and said those jeans are so cute and fit you perfect, they must be ours. When I said no I purchased them at Forever 21, she said I have a pair of their jeans and I would never wear them for anything but cleaning the house. I found it so funny that they were great looking 5 minutes earlier.

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Never thought about designer jeans until 2 months ago when I got a burning desire to get some. Went into bloomies and tried on about 20 pairs ranging from 150 to 300 bucks. Didn't fit any better than my 29 dollar old navy ones. Left without expensive jeans.

mr_kroshka

Rough_Rock
Calliecake|1410533831|3749724 said:
I have such a hard time finding jeans that fit great. It I looked great in them I would pay $200. With that being said, I pay $ 7.80 per pair. The only jeans I've found that fit me great come from Forever 21 (dark wash skinnies). My nieces made me try them on and was I couldn't believe how well they fit. They start stretching out quickly after about 4 washing so I use them for gardening and cleaning after they start looking not so great. My husband calls them my disposable jeans. I probably have about 20 new jeans sitting in the closet at any given time.

One Saturday afternoon I was shopping at one of the stores i regularly shop. I had jeans a JCrew blazer and boots on. The outfit looked cute and put together. The salesgirl came up to me and said those jeans are so cute and fit you perfect, they must be ours. When I said no I purchased them at Forever 21, she said I have a pair of their jeans and I would never wear them for anything but cleaning the house. I found it so funny that they were great looking 5 minutes earlier.

Hope you didn't give the mean salesgirl any of your business!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think men's jeans are made of different material/fabric; I've always bemoaned that women are overcharged for clothing because the fabric used are always so thin and skimpy, then we wonder why women feel cold most of the time whereas men say they feel hot. :lol:

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
mr_kroshka|1410534049|3749726 said:
Calliecake|1410533831|3749724 said:

Hope you didn't give the mean salesgirl any of your business!

I lot of my clothes come from the store with the rude sales person. She is usually so nice. I just ignored the comment. In the whole scheme of things it was pretty insignificant. I did get a chuckle out if it. People can be so strange sometimes.

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Niel said:
Absolutely! I love them!

Now admittedly I buy them at Nordstrums Rack off season and pay closer to 45-60. You have to wait until you find some your size, but worth the wait.

But yes I buy designer jeans. You can't beat the fit. And I mean, cut is king, right?

Hah! Yes, this, exactly.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Circe|1410534778|3749732 said:
Niel said:
Absolutely! I love them!

Hah! Yes, this, exactly.

You aren't kidding. Cut is definitely KING when it comes to jeans (and diamonds)!

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Chrono|1410534216|3749728 said:
I think men's jeans are made of different material/fabric; I've always bemoaned that women are overcharged for clothing because the fabric used are always so thin and skimpy, then we wonder why women feel cold most of the time whereas men say they feel hot. :lol:

Men are just hotter. :naughty: :naughty: :naughty:

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've had some very expensive jeans thanks to Loehmann's, meaning that I bought them for well less than half the original cost. One pair of Valeninos in particular, which I bought probably 10-15 years ago were my go-to good work jeans for years. They fit perfectly and were beautifully finished - the perfect accompaniment to the Calvin Klein blazer I also picked up at Loehmann's. And they stayed in good shape for a very long time. (Needless to say, I babied them.) Alas they no longer fit me, and that particular source of off-price designer goods is no more. *sniff*

These days most of my jeans are Levis.

mr_kroshka

Rough_Rock
]
kenny|1410539400|3749755 said:

Some hot eyecandy

ugly_837b2c_2887376.jpg

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
One of these days I must try on a $200 pair of jeans to see what feels like.

Begonia

Ideal_Rock
Nope.

Levi's all the way and if I can get 'em at a thrift shop even better.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
mr_kroshka|1410543147|3749778 said:
]
kenny|1410539400|3749755 said:

Some hot eyecandy

:lol:

alexah

Brilliant_Rock
I had no idea jeans cost that much - yikes!

I only buy jeans at TJ/Marshalls. I've never spent more than $30 for jeans - almost always $20 or less. And I can't buy women's jeans - only juniors fit me right. Low rise / Levis preferred / typically $15.

I loved them for lounging around the house when I lived in NYC. Now I'm in Florida and wore jeans maybe 5 times in the past year. It's just too warm, year round. Shorts please - jean shorts ;-)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results